Sioux Falls, SD
University of Sioux Falls

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Sioux Falls

Diana

It is a extremely friendly environment. The professors and staff are very knowledgeable. Class sizes are a good size as well as campus size. Athletics are supported as well art and music on campus.

I would tell myself to be myself. Go out and meet new people and don't give up in what you believe in. Stay focused on school as well as your social life and stay active. Going outside of your confort zone will allow you to meet new people you normally wouldn't meet. Don't be afraid to fail, just try your best and enjoy it all because it goes faster than you know.

An easy way of adjusting to the college life.

David

My classmates are extreamly nice and always show a friendly smile.

My classmates are extreamly nice and always show a friendly smile.

Be prepared to have lots of things coming your way. It is a scary process but it is a necesarry one that allows for growth. Be involved in all that you can with the school. Do not corner yourself into your room. That will only bring destruction to your social life. Make as many friends as possible and be alert for those in need. But most of all Enjoy it!

The staff here is phenomenal. Everyone is extreamly caring and generous with their time.

Kasey

A great place to learn, while having fun and getting the necessary experience for your field!

Take time to make friends along with making time for your school work, because these friends will last a lifetime! Don't be afraid to step out of your comfort zone and try new things!

Traci

If I were back as a graduating high school student entering college I would give myself the advise to work on my study habits. One of the big things that really changed for me when I entered college was the way I studied and took tests. In high school I was able to pass by quickly running through the material that we went over in class the night before a test. In college I had to begin a new way of obtaining knowledge in classes and remembering the information for test. I have begun to study weeks in advance as well as taking more accurate notes. I would have liked to know that my study habits would need to change before entering my first college semester to avoid several tests where my grades were not as I would have liked them to be.

Flora

It is a christian liberal arts school, culture for service, and educates students in the humanities, sciences, and professions.

I would advice myself to not partly alot, to never drink alcohol, to always turn in my assignments on time so that I wont lose points, and that college is a fun place to be; is a place to have fun and build relationships, but does not mean that you have to "exaggerate" the fun. The more fun you have the worse your life will get. In other words you wont be able to pass your classes, you will stay behind. Have fun with limits.

I wish I would have known that USF does not have a Medical School Program.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior I would make sure that I know not to give up when things get tough. Being so far away from my home in Colorado, it seemed at times that i wanted to just pack up and go home. In the back of my mind though, I kept telling myself that things will work out and all things happen for a reason. As a senior in college i couldn't wait to leave the house and and get to college, but know that I'm here i realize how much I took my family for granted. In the end, I realize that all things do happen for a reason and I'm here because this is where I need to be. I don't want anything to hold me back from my dream of being a nurse. So the one thing I would go back and tell myself would be, even though times get rough everything happens for a reason and to stick through every rough patch in my life I may encounter.

The best thing about my school is the campus life. I love smaller community because it's easier to get around and better connections with your teachers. The teacher to student ratio is really good and i love the fact that i can talk to my teachers and get help when needed.

Someone who wants to have fun and enjoy knowing and meeting alot of people. In such a small environment, it's easy to meet new people!

Alyssa

At the University of Sioux Falls, the campus is very close knit and everyone almost knows everybody else. The other schools i visited were smaller than the one I am at now and they didn't seem as close as USF. The professors here are here for more than just teaching us the things we need to know. They are like another family. They are there for the students when we need to talk or just to converse with us about our day. Its like having whole other set of parents while you are away from your own parents.

I would tell myself to prepare for dissappointments and let downs. Although they are not abundant, there will be some that will impact the rest of your college career. But its not about the trials that do come your way, its about how you deal with those trials. Also, I would tell myself to be ready for the different friends that come into your life and how you are going to need to be there for them. If I would have known that my sophomore year, I would make a friend that I care about so much it hurts to see her going down this path of destruction I would have said no way. College is about transitions and learning to be independent. Its going to be hard at first, but you were raised by parents that love you and want the best for you; don't worry, you'll be just fine. A new chapter starts when you walk accross that stage on high school graduation day and get your diploma. Cherish the past four years, embrace the moment you are in, and most of all seize the opportunities that college will present you with in years to come.

I would consider the worst thing about USF to be the amount of drinking that goes on both on, and off campus. And worse yet, most of the drinking that goes on is done by athletes that live both on and off campus. At least every weekend there is a party somewhere that takes place and if students don't go home, or if they don't drink thats were the rest of the students are. When freshman come here, they pretty much are told that if you like to drink and party, you're good to go.

Kristina

My classmates are students just as eager to learn and grow inside the classroom as they are outside of it; they challenge and encourage me to grow and explore new things.

Enjoy every minute of it. The next four years are going to fly by faster than you can imagine. Know that there are going to be challenging times ahead of you, and there will be rewarding and fulfilling times as well. Take advantage of opportunities to travel and see the world. Explore who you are and who you want to be, but take time to reflect on where you have been. Don't be afraid to ask questions! Make sure you call home if you're far away, or stop home every once in a while if you're close. Build relationships with your professors, classmates, roommates, and anybody else along the way. Take risks and be bold--college is a new and exciting time to grow and figure things out for yourself. We all make mistakes, and you'll make plenty in college, but don't dwell on the past. Instead, keep your head up and press on. There are great things in store for you at college. Come with an open mind and an open heart, and be prepared for the best four years of your life!

If you don't want to grow and be challenged, if you don't want to become a better and stronger person, if you'd rather play it safe and not discover who you really are, don't come to school at the University of Sioux Falls.

Juan

If I could go back in time and talk to myself in high school I would give myseld a lot of advice to be more ready for college. First of all I would tell myself that College is not that much harder than high school if I work hard and pay attention in class. Knowing that I wouldn't have been so worried about what to expect from College. The other thing I would tell myself to do is to work harder in Math classes because in College you are required to take 3 to 4 math classes; with this advice it would've made my college life a little easier. From the athletic viewpoint, I would recommend myself to work harder in my sport because college sports are not the same as in high school, college sports are tougher and there is way more competition. I would also tell myself that college is fun and is one of the best years of my life, and to take advantage of that great opportunity that only about 1 percent of the world population has the privilege of having.

When I tell my friends about my school I mostly brag about our athletic succes. I also brag about the fact that we are a small Christian University where we get quality education. Since most of the classes are with 30 students or less, the professors know you by your name and they give you more attention, therefore I believe we learn more. At bigger Univerisities not all the proffesors know your name and you are seen as a number rather than as a person.

I would say that the most frustating thing about my school is the location of the campus. I would like it way better if our campus and our athletic complex was in the same place. Also one of the most frustrating things about my school is that there is not enough parking spaces; when I come to class in the morning it is very hard to find a parking spot and sometimes I have to park on the street couple blocks away from the school.

The University of Sioux Falls offers a Degree Completion Program(DCP), which is a cohort style program that meets one night per week. My classmates are also non-traditional students witha sincere desire to better their position in life by completeing their degree. The staff at the University of Sioux Falls, especially in the DCP division demonstrate a genuine concern for the individual students. Many on the University staff know me by name, I even encounter instructors out in the community during daily life. While I am responsible for myself I am supported by the community.

I am a non-traditional student. I have never liked fitting into a mold. I am proud of the fact that I did not go to school where my high school friends went. I went to Colorado and really enjoyed life while I was in College. However, I did not graduate in four years. I am not complaining, it was okay for me to not have my degree, I had a family business to go home to. The family business was sold a few years back and I decided to go back and finish my degree. I will be 48 years old when I complete my undergraduate work. I am now looking at going on to get a master's degree. It may seem rediculous to be working toward a degree when I am 50, but it is what I want to do. I certainly would not encourage others to follow my steps. It is important to be pursuing your own path. If you aren't sure of that path then stay on the traditional path until you can see your own way. No regrets - I am what I am because of my past. Enjoy the day.

The University is struggling financially. I have not followed the discussions closely, but I understand the nation's economic comdition as well as some financing decisions have caused the problem. Last year, amongst other things, the decision was made to reduce pay for the staff. While none of the professors have said anything, I am frustrated that they, along with many members of our community, are suffering financially. The only other frustration is in trying to maintain a bablance. I want to get the most out of my education but must also maintian my other responsibilities, family, work and fun.

University of Sioux Falls administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.