University of Scranton Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of Scranton

Kathryn

If you're into nights full of drunken yammering about the merits of classic philosophers and authors, you've come to the right school! We take our studies seriously, but make sure it's over a couple beers. The Jesuit tradition is alive in the classroom, and students are into lively discussion both in the classroom and out. Great biology/pre-med program if that's your jam, also a small, but quality Liberal Arts program. Sports, not our thing, but if you like them, we've got some. Th city of Scranton is a quaint mountain town with some nice boutiques, and you guessed it, lots of bars. Overall, you'll get a quality education, and a lot of opportunity to move on to a decent graduate school or career after you leave "Da U!"

Shauna

There is a great community atmosphere on campus. The small class sizes allow easy access to professors who know you and what is needed for a learning environment designed for individual students. Overall, a really great university!!!

lauren

It is amazing. I never want to leave.

Tyler

I love the U. As everyone says around here, "this is home, away from home." I'm really happy I decided to go here and not some huge college. I really like our close-knit community of students. The professors actually care if you're learning the material or not and they are always around to help.

Brooke

The University of Scranton is an incredibly warm and welcoming place. The grounds are extremely well kept and the maintenance staff is wonderful. The food is fantastic and the teachers are intelligent and helpful. You definitely get what you pay for when you come to the U.

Margaret

University of Scranton is a beautiful campus. The buildings are large and well equipped for learning. It has tons of wonderful employees, always willing to help. But as a non-traditional student, I feel a lot of my needs are not being met. Most of their study aides are available on campus only. I would benefit greatly from a wider variety of online classes, or more assistance for moms going back to school. I realize they can't meet everyone's needs. But it seems all of the professors assume that you are a campus student. It is very difficult to focus on studies when there are weird scheduling comflicts all the time. The first semester here was very difficult. I have adjusted now. It is still an amazing school.

Vanessa

I love the University of Scranton. I grew up always driving by campus, and as a young girl knew I wanted to attend this college. I love the campus. It has a great environment, and the other students and all the faculty are super nice and helpful. I love this school

Casey

I recently participated in two classes through my high schools scholars program. I enjoyed the atmosphere and the library is amazing. The food isn't great but there's plenty of off campus restaurants for you to grab a bite.

Alissa

The University of Scranton provides an overall positive experience for both undergraduate and graduate students. In particular, Scranton has a great reputation for sending qualified students into the medical field, which is one of the main reasons why I chose to attend the university. I would say that my school definitely prepares students for a successful life in the professional world, and also allows you to have a fun, enriching experience while you are in your studies. The people at this school have a kind, welcoming energy about them and you can definitely find the right people to surround yourself with if you take a minute to look around!

Giovanni

The idea of going to a local college didn't appeal to me at first, but I'm so glad I chose to go to the University of Scranton. I love being on campus. The people here are friendly and welcoming, and I actually made a lot of friends in my first week, some of whom I developed close friendships with throughout the semester. With all the clubs and events held by the programming board, there's usually something to do, and I do feel like a part of the community, even as a commuter. The facilities are beautiful, and there are many places around campus to study or just hang out at. Teachers aren't just intelligent. Many of them also want to get to know their students and are willing to sit down and help them if they're struggling. You're not simply a number at the University of Scranton, and they really do what they can to help you succeed.

Spencer

The university of Scranton is a fantastic beginning to your academic career. There are a surplus of opportunities for an individual to explore themselves and the campus such as, volunteering, academics, curriculars, and sports. Because it is a Jesuit university we are huge on volunteer work and participating in the community. Also, the University of Scranton is famously known for having a welcoming community for any degree of diversity. The campus is so small that it's super easy to formulate friend groups or befriend individuals. For the most part the professors are sincere and want to see you succeed. Class room sizes vary, but the maximum is about 35 and the minimum I've seen is about 4-6 depending on the popularity of the class. Almost every professor is reliable and extraordinary in their studies. Some professors exceed others in their involvement with outside work such as volunteering, research, or knowledge. However, almost all are willing to share their expertise if asked. The campus is very inclusive of commuters and on-campus students that it isn't difficult to participate together. The campus makes recreational sports or team sports easy to access and be apart of. I've met plentiful commuters that partake on both types of sports. Also, there is an abundance of club opportunities that satisfy a variety of diverse interesting from rugby, knitting, veterinary, and gaming clubs.

Jordan

The kids here are all rich and white, so if you are uncomfortable with that, don't come here. Pretty much everyone who goes here went to a catholic high school. If you love being super involved and being a part of a bunch of stuff, this school is for you. Basically everyone here is a future PTA mom on steroids. It's very expensive and a lot of people lose their scholarships, its rigorous and serious. You're also going to have to take a bunch of random classes that seem irrelevant to your major but you have to anyway.

Gabriella

I wish I could go but I don't have the money but if I win this scholarship I may be able to go which will make me extremely happy. It's just such a great school and I don't want to go to community college because I don't have the money so I really hope I can make it there.

Rebecca

The University of Scranton has great science programs and offers many great life and leadership experiences. They are a Jesuit university but no one there tries to convert anyone to a different religion and there are no shames for being of any religion or race.