Scranton, PA
University of Scranton

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Scranton

If I was able to go back in time to talk to myself in my senior year, I would tell myself to focus more on my studies. To not be afraid to take the honors classes and do the extra credit work. I would also tell myself that it does not matter what others think of you because the universities look at your grades. They do not care if you were extremely popular or not. I would remind myself to do what I thought was best for me, that everyone makes mistakes and not to give up when it gets difficult. To start looking for a college that fit my goals and has the classes I would need and want to take. When I found a college that I may be interested in, do not be shy about asking for a re-evaluation on your financial aid that they offer you if you do not think that it will not be enough to cover what you need. And when it comes to student loans, do not borrow any more than what you will need. Lastly, have fun while you are in college, join a few clubs or maybe a sport.

Allison

The university of Scranton is best known for being Jesuit in identity, the amount of community service its students perform, and the fact that The Office takes place near it.

I would advise myself to never pass up an opportunity to have fun and make friends, especially freshman year. I would also advise myself to complete homework right after class and in between classes so I have less to do at night. Additionally, I would tell myself to take advantage of the gym and other facilities that are available to me in college that I do not necessarily have a home.

Someone who is extremely liberal, artistic, and not religious as well as someone who cares a great deal about sports and school spirit should not attend the University of Scranton.

Caitlin

CLassmates are focused on grades, friends, and their futures.

CLassmates are focused on grades, friends, and their futures.

I know you think prestige is one of the most important things in choosing a college, but the most important aspects in choice of college are how well it will prepare you for your future and how you will be treated. You will be happiest where you can interact with faculty on a personal level and gain the attention you need. Most of all, go where you will be around the people you love who support you. I know right now you are focused on being the best in your class, but once you get to college that will not work anymore. Work towards being your best, not being the best. And college is a confusing time for everyone. Always remember to take your time when trying to figure out exactly what you want to do with your life. Oh, and boys will always be there; college acceptances will not.

It's frustrating that I don't always know what is going on on campus.

Cindy

The University of Scranton is a small jesuit school whose emphasis is community. All classes are kept to a small size so that teachers and students can form closer relationship, allowing for a better learning environment. Community service is built in to the majors so that students understand the importance of helpin others, seeing as all careers provide a service to others. Student at the university are much more involved in the community, sports, clubs and have tighter bonds with others on campus. Opon joining the Scranton family you are sure to get all the hekp you need to succeed.

Going back in time I would have told myself that the University of Scranton was the perfect choice and that there would be no reason to apply to the other 7 schools. I would tell myself that an exercise science major is one of the toughest majors at the University but also the most interesting one to pursue. Keep up to date on scholarships and finacial aid because they sometimes like to confuse you on how your aid package works. I would say to find a workstudy jobs sooner; somewhere you're interested in and that pays better than minumum wage. The counselors in your department are amazing and help you in anything you may have questions about. Be ready to not get the classes you want when you first registar but don't worry because people always drop out and you will definately find a spot. The campus has an amazing tech support, so any problem with your computer go to them. Be prepared for the icy winters and long rainy Scranton days. The varsity volleyball team wont be the best this year but stick with it because it has it's rewards. Go To The University Of Scranton!

No much although many complain about the Computer literacy course that is manditory for all majors. Students dont understand why they have to take a course on the parts of a computer, using a commputer and it's programs. Common sense would be that at some time before becoming a college student one has used a computer and learned to use the programs welll enough to do the assignments that need to be done. I for one would rather take a course I want to take and have more interest for.

The University of Scranton is a Jesuit institution focusing on the education of the whole person, mind, body and spirit, by encorporating various requirements into the curriculum and building a community which all members can rely on.

Everyone always told me that high school would be the best four years of my ife. In my opinion, college definitely takes that title. My college years were definitely the best and most important four years of my life. From doing laundry, to choosing a career path, the things you learn in college are things you will not learn anywhere else. You need to be sure to take advantage of every opportunity to learn more about yourself and "the real world". What career could be a good fit for you? How will you go after that career? What makes you who you are? How can you be sure to not lose what makes you special? These are questions I could not answer until graduating from college. It can be very easy to let various pressures alter these answers, so be sure to not let that happen. These four years will shape your future. Be sure to use these years to become who you want to be and no one else.

The community at The University of Scranton is the first thing I noticed while visiting campus. I immediately felt welcomed and everyone was very willing to answer my questions. You could tell that everyone wanted to be here and legitimately loved the school. After atteding school here, I can honestly say that the Scranton's community is my favorite aspect. Scranton quickly becomes a second home, and everyone I have met a second family. I know the friendships I have developed will be lifelong.

Tara

I would first choose a different major. I plan to go to medical school and will be studying biology for the rest of my life. I wish I chose a major other than biology such as buisness, math, or philosophy with a concentration in pre-med. Getting into medical school is extremely competitive and the majority of applicants are biology majors, I need a stronger resume and biology is too common. Second I wish I had more practice with time managment prior to coming to Scranton. I stuggled my first year with balancing a social and academic life, and my GPA reflects that.

Nicholas

The University of Scranton is small but feels like a big school with many activities to keep you busy all the time.

That college is completey different and the better you do in high school the more prepared you are in college. I would have told myself to take more ap classes so I can get more college credits and learn better study habits for the sheer fact that college is all about studying.

Many times, you will here the sirens of firetrucks go off since you are right in the middle of the city, it gets annoying.

George

My class mates are usually quiet. They are mostly the same in overall perspective.

I would tell myself to make a more careful decision in the college process. Look into a college where you can get every benefit weather it be in greek life, sports or academic groups. I'd say this because where I am now i feel so limited. I have yet to make many friends and feel restricted from whom or what i can meet and do in school. I'd tell myself to look into a place i know i want to be for the next four years.

I like the food, dorms and things to do such as the gym and rec areas.

Joshua

I would have to say our Jesuit ideals. We are a small Jesuit school in Scranton, Pa. I think are morals of helping everyone and making a change in the world would be what we are best known for!

First I would say get ready for a bumpy, hectic, life changing, and enjoyable ride. College is a learning experience in every sense of the word: academically, socially, mentally, spiratually, and emotionally. I would say pick a college where it feels like a second home, because you're going to be there for the next four years. Make sure that you focus on your school work and choose a major that you ENJOY! Follow your brian but more importantly your heart when choosing a school. Soak up every experience and don't let your talents and skills go to waste. Trust yourself and just live every moment to the max because before you know it it's gone. Have fun socially and make friends but remember your there for an education. Most importantly make sure you love waking up everyday at your school and know that with your degree you can do many great things. Good Luck!!!

I brag about the community aspect of my school. Being from Texas, I am miles away from home and the community feeling I get at school is awesome. I love that you can walk down our commons and see many familiar faces. You are always going to see a smiling face down the commons and at least one person will greet you. I brag about our schools commitment to servicing our local community.

University of Scranton administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.