Sioux Falls, SD
University of Sioux Falls

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Sioux Falls

Katelyn

If I could go back in time to when I was a senior in high school and give myself a few words of advice about my upcoming transition to college life, I would tell my self to keep in mind one simple thing: be youself. I would tell myself to make sure I figure out who I am before venturing into the wild and uncertain college domain. Finding your identity in Chirst instead of in the people around you is very important because when you know your worth is dependent on Christ alone you don't feel the need to change yourself and what you believe in order to please others. Those who are meant to be your friends are those who accept you for who you already are. It may take time to find these special people, but it is well worth the wait. You will also feel better about yourself and the decisions you make if you stay true to your unique nature and what you know God wills for your life.

The best thing about the University of Sioux Falls is the sense of Christian community. Many of the professors are obviously Christians, there are many activities that promote your faith such as weekly chapel and on-campus bible studies, and the people are generally very kind and happy.

I wish I had known that I would have very minimal space to take classes that were not already required for me to take for my elementary education major. I wish I had known that it is quite unlikely that I will really graduate in four years.

Zach

The people here are great, kind open and generous.

The people here are great, kind open and generous.

I would tell myself that the world is much grander than partying. I would let myself know that college is different than high school and to work hard so I could get into school. I would tell myself not to wait six years before deciding to go back. Because college opens up opportunities and helps you discover more about yourself and what you actually would like to do with your life.

Honestly, the small class and one on one time with some proffessors, also the women.

Brad

The school contains christain elements, but does not shove religion down your throat. It is up to the indiviual to pursue religion themselves and the resources are provided to them. USF provides more of a real life approach to school by allowing many different people/values into the school and does not only allow Christians.

I would give my high school self the advice of following his heart and not worry about what his parents say. My parents told me, when I was coming out of high school, that I could not be a teacher becuase I did not possess the skills needed. This was a problem becuase being a teacher was the career choice that I had been thinking about for some time. When I told my parents my career choice they began to doubt my ability to do the job and they talked me into the beief that the job was to hard. I searched for two years trying desperately to find a different career that appeased my parent, but my heart kept getting pulled back to education. When I finally came to this conclusion I was behind and would not be able to graduate with my friends in four years becuase I needed an an extra semester to finish my degree. Even now I feel like my mom doubts my ability to be a good teacher and it still bothers me, but the difference between my high school self and me is that I have become strengthened in my education resolve.

The person that should attend this school possesses that qualities of a Christian who wants to have those serivices, but wants to live in the world like Christ wanted his followers to do. If the student is not religious it is still a great place to go to school because it is a smaller school that allows for interaction between all students and professors.

Laura

Prepare now! Do not assume that everything will just fall into place. Research schools, know where you want to go and what the deadlines are for application. Seek to understand what classes you will need to take. Break away from high school friends and find who you are apart from them. Seek God's plan for your life always.

How to better transition from living at home to living on campus. This would have been especially helpful since I am going to a school in my home town. It was extremely difficult to find the middle ground between being close to home but being independent at the same time.

I think that The University of Sioux Falls is a wonderful school for those hungry to learn. The education recieved here challanges you but if handled correctly will not overwhelm you.

College is great, once you figure out where your going to go. It is one of the hardest, exciting, scary, and most important decisions of your life. Don't hesitate to respond and seek out the schools you are interested in. Also, get scholarship applications started immediately. Once at the college you've chosen, get involved! There are so many activities going on that first week and it is extremely important to meet new people and try new activities out. Don't get overwhelmed, college is supposed to be FUN! Remember to do these and you will succeed: Make Friends, Get Involved, Sleep, Eat, Study, Get to Know Your Professors, Ask Questions, and HAVE FUN!

There are two parts about USF that I do not like. Wireless Internet is not available everywhere and this creates a lot of problems when I try to do homework in different places. It would make life a lot easier if there was wireless everywhere, especially in the dorms. Intervisitation is also a problem. Being in class all day means that i can only spend time with my friends at night, including those of the opposite sex. It would be nice to be able to spend time with them without always watching the clock.

Because I am such a strong Christian I would love to be surrounded by Christian peers; however, know it doesn't always work like that. On the other hand, this school is incredibly diverse and anyone can fit in. Out of all the activities here at USF it is nearly impossible not to make friends and fit in within some sort of activity, whether it be sports, music, art, dance, honors programs, or more.

Don't let the excitement and change overwhelm you little one. And always remember to be exactly who you are, disregarding the opinions and ideas of those around you about who they want you to be. You will become who you want to be in due time after experiencing all the different relationships and struggles that you will go through during your time here. They will refine you down to your very core, but it will only make you more of who you were already. Your core being will go through a tempering fire making it sharper and more refined. But only a refined tool is able to be used to fix anything. You will be a tool that will be refined in order to be able to fix different problem within the world.

Anyone seeking to find themselves in an academic setting where they would want rigorous coursework. Also, anyone who doesn't want to experience a whole lot of exposure to the outside world that is not part of the Mid-West.

The community and frienships that one can build here.

Holly

My school is very God focused, which is awesome, but the views of the school aren't forced on anyone.

If I could go back and talk to my self as a senior I would have told my self to apply for more scholarships, and to take more ap classes, and or classes that I could have gotten dule credit for high school and college. I also would have told my self to learn how to write papers in the corect format before coming to college.

I wish that I would have know earlier in high school how expensive college is so I could have saved more. I also wish that I would have had more classes in high school that would have appyled to more college coures.

Well I am a transfer student, meaning that I transferred out of a school that I hated. I went to a Division one school with about 30000 people and now I go to a school with about 1500 people. I would tell myself that I would really enjoy a private school. I would like the size of the classes and the personability of the professors in the private schools. I would tell myself that even though you will be far away from home, you will learn to grow on your own. You will love playing sports again and you will love all of the new people that you will meet. They will change your life.

The only bad thing about the University of Sioux Falls is the cost of tuition.

The kind of people that should attend this school are people who like small and personal classes, enjoy sporting events, people who want their teachers to know who they are, people looking for great friends, and people who want to me new, amazing people.

Most of my classmates are very nice and easy to get along with.

Most of my classmates are very nice and easy to get along with.

I would tell myself that I should learn how to study now so I don't have to try and learn in college. I also would tell myself to learn how to write a paper because it doesn't get easier in college. If i could go back I would tell myself to go and visit more schools, because you have to be sure about where you are going. I would tell myself to enjoy the last few monthes of high school because your life will never go back to how it was then. Now your seperated from your friends, families, and everything you've ever known. Suddenly your surrounded by people you don't know that have very different morals and goals from you. Most of all have fun. You're still young and can live without regrets. Next year everything will be much more complicated.

Koln

I would tell myself to attend class. I really messed up my freshman year, and didn't do as well as I should have. I would tell myself how important it is to maintain a good GPA during your years in college. Go to class and participate in the discussions, and you will do just fine.

How much more studying would be necessary to recieve the grades that I wanted to get in my freshman year.

The fact that it is a smaller school and that the sport I am in doesn't recieve as much respect as most of the others.

University of Sioux Falls administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.