Mobile, AL
University of South Alabama

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of South Alabama

Makayla

College can be the most exciting yet painful experience of your life. I know that you are ready to get out of the house, but you are going to miss your family more than you think. Those scholarships you are not putting effort into filling out are what could make your transition so much smoother. Having school paid for means that you will have some spare money to go out with all of the wonderful friends that you are going to make next year. There are going to be nights when you want to go out and party because that's what everyone else is doing, but you also know that you have a huge test in the morning. The truth is, its college. There is something going on almost every night. Stay in some nights because those parties will only be fun for the night, however a good GPA will ensure you to have a more fun life with a better job than you would have had if you gone out partying every night!

I wish I had known that some classes are going to be harder than those AP classes, and even though I did not study in high school, I would definitely have to study in college. I knew that south was very acedimic based, but I wish I had known that that does not mean the professors would baby the students, but they will help you in any way they can as long as they see you are putting time outside of class in.

A person who is focused on partying and does not care about acedimics should not come to South.

Kristin

My school is best known for it's medical programs. We have the number 1 medical school, and the number 2 nursing program in the nation.

If I could go back in time and talk to my high school self, I would tell her what I wish someone would have told me at that age. I would advise her to pursue her dreams no matter what. It's taken me 21 years to realize that the best gift you can give to yourself is your own support. So many people look to their parents, friends, and teachers for encouragement and approval; they ask what path they should take, what goals they should set, and what they should believe in. The truth is, all of the answers are already inside of you. All you have to do is discover them. Forget about what people think you should do, what they want you to do, what they expect from you. Know what your ambitions are, and believe in yourself enough to pursue them. The only thing stopping you from getting everything you want is yourself.

The best thing about my school is that it has such a beautiful and relaxing atmosphere. In college you will undoubtedly get overwhelmed and stressed out, but when you look around my campus you see palm trees, flowers blooming, and the sun shining even in December. It is so nice to have such a picturesque place to live.

Angelica

Angelica, High school passes in a blur. Enjoy every second of it. College life is different. It involves choices that you have to make, time management skills, dedication, concentration and the ability to stand on your own two feet. When you are wanting to make adult decisions in high school-just wait. It comes so fast. Being able to stand alone is your best trait but it does get lonely. Embrace the ability to make friends, join groups and don't be afraid to be different. You will make a difference but believing in yourself is that first step.

This school is great for every student. It offers degree programs in all areas and allows for diversity.

I like to brag about how beautiful my campus is and how involved they get their student body.

Baylee

The University of South Alabama has excellent academic programs. However it could be a much safer environment for students.

There is a wide variety of different types of students at my school. There are kids from all over the world at South along with students from every type of background. You can meet so many different personalities at this school.

The academic programs at South are challenging, but will be helpful in the long run.

Makenzie

The academic at the University of South Alabama are much different than I was use to in high school. In high school there isn't much of a push for students to do their best. Where at South I have pushed myself past the limit I thought I had, and I have proven to myself that I can make an A in the coarse. South has taught me how to become better prepared and organized. Also, to learn to say no to things that aren't as important as they use to be.

I cant say we have a "Stereotype" at our school. Thats like asking what is the stereotype of the worlds population. We are too diverse for that.

There are some parties here and there (I Hear). But I am trying to get my degree to move on with my life so most of time spent out of class is at work or studying.

I would have to say that I spend just as much time with the professors outside of class as I do inside of class. I participate in every class session but theres nothing better than sitting down one on one with you professor to straighten things out.

Brionna

USA is a small, family-based university that is a perfect fit for those looking for an intimate collegiate experience.

Grades are only temporarily important. The experience you have during your time at school is the long term importance. So enjoy every event possible, go to all the parties, make some mistakes, live life! Because now is the time to do so.

I consider the population size the best thing about my college. It fits me well and allows me to meet consistently meet new people while having small classes.

Marian

Looking back in retrospect of my high school self, I would tell myself to live life to the fullest and remember to breathe. Senior year I was so caught up in scholarship essays and resumes that I was missing out on life. I would tell myself that there is no need to worry about if I will be accepted to college or if I will receive more scholarships. Afterall, what has worrying ever changed? I would tell myself, "no you do not need that cute frame for your dorm because you will never be in there anyways." I would never question the food that my mother cooked but rather enjoy the luxury of a homecooked meal. I would spend every last minute with my bestfriends that I will soon be five-hundred miles away from. I'll hug my parents a little tighter and laugh a little louder. Overall, the stress of college approaching is only temporary. Once it begins, all of those worries will fade and the next chapter of your life will be halfway over before you realize it. Lastly, I would tell myself the best years of your life begin now!

South Alabama does not have many bad qualities but one in particular would have to be our parking situation. Parking on campus is always a disaster. You each have a parking permit designated to only one specific area. I am a resident and residents are only designated to park in residential hall areas until 1:45 p.m. At other colleges, their parking permits allow them to travel anywhere on campus. Walking fifteen or twenty minutes to class is not ideal especially when two classes are at opposite ends of campus.

The University of South Alabama has a very diverse group of individuals. Everyone and anyone should attend South Alabama if they are financially able. Every person on this campus belongs here. No one is left out or excluded. There are plenty of clubs and societies to join on this campus. Everyone is welcome!

Jordan

Due to the smaller classes, it is easier to get to know your professors. The professors care about how well that you do in their class. They are willing to help you and want you to ask questions. I have asked other students from bigger schools about that and they say that is not the case at all. I am blessed to go to a school that wants you to succeed to the best of your ability.

Learn how to study and start applying for scholarships as soon as possible. My high school education did not prepare me for a higher education, so I had to teach myself. Studying is one of the most important things that you need to learn to do before you get into college. Studying has consumed my life since I moved to the University of South Alabama, but all I can think is that it will be worth it all in the end. Scholarships are another huge part of college. I would tell myself to start studying for the ACT sooner than I did and keep working to make a higher score. I would tell myself to work on my resume as much as possible-- the more the merrier.

The parking is miserable and the food could be much better, but other than that there is nothing wrong it.

Gilandre

South Alabama is best known for their amazing medical school. Students come from around the world to participate in academic programs and studies.

I would have told myself to participate in more school activities, and to apply for more scholarships. Yes, i did get a full ride to a local community college, but i didnt get the oppurtunity to go to 4 year universities right after high school like most of my friends did. I envied them in a way, but they did put in most of the work and effort in order to be where they are now.

I wish i had known how difficult the courses would be!

University of South Alabama administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.