University of Scranton

« See more reviews of University of Scranton

Let the soon to be college student decide upon where he/she would like to attend. As much as the parent's imput is influential and shaping the decision of where to attend, it should not be the decideing factor. Let that rest upon the student.

Once in college get involved as much as you possibly can but don't let it interfere with your school work. Remember this should be the best years of your life, theres not much responsibility yet so live it up and make your parents proud!

I would tell myself that I need to learn how to separate my achedemic life from my social life. The friends I meet here will understand and will always be there for me. Take the time to get all my work done before hanging out with them.

My experience so far is so valuable to me. I have really learned a lot about the journalism field and I was able to apply what I learned to a job I held this winter. I saw firsthand what my teachers were telling me in the classroom.

Visit the campus, stay over night if possible. You will know the right school when you are there. As far as making the best of your college experience, do not be an island. Get involved with clubs, teams, and activites.

I would tell myself to be more outgoing as a freshman to have a better first college semester. To not be shy and to be yourself because there will always be people in the world who love you and hate you for how you are.

Make sure that you are definately sure of what you want to do in life. Research your school and make sure that your career of choice matches with the degrees that are presented at the school of choice.

Let your kids choose the school that's right for them, regardless of the price. That should be the last resort. And don't holler at them for experimenting -- be it with alcohol or a major.

Students, enjoy it while you can. Parents put up with it for 4 years, kids appreciate what you do for them when they see you pay this type of money just for them.

Go to the school and spend the night. See how the people interact with eachother as well as looking how the student community intereacts with the location.