Sioux Falls, SD
University of Sioux Falls

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Sioux Falls

Lindsey

Looking for a Christian school, USF stuck out to me because religous views were my own, not pushed upon me. I could take Bible classes that I desired to take and I was challenged to uncover my own thoughts, ideas and opinions. Also, entering this campus, I could simply feel the warming community. This is not something I encountered on every campus, but when I came to USF I was sure that these people were like family. Inside and outside the classroom, students and facutly were united. Something that is VERY encouraging when leaving your home and beginning somewhere new.

You do not have to go far from home to go far in the world. Transitioning from High School to College is one of the biggest and scariest transitions of our younger years. However, don't let the fear consume you. Treasure every moment and learn from every mistake and opportunity. I learned more about life in the first 4 months of college than I did in all 4 years of High School. Know what you want and don't settle for anything less. You future does not belong to your parents or your friends or your teachers; it only belongs to YOU. Do what makes YOU happy. Remember, college isn't just about obtaining a degree; it is also about growing in your faith, learning to live on your own, and meeting friends that will be with you for a lifetime. Money, grades - they will always be an issue, but do not let them hold you back from growing. For me, the loving, moral, supportive community I encountered at my college was worth every $26,000 I paid out. PS. Sometimes MOM does know best...give her a hug before you leave...she'll be your best friend someday.

If you are looking to grow not only in the field of your future your career, but in a variety of subjects this is the school for you. University of Sioux Falls strives in creating well-rounded and widely educated students. USF is distinctly a Christian college, but Christian views are not forced upon any individuals. Those thriving for an exciting social life and lifelong friends are sure to find happiness on this campus. There are always ways to get involved and the feel of community is amazingly overflowing.

Skyler

My classmates are fun and up for new things at all times.

My classmates are fun and up for new things at all times.

I would tell myself to make smarter decisions. College life is fun but also very difficult. The transition is much easier then it seems and making new friends is great but sometimes things lead you down the wrong path.

Cynthia

USF is best known for athletics and it's christian foundations.

USF is best known for athletics and it's christian foundations.

If I were a high school senior and I could have given myself some advice, I wish I would have told myself to give myself some time to figure out what I wanted to do instead of jumping in with a major already picked out. I would say to take generals even if you think you're sure. Go into working in the field if you can to see if that is something that you want to do for the rest of your life. This is what helped me decide that nursing was not for me. I still wanted to help people and be in the medical field and I decided on social work. I never would have though about social work in the first place because it didn't have high prestigue and the pay wasn't fantastic but that has to be set aside! Also, I would have encouraged myself to go do career assesments. I also suggest to make sure you do the assignments as best as you can or better so you don't have to worry so much about exams. College is not something to underestimate when it comes to tests.

I brag about my school. USF has high prestigue in Sioux Falls and in South Dakota. I feel proud going to USF.

Kara

If I could go back as a high school senior and know what I know about college today, I would definitely try to change as much as possible. I would try and work very hard at school work considering we had slim to none in high school compared to college. I would not wait to do my homework in high school until the very very last minute like I did. I would have studied what classes i needed to take in high school to be prepared for college. I would have told myself to take a lot more college courses through our community college senior year to be ahead in college when I got there. I am still unsure of how I would tell myself how to make the transition easier because I cannot even tell my sister that is a senior in high school that answer. I would tell myself that I have to learn to go with the flow and to be prepared to work five times as hard in college as I did in high school.

There isn't really something that is the worst about our school. The only thing I can think of is that it's a little boring due to the few number of students that attend our school. Because it is very small, everyone knows everything about one another and it becomes a little overwhelming.

Our football team have been the national champions. I am on the tennis team and we do really well too.

Haley

One major advice I would give myself is definately to pay a lot more attention to the details of the colleges, such as what they offer, costs, scholarship availability, and teacher-student ratio. If planing on attending a private college, I should look at other options for general requirements, and make sure that those classes will transfer over to that college exactly the way intended (i.e. if a math class does not transfer as a math credit, do not take the class). Also, there are scholarships available for people other than just seniors in high school, so keep applying! Another important aspect to look at is if certain classes have dual accredidation, like maybe a sociology class can give you credit for generals and major courses; this happens quite a bit. The last big piece of advice I would be sure to give myself is that even though I may be set on a certain school, I need to make sure to check into as many schools as possible because the perfect school could still be out there and I do not even know it because of stopping my search early on.

One thing that I definately wish that I would have paid more attention to when I came to the University of Sioux Falls is the cost of attendance. It would have been smarter for my situation (my situation, that of my mother becoming ill and still unable to return to work, so financially and emotionally my family is more strained than normal) to transfer with all of my required generals from a cheaper school and finish out my major at USF. I also wish I would have looked further into the requirements of a private college versus a state college.

As a social work major I would expect that classes required for my major be taught by a non-adjuct staff. It is frustrating to feel like this person (although a great social worker herself) is an inexperienced instructor and I am not recieving the best education I could recieve from USF. Another big frustration is not having access to wireless internet in our dorm rooms. Most school work requires the use of internet and it is sometimes distracting to go to a public place for homework. While paying extra to go to USF I would expect this access availability.

Kaycee

The Univeristy of Sioux Falls is a small, friendly, upbeat, highly liberal arts university. Students are taught to think outside of the box and use their liberal arts education to achieve a higher and better understanding of the world around them. With smaller class sizes students are able to seek one on one attention from professors as well as other students. The University of Sioux Falls is a perfect school for individuals who like the smaller campus setting.

The University of Sioux Falls is best known for its highly liberal arts education. It is a Christian based university that focuses on the liberal arts and religious views. Students are close with each other and faculty due to smaller classes sizes and a tightly woven campus community. The University of Sioux Falls also has a strong athletic background ranging from football to tennis. The Cougar football team has remained undefeated for almost two straight years and has one the national championship twice in the last three years.

Hey Kaycee. You will soon be making the transition from your loving high school to an all new university. Remember to keep your head held high and never back down from your own opinions. You will be challenged in the next four years, remain strong and focused. You have made the choice to play collegiate soccer and it will take a toll on your time. Remember to stay focused on your academics, your faith and your family. You will make new friends, some of whom will test your power of will and try to pressure you into trying new things. You know what is right and how to say no; if they don't accept you for who you are, then they aren't worth your time. USF is close to home, you can go back if you need to but try to stay on your own. Balance your money and remember the difference between needs and wants. Above all, don't lose sight of your faith. The Lord has lead you to USF and will stay by your side as long as you allow Him to. Love all, trust few and live life to the fullest.

Alesia

The advice that I would give myself as an high school student would be study. I would tell myself that working hard I to gain a degree means a lot. Along with in time when looking back at how hard I have worked would make me proud. I would also advice myself that staying focus and keeping a clear mind will pay off . As well as, reminding myself that it is not easy in this world with out a proper education. I would also tell myself that woring hard is the key to having good success. I would let myself know that I am giving myself a one time oppertunity for success. Alon with advicing myself that there is no easy way of achiving an education. In addition, I would also advice myself that the transition from high school to college will not be easy. Along with getting discouraged, would not be the answer for making it a transition in a different enviornment. I would also tell myself that prayer also works, it also helps to relax your mind and see things more clearly. In final thought, knowing these things before making your educational transition is very essential in life.

The thing that I wish that I would have known before attending this schoo,l is how to be more attentive. If I was more on top of my game when it came to assignment I would be more organized. Wishing that percratination was not an option, I feel that I would have gotten my assignment done on time. If turning back the hands of time was an option, I would learn from pass experiance and use time more wisely. Knowing time management before attending a proffesional instituion is very helpful. This way you will be more attentive doing assignments.

The type of person that should attend this school, should be some on that wants to make some thing of their life. The individual should be willing to give their all in order to get a good education. They most be a person that knows what he/she wants in life and is willing to work hard at achiving their goals. The individual should always be willing to reach out to others in an enviornment of different ethnic back grounds and culthers. The individual should not be afriad of achivement, or being them selves as well as communicating with others.

Cassandra

My classmates are easy going, down to earth, excitable, sincerely friendly, and many are on FIRE for GOD and ministry!

I would remind my high-school-self of a good friend named N.E.I.L.Y. "Not Everyone Is Like You". People will come and go in my life, bringing with them their own perspective, world views, social views, religious views, their culture, their ethnicity, their life styles, economic status, interestes, excitments, passions, and the ability to LOVE and be LOVED; they will also bring with them their hurt, baggage from painful life experiences, anger, frustrations, closed mindedness, hinderances, hypocrisy, and their ability to behave unlovingly. No matter what someone thinks about me or says to me, to my friends, or infront of others, ALWAYS treate them with LOVE, respect, empathy, kindness and appreciation for who they are as a person, and creation of God. Never back lash, but repay someone's harsh words with a compliment; in this way you will be preventing unwanted trouble. 1 Peter 3:8-9 "Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble. Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing."

I enjoy the strong sense of community, Godliness, encouragement, and the fact that the facualty, staff, and alumni go out of their way to talk with and get to know the students for who they truely are inside. They are perfectly willing to respect what they see, even when they do not favor it personally, but they still accepted them and move on in the relationship.

Elisabeth

I would tell myself to take the time of highschool seriously and learn all I can, to take every addvantage of it. at highschool age we tend to see only in the present time, and not realize how important our highschool education is to our future.

the level of intensity one needs to study to succeed in each class.

anyone can, but you better be prepared to be challenged to be the best you can be. you can't expect the professors to fill you up with knowledge, you have to seek it by asking the right questions.

Brianna

i really liked this school because it was christian based. I thought the classes would be small like the ones i had in high school so that was another plus. A lot of the other schools were about the same price but just didnt have a better art program compared to USF, so i picked USF because of that reason.

If i could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior i would just prepare myself more for classes and get used to studying on a regular bases. Just preparing myself for making new friends and being a little more open minded towards new people. Back in high school i never really wanted to do homework bc it was never too difficult. Coming to college school is definately more challenging and i was never really shown how to study correctly. So definately if i could go back in time, i would show myself how to be disciplined in homework and studying so i could be prepared for college exams.

i feel that anyone can attend this school, there are many different personalities and life styles that come along with people attending USF. I dont feel that USF discriminates against anyone who is interested in attending school here because it is christian based and they work with anyone who comes along.

University of Sioux Falls administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.