Scranton, PA
University of Scranton

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Scranton

Scranton is my home and family two hours away from where I grew up.

Scranton is my home and family two hours away from where I grew up.

Knowing what I know now, I would tell myself to stay on track! I was very organized in high school, and this is an important skill to maintain in college. I went to a college preparatory high school, and I feel it did a very good job preparing me for the workload I would face in college. I would advise myself to get to know the professors if there was one specific thing I had to say. I never approached professors much until this year, and my understanding of subjects and relationships with people I may need a recommendation from someday has increased significantly. I feel if I had known this from the start I would have made more of an effort to communicate with professors beginning as a freshman.

A SCranton student is friendly and hard-working, but no afraid to let go and have some fun on the weekends!

Gina

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would encourage myself to ask more specific questions about the college and about student life there: is there a strong university ministries program? How are the priests that say the student masses? How is the food? What do students do on the weekends? Do the students match up with how they are described by the college's literature? What are faculty-student relationships like? Are faculty interested in their students' lives? I did not know the answers to many of these questions when I decided to attend the University of Scranton, but thankfully I can say today that I still feel I made the right college decision.

Lori

Take your time in deciding what you want to do. Learn about different majors, minors, and possible research opportunities. Once you know what you might want to do for a career, explore it as much as possible. Don't be afraid to ask for advice and help from advisors and teachers. Find a mentor who is an expert in the field you chose. They will be able to help you a lot. Don't work too much while in school because it will affect your studies. Do not slack on studying. Do not underestimate the classes that you will take. Everything is going to be challenging, but it does get easier after a few weeks. Once you get into the routine, it will all fall into place. Freak outs and nervous breakdowns are normal, and once you are in school for a while, a lot of worries will go away. Try not to stress out too much.

Caitlin

My advice would be to calm down and take life as it comes. Society sets high rules for people who are privileged enough to be able to attend college and take out student loans. When I arrived at college, I took everything very seriously diving in my studies, seeking out academic help and focusing completely on my future. I am now six months away from graduating and wish I had just calmed down my freshman year and enjoyed myself more. Life isn't all about the future, its about the present. I realized this after a few semesters. You can enjoy yourself and get your work done. I wish I had done more activites -- future students should dive in to anything they want to do. Remember, the world is yours to explore. I like to think that college teaches you two things : academic and knowledge for your future career but also life skills to get you on your way to adulthood. College was a great experience and I cannot believe is almost over. Future students should enjoy every moment of their college life because before they know it the real world is just right around the corner!

The best thing about this school is the people. I rarely meet someone I do not like. Every student is so friendly and happy, even when the weather gets cold and dreary. The professors and staff are very friendly and very approchable. College is a hard transition from high school but with the right people and the right school, it is easy to fit right in and find a group of people you enjoy. The university made sure students fit rightin from the beginning. The college is a community, not just an academic institution.

I do not have many bad things to say about this school. The city around the shool tends to be a little interesting, but I know the college is taking an active role in safety and providing a better environment for the students to live. The on-campus housing has improved very much since I was a freshman and incoming students should be very satsified with their living arrangements.

Tiffany

My classmates range from all different ages, they are kind, friendly, and very interesting people, I have bonded with many of them and they have become really close to me and are like family, they are great people!

If I could go back to senior year in high school, I would tell myself that I need to stay focus because lets face it; most seniors see that last year of high school as a time to slack off. Slacking off in senior year continued through my first semester of college. It was a rough start for me transitioning into college because most college professors expect you to be on top of your game and I was use to taking the easy way out. I would also tell myself that to enjoy college; there is no need to be nervous. I started college as a freshman, with so much anxiety. I thought I would go there and people would be rude and I wouldn?t find anything. I soon realized that people there are so friendly and will help and give you advice. College is so much fun and has a great atmosphere. I would make sure I told myself to get involve as well because that is where you know what?s going on around campus and you meet new people. I learned that the people you meet at college usually are the friends that last a lifetime!

My school has so many different things to do and opportunities to get involve. There is a club for everything you could imagine, and so many different kinds of sports you could play. They keep campus busy and always have something for the students to do. I think that is the absolute best thing about my school. They are always looking for ways to get students involve and make your college years some of the best years of your life.

Rebecca

Trust your children. The more you trust them the more trust they will have in themselves to make the right decisions.

A person who is interested in gaining a Jesuit education, meeting wonderful people and having a great social life all at the same time.

I dont believe there is a correct answer for this because everyone I have met at the University of Scranton is very different. We have different majors but there are no outcasts at school. There are people with disabilities, different races and religions and everyone is accepted.

Donna

I would give the advice of following your heart. A school may look good on paper,or seem like it would be the most practical decision. However,if you aren't happy about where you're going, you're not going to get a lot out of your college experience. A lot of my friends went to colleges that their parents had decided on for them, and they wound up either partying their way out, or failing out. So follow your heart, and do what is going to make you happy.

That jobs on campus were extremely rare other than work study.

The financial aid system is not really great. And jobs on campus are extremely limited.

Kenneth

My classmates are kind and helpful when needed. They do not pick fights and are fun to hang out with outside of school.

Make sure that you are definately sure of what you want to do in life. Research your school and make sure that your career of choice matches with the degrees that are presented at the school of choice.

I brag about my school being a four year university. It is the best school in bakersfield acedemically. Then I would brag about my school's sports teams because they are competing in division one.

Once in college get involved as much as you possibly can but don't let it interfere with your school work. Remember this should be the best years of your life, theres not much responsibility yet so live it up and make your parents proud!

University of Scranton administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.