Sioux Falls, SD
University of Sioux Falls

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Sioux Falls

Devin

I actually wouldn’t have to give myself any advice except for to continue on what I’m doing right now in high school, because you’re on the right path to success and one day you will be somebody in the world that’s important, and you will feel better when you know that you will have your college degree.

The way the teachers are when it comes to learning, its like they really want to help you, and that they will take the time out of there day to help you. Thats why I need help with money to graduate from here because I know for a fact that theise teachers will help me 100%.

Any time of person should attend, as long as they come here to graduate because they will getthe help that they would need in order for them to succeed.

Jayna

My classmates are all extremely kind and outgoing, and we all have a lot of fun together!

One of the main reasons I chose the University of Sioux Falls is the environment. I have always lived in a small town, and, even though the city of Sioux Falls is much bigger, it still maintains the safe atmosphere. The University itself portrays an even better atmosphere because of its Christian affiliations. If I were to go to a secular university, I think I would feel very out of place and uncomfortable. Therefore, since USF is a Christian Liberal Arts college, I believe I have been more successful here. When working with peers that have similar goals and beliefs as I do, I have been able to stay more focused and believe that I do not have the same temptations that the rest of the world has to offer. Many people become carefree and uninhibited their first semester of college, but through my great college community I have been able to stay true to myself and avoid making regrettable decisions. Also, being a smaller school with smaller classes and many Christian students and educators, I think USF has provided the personal attention and care that I need, rather than getting pushed by the wayside.

It is a close-knit Christian community where people do not feel pressured to fit a certain label; there are all types of people here at USF. Also, it is a small school, which means short walks to class and staff and students that truly know and care about you.

Camille

I attended SFSU in order to become more independent and meet new new people. By being here, I,m doing my best to use it as a fresh start and reinvent myself.So far, it hasn't even been a week but it has broadened my mind in several ways. I,ve already attended a meeting on studying abroad, I hope to be able to go to Australia and study Dance/Drama there I was shocked by how accepting people were in my dorm and a sense of community is being built here. I love it, I like feeling a part of a community since I,ve spent most of my childhood being ostracized and feeling isolated from the rest of society. In my hometown, Stockton, California, people lament on not being able to leave due to the lack of jobs and opportunites in the region. Unlike them, I left. And I hope to stay out.

The University of Sioux Falls is more than just a school, it is a community. The smaller size and emphasis on campus wide activities makes me feel like I'm home. From students to professors to staff, everyone knows everyone. You never feel alone or feel like some ID number, you feel like a person who matters, who belongs. This definitley isn't something that can be experienced at every other school.

My time at The University of Sioux Falls has been beyond valuable. Both academically and personally USF has helped me become the person I am today. The small class sizes offer a greater level of participation and understanding than at larger schools. The one-on-one attention every student receives is invaluable in the academic world and is a huge benefit for the future. I feel as though I am getting an excellent education that is going to more than prepare me for my future. On a more personal level, USF has helped me grow as a person by emphasizing a life based in service to both God and others. They constantly offer community service opportunities that would appeal to a great variety of students. Campus-wide involvement in student activities is another way that my USF experience has been valuable. I have met many amazing people through activities put on by my school resulting in what are sure to be lifelong relationships. Attending this school has had a huge impact on my life; my decision to attend this school has been one of the best choices I have ever made. I wouldn't trade it for the world.

All students should attend this school. Being a Christian school it gives students a chance to grow in their religion, meet new and friendly people, and feel like they are a part of something bigger than themselves all while gaining an excellent education.

Brennden

Being an out of state student(from California), I love the fact that people at USF do not care where you are from and they accept you for who you are. People here are so friendly and the campus is beautiful. Everyone here is very helfpul and the staff here really go out of their way to make sure you succeed. The atmosphere is always upbeat and cheerful here as well.

It is always an experience to live out on your own. College is a privilege, and I worked hard to get here. I never new i would of ended up here at USF... but now that I am, if I had to go through all the hard work to get here again I would. Being out on my own while attending college has made me even more independent and this will ultimately benefit me in the long run. I have made some great friends who I feel will be a part of my life for a long time. Also, the hands on learning here with smaller classroom sizes is amazing to have. I feel very blessed and grateful to be here with such great teachers.

Marissa

It is a warm environment for students but I feel that the professors aren't always the best.

Looking back, I would give myself the advice to stay focused. It is really easy to become consumed with friends, sports, and work. I would say "DON'T do it!" You don't want to pay $10,000 a semester only to end up retaking classes or having to go to school longer than four years. I would also state that you need to have a good balance between your social and academic lives. I say lives becuase they are really two different areas and they each deserve their own time. My advice would definitely be to stay focused on your goals and do not give up on them.

I feel that the cost of the school is the worst; I am always trying to figure out how to pay for tuition without taking out a personal loan.

close knit atmosphere. almost everyone recognises you.

close knit atmosphere. almost everyone recognises you.

Don?t be afraid! College will be the best time of your life. There is no need to be self conscious or worried about meeting new people. You will meet some of your closest friends as soon as you get here. Be open to making friends and you won?t have any problems. Procrastination is going to be your weakness, so always try to stay ahead. At times it will stress you out to the limit, but just remember that you can do it. Don?t dwell on your mistakes but look forward to the future. And remember, don?t take everything so seriously. College is a chance for you to find out who you really are, so explore lots of new things! You are about to go through a lot of changes, so hold on for the ride. You will make it through, just keep your head up and keep your faith and values close to you. God is your rock through it all, so keep your eyes on Him and everything will turn out right.

friendly people, very helpful professors, all faculty are looking out for students wellbeing

Kira

The advice that I would give the "high school senior" version of myself would go something like this... "Don't be scared to put yourself out there to meet new people. I know you're going to struggle with the change of lifestyle, but finding friends right away will definately be a comfort. Take advantage of the many activities going on the few month or so of school. Be involved. Talk to people. Be outgoing, but be yourself. Suck it up and don't be so scared to meet people. Everybody is in the same boat with meeting new friends. Cliques are formed quickly, so talk to a lot of people and find where you fit. Things will fall into place, you just have to push them around a little bit. These people could be your best friends 15 years down the road when you're living in the suburbs with your husband, 2 kids, and Scruffy. Don't get caught up in worrying about how you're going to make it through the next 4 years. Get caught up in your friends. Just don't forget about your schoolwork and studying!"

It is completely a matter of my opinion, but I believe that the best thing about the University of Sioux Falls is the size of the school. The class sizes are relatively small, and the campus itself is very cozy. I don't have to walk a half a mile to get to my classes. Sure, there's a little hill that I have to scale every once in a while, but I love the fact that I'm not attending a campus with 5,000 people that covers two square miles of ground.

I must say that the most frustrating thing about the University of Sioux Falls is our recreational facilities. We have a lot of lounges to use, but I have no desire to make use of them. Of the two lounges nearest to me, neither one has functioning DVD players, one has a broken cable jack, and the other only gets 13 channels of cable. If they expect people to want to stay on campus and make use of their facilities then they need to make sure things work to begin with.

RACHAEL

If I could go back in time, I'd tell myself to start college right out of high school as going back to school as an adult is difficult for two reasons: less time (due to jobs and often families), and more bills. I'd also tell myself that college life (sororities, football games, dorms, etc.) is an opportunity to mature as a person and make lifelong friends and memories. College life is something that everyone should experience, but it's nearly impossible to have that experience as a non-traditional student. I'd also tell myself how difficult it is to find a job without a degree. Most employers require some sort of degree which leaves non-degree holders less quality job options.

Students who require flexible course schedules.

University of Sioux Falls administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.