Scranton, PA
University of Scranton

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Scranton

Shauna

There is a great community atmosphere on campus. The small class sizes allow easy access to professors who know you and what is needed for a learning environment designed for individual students. Overall, a really great university!!!

lauren
Lo

It is amazing. I never want to leave.

Lo

It is amazing. I never want to leave.

Kathryn
You Won't Find "The Office," but You'll Have Fun!

You Won't Find "The Office," but You'll Have Fun!

If you're into nights full of drunken yammering about the merits of classic philosophers and authors, you've come to the right school! We take our studies seriously, but make sure it's over a couple beers. The Jesuit tradition is alive in the classroom, and students are into lively discussion both in the classroom and out. Great biology/pre-med program if that's your jam, also a small, but quality Liberal Arts program. Sports, not our thing, but if you like them, we've got some. Th city of Scranton is a quaint mountain town with some nice boutiques, and you guessed it, lots of bars. Overall, you'll get a quality education, and a lot of opportunity to move on to a decent graduate school or career after you leave "Da U!"

Leandra

Dear seventeen year old me, College is not as hard as you think it will be. They will not throw you anything that you can not handle. With that being said, college is not smooth sailing. You have to try and work hard just like you did in high school. The teachers in high school became like friends over the years which only made separating from them harder. College professors are not going to become your friends so you can not rely on them knowing you on a personal level. You have to go into the classroom and sell yourself. Get to know your professors and do not be afraid to ask them for help. On a social level, you need to open up girly! You can not be afraid to go up and talk to people. This is not like high school;people do not see you as "unpopular" or "dorky". Be your normal self and do not worry about what other people think. Make friends quickly so you always have someone to eat with. Get acquainted with your roommate over the summer so you have more time to talk before move in.

I wish I had known about the little diversity at the University of Scranton. Although it was not something that bothered me at first, it was a little disheartening to see such little ethnic differences. I grew up in a small rural town in Connecticut and went to an even smaller high school. I graduated the only black female in my class. I wanted to go to college and be surronded by people of different races and ethnic groups. Scranton is an excellent school just not very ethnically diverse.

The number one thing I brag about to my friends is the university's campus. The campus is beautiful! Between the Loyola Science Center and all of the dormitories the campus has such a modern/elegant look to it. I also like to brag about our food court. We have a great variety of food to choose from. The food is honestly one of the reasons I chose to go to Scranton.

Christina

The best thing at our school is the sense of community you feel inside and outside of the classroom, and all of the service opportunities you can take part in. The food is also very good!

I would tell myself not to worry as much about making the decision about where to go to school. I was afraid of making the wrong choice, but I knew where I wanted to go the day I received the acceptance letter. I was just afraid to admit it just in case I ended up regretting it or not liking the school as much as I thought I would. I wish I had made the decision months earlier when I revieved my letter. It would have saved me a lot of stress!

The most frustrating thing is that there is not a very good college town.

Brianne

There is a variety of people here. Some people haven't gotten out of the highschool phase of clicks, but many have. People are really nice and open. You can strike a conversation with almost anyone. It's a really nice experience to have a community of people that feel so friendly and open!

I think the biggest trait that our school is known for is the friendliness. Our school is also reknown for the academics it has, specifically for the sciences. The newest addition of buildings was the Loyola Science Center, and it's a sight to see! Lastly, our campus is known for its sports teams, more so bastketball. Overall, it has alot of great aspects!

As a highschool senior I was very fearful of the future. If I could go back and tell myself what I know now, I'd tell myself to relax. I was so scared of moving away from home. I'd tell myself that adjusting to a new location was easier than I thought. I'd also tell myself not to worry about the class loads, I would be able to handle it. I'd tell myself to not procrastinate and take every advantage to study and ask questions. I'd also tell myself that I would make a new group of friends, and I'd love my roommate and my floor mates. Overall, I'd tell myself to keep my head high, and know that everything will be okay. Transitioning may seem hard at first, but in a few weeks, I wouldn't feel so home sick! Everyting will fall into place!

Brianne

I'm in love with this university! I've wanted to attend the University of Scranton since my sophomore year of high school, and now that I'm here I couldn't be happier with my choice. The campus is beautiful, the class sizes are small, there is always something to do, and the food is delicious!

Anything sports wise is really popular. Other than sports though, many people participate in some kind of musical group, such as I who participates in concert band. There are so many clubs and organizations on campus that it is hard to say which is the most popular. The most popular organization I can think of though is USPB which is the group that holds many if not all the on campus activities.

When I first visited campus everyone seemed overly friendly. Somehow I imagined that to be the case when I moved in. However, it's kind of like high school with the relationship among students. Many people fall into their own little groups. Of course I'm always meeting new people, and I optimistically look forward to the next four years of always meeting new people.

Chelsea

The family aspect of it. Everywhere you go you know someone and it is almost like having family everywhere. It makes you feel comfortable.

I honestly don't hate anything about my school. I am competely happy with my choise and wouldn't change it.

Coralyn

The university is carring, to those atending as well as the community around it.

I would tell myself that I need to learn how to separate my achedemic life from my social life. The friends I meet here will understand and will always be there for me. Take the time to get all my work done before hanging out with them.

The community, Everyone on campus is friendly and welcoming to eachother. I have found it hard not to meet a freindly smile while walking to class.

University of Scranton administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.