Sioux Falls, SD
University of Sioux Falls

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Sioux Falls

Thomas

University of sioux falls is a private college.

University of sioux falls is a private college.

Relax. Take a couple more advanced courses in high school. Though it may be more work to do in high school, college will be much more managable for you if you can put the effort in now.

Molly

The classmates I have at USF are very fun, hard-working, and intellegent students. They don't give up and they set goals and try to complete them.

When I was in high school all of my classes came naturally to me. Everything was easy and understandable and so I never put forth much effort into studying. Now that I am in college the courses are ten times harder then they were in high school. My best advice I wish I could have given myself is prepare yourself for college. Take a little time out of your night every night and study because it will be a lot harder going into college never having studied and experiencing a little extra work.

I believe the best thing about USF is that with the University being such a small campus the students get more interaction with the teachers and the students feel more obligated to ask questions and not be afraid.

Kameron

It has a Christian atmosphere that is very welcoming to all people, no matter what their beliefs or background.

At the time that I started I had been in a serious relationship that lasted up to my second year. Because of this, I did not get as involved in campus activities as I would have liked. Therefore, I would tell myself to become more involved and worry less about that relationship. I would also have gotten to know my fellow classmates better and participated more in events going on on campus and off.

The professors are amazing! They are always willing to work with you and take that extra time out of their day to talk and are always concerned about your well being.

Gabrielle

As a freshman in college I would go back and tell myself many things. The first one would be not letting the little things in life get you down and holding fueds with friends, it is simply not worth it. College has made me accept each and every person that I encounter, because friends in life are very important. Along with friends I would tell myself to treassure my family and time spent with them much more, because being away has been a tough transition, most definitely making my heart grow stronger for those that I sensed as an annoyance. Then moving right into the academic aspect, I would say that greatest thing I regret from high school is not talking more college credits or even pushing myself to take those AP exams. At that time it seemed like a burdon, but now that I am in college those test scores that I could have managed to obtained, possibly would have got me out of some of these college courses that seem like a repeat from high school days.Therefore in high school one must understand that college costs money, so taking advantage of high school opportunities is key!

Being completely honest USF is a college that anyone can attend, more or less there are those that can get exceedingly more out of it. Those people would be the ones who thoroughly enjoy the Word of God, one does not have a be a strong Christian just one that is willing to pursue all aspects of the Word. Also those characters out there that love to be around people and doing activities every night, have found the right place. USF offers a great amount of activities and will never let one be bored. Those wanting to be well educated!

Any person that is not willing to study more than just their intended major, should not attend. Along with classes, one that is not willing to put forth effort in becoming a Christian, because it is a Christian based college and many topics get related to the Word of God. So too, those that are not ambitious about the college life and willing to get involved should not attend USF due to it's great involvement with student activities on and off campus.

Argentina

The University of Sioux Falls is a Liberal Arts community based school that allows students to discover their potential in vast intriguing ways.

My fellow classmates are quite approachable and easy to get along with since the class sizes are condensed for better social access.

I'd explain that college is essential for creating a life that has options. It's challenging, but it is also enlightening to one's innerself and intellectual capacity. Choosing to further your education is one of the wisest decisions you can make because we never stop learning no matter how or what we learn; so why not gain a diploma with credentials in the process of that. Choosing a college is probably the hardest thing, but make sure you choose one that is both befitting of your personality and help to guide you in the way that you hope to achieve success. Stay focused to avoid procrastination. Make sure to socialize/network with people who are both unlike-minded and like- minded as yourself because you gain different perspectives of the world and you also make lasting relationships that can be perhaps beneficial down the road. Lastly, I would say, BE OPEN-MINDED. College is like a little world within itself; different cultures, backgrounds, races, ethnicities, talents, and religions are apart of this community, so don't limit yourself to your own beliefs or background. Know that having a diverse mentality will strengthen your view of the world.

Sean

Well, I had my mind set on the school I chose so I only applied to this school. My advice would be to look around and to find as many scholarships as possible so you can be placed into the school that best fits you. And no school is perfect

Whoever wants to attend this school can if they have decent test scores.

Janelle

You've only begun this journey into the beginning of your life, so choose wisely and embrace all that life has for you. Learn from your mistakes by becoming a stronger individual and overcoming your obsticles, you can acheive what you are destine to be in the future. Set goals for yourself to accomplish throughout your college years, this will allow you to follow the path that you're destine to embark upon. Listen to the advise of others, but in the end find your true voice by declaring who and what you desire. Embrace your inner self by staying true to your beliefs and morals, even in the face of the pressures of the world around you. Take the path less traveled by most only to find your passion, which will create flavor for your life. Once you've reach your desired goals and expectations for yourself, look back on your journey by appreciating the wisdom and insight you've gained along your adventure. This is the beginning to the rest of your life, so you can make the choice to celebrate your life's journey.

I guess I feel like I was prepared as I could've been.

When your a transfer student and over the age of 24 sometimes connecting with the younger students can be difficult.

Zane

I would have to tell myself that buying the textbooks is a much better idea than sharing them between two or three people, even though it saves money. The convenience of having your own books, and being able to use them when you need them for studying for out weighs the extra cost. Also I would tell myself to take advantage of the study aids that the university provides students with. The writing center and tutors are all there to help and even though I never needed these things in high school, I shoudn't be too proud to take advantage of a great study aid. The most important thing I could tell myself though, is that I shouldn't be afraid to talk to my professors even if they seem a little intimidating. The professors are all great people who are concerned about their students progress and well being and they are more than happy to answer questions adn work around difficult situations that might come up. Overall my advice would mainly deal with academics, since that is usually where new students struggle the most during their first semester of college.

I would have to say the community. The type of people that USF attracts, are people that seem to care about others, and really take a genuine interest in other people. I've made great friends and have been blessed in being able to be a part of a great track program. The community is made up of many athletes and music or theatre majors and this creates a unique experience at USF. We see great support for our athletics from the arts departments and we also see a number of athletes participating in the arts because of it.

The rising tuition costs over the two, almost three years that I've attended this university. Also the lack of awareness and opportunity for contribution that the students receive on the matter. The fact that I will be paying 25% more for my tuition my senior year than I did my freshman year and not receiving any extra finacial aid distresses me enormously. I've had more than a few friends transfer to different schools not because they want to, but because they don't have a choice with the rising costs. The whole situation just disgusts me.

The University of Sioux Falls is a place where I feel challenged, and yet surrounded by a group of people who I know will lead me on the road to success.

My classmates are always there to help me when I require it, and also provide me a way, through tutoring, to reinforce concepts by teaching them to others, which in turn, helps myself.

I would tell myself to take harder classes in high school and not be afraid of failing. Those classes that sometimes I was afraid I would fail, were the ones that were the most like college courses. I learned the most in those classes and can still recall most of what I learned and apply it to classes I am taking now. Also, I would tell myself to listen to all those scholarship seminars. Do not just trust that the college will give you a full ride. Even the little scholarships help make a dent. I would also say to research different places for scholarships, you can find many obscure ones that aren't very hard to obtain. Lastly, I would tell myself not to stress about going to college nearly as much as I did. College is a great time to find out more about yourself than maybe you'd ever care to know and find yourself surrounded by some of the best friends you'll ever meet.

Jacob

My classmates here at the University of Sioux Falls are some of the most friendly, fun, and helpful people I have ever had the privilege of meeting and working with.

Dear Jacob Sittig, I hope this letter finds you enjoying your senior year in high school. While I know you do not take your schooling for granted, I would like to impress upon you the importance of your education. Your education that you recieve early in your life will shape who you are for the rest of your life. In the next couple of years as you enter college, you will be introduced to an unlimited amount of new ideas, lifestyles, and kinds of people. Throughout these encounters it will be up to you to study these new ideas, lifestyles, and people, decide which way of life is best suited for you, and then follow your heart and work your hardest every day to be the best person you can be. College is a time in every young person's life when the practice of good habits can lead to amazing possibilites down the road. The choices you make in college will set the tone for the rest of your life. While I encourage to have fun and live a worry free college life, please do not forget the overall grand scheme of things. Sincerely, Someone Invested In Your Future!

I talk about how this university is very similar to a close knit family in the sense that everyone feels they belong here. Everyone from the President to the custodial staff make you feel wanted and important while always greeting you with a smile. If you are are looking for something to do on a Friday night, or just a friend to talk to, you do not have to look far around campus and a more than willing individual with present them self.

University of Sioux Falls administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.