University of Scranton

« See more reviews of University of Scranton

Be true to yourself. If you pretend to be someone else, you are not only going to fail, but no one will take you seriously. As you transition to your college lifestyle, it may be difficult at times to not want to fit into the status quo of ‘what everyone else is doing.’ I encourage you to persevere. And trust me. It will be worth it. When you come to know the wisdom of this statement, you will look back at your lifestyle and simply be in awe of who you have become and what you have accomplished.

I wish I had known about the little diversity at the University of Scranton. Although it was not something that bothered me at first, it was a little disheartening to see such little ethnic differences. I grew up in a small rural town in Connecticut and went to an even smaller high school. I graduated the only black female in my class. I wanted to go to college and be surronded by people of different races and ethnic groups. Scranton is an excellent school just not very ethnically diverse.

Before I went to the University of Scranton school I wish I had known how easy it was for me to meet people and make friends. When most students go to orientation they are very nervous. They are meeting new people and are going to new places. But very quickly in college that changes the new students begin to make friends and become comfortable at the school.

Before I came to the University of Scranton, I wish I had known how much different it would really be from high school and how I would have to manage my time to fit in my varsity sport and my school work. I wish I had listened to my mother about how important it is to start out strong to get a high GPA.

They don't have a state of the art communication wing, poor television studio. Or, that there existed a women's center. And that there was little room for movement in the English department: you take what they offer.

Before I came to the University of Scranton I wish I had known more about the city itself. My impressesion of Scranton, the city, before attending school there was totally different from what I have seen thus far.

I wish i had known what the College name meant as far as careers were concerned. I also wish that thew coach of my sport (lacrosse) was more straight foward about the sports situation at the school.

I wish I had known a bit more about the city of Scranton before I came to this school. It wouldn't have really altered my decision but I may have been more prepared to adjust to a new environment.

I wish I knew that there was very little diversity and how much money the school would go up

I wish I had known that sophmore year is much more demanding than freshman year.