University of South Carolina-Lancaster Top Questions

If I could go back in time to speak to myself as a high school senior, I would have an earfull to say! I would begin by saying to study and work harder, you only have one chance and only one life so give it your all and you'll go far. I would then tell myself that college is not as scary as you think it is, instead of being shy, go in with your head held high and your fears left behind. Meet new friends and make several lifelong memories. I would tell myself to enjoy it and have fun but also work hard because in the long run it will pay off! I would tell myself that there are several people waiting and hoping to see you fail but there are several more that have your back and they want to see you succeed! Be successful and prove to everyone that has doubt in you that you are going somewhere in life and you will make something of yourself! Be proud, be strong, be loving, be ambitious, be yourself, and of all things be successful!

Drashti

I would tell myslef to reserach the career I am inrested in and volunteer or do an internship so that I know what I am getting myslef into. Once you go to collge the classes are going to be hard and if you have interned you have that motivation to keep your GPA high. I would tell myself to always read the chapter before I come to class so I won't be lost when the teacher is explaining something.

Marcela

I have been taking college classes since I was a freshman in highschool. It has taught me that many students in regular highschools are missing a lot of information. I have learned that there are many different people from many different backgrounds and it is very interesting to me because it was a different experience being in a classroom with someone who has a very strange accent and just came from another country. College has taught me that it takes a great deal of organization and a planner comes in handy during the semester. I am glad that I was given the opportunity to be able for my school to pay for my college, and I am glad that I did start college when I was a freshman because it showed me that I have so much more to learn.

I have been able to not only attend college for my future profession, but I have also been given the opportunity to play baseball at my JUCO, which is my first love. The experience of beginning my college education, as well as playing baseball means the world to me. I've made so many new friends and learned so many new things. I'm in my own apartment with new roomates and learning to take care of myself. I'm "spreading my wings" as I've told my Mom. Obviously a college education will be an extremely valuable opportunity in my life. But, I feel the baseball aspect will be valuable as well. I'm learning responsibility and time management. I'm learning to be where I need to be and do what I need to do for my classes, as well as my teammates. I'm so excited right now about what my future holds and feel very fortunate to have the opportunities I have right now.

Mishala

What I have gotten out of my college experience are learning, a chance of becoming somebody, and a better education. School is very important to me. I am trying to become somebody in my lifetime and being in school is the best way to become that somebody. Even though it is hard, I will never give up and I will strive to get my Masters in Nursing. School is valuable to attend, because everyday you get up in go to school you are making it better for yourself and the world by becoming someone that is going to contribute to the world.

The college experience has been great I have meet so many new people and learned so much. The valuable to attend is great you get so much out of college, you learn so much not just out of a book but about yourself.

If I could speak with myself as a high school student I would tell myself to learn how to study more. College is very difficult and it takes alot of dedication to school work. College is nothing like high school and it will take much more hard work in order to accomplish all the things you did in high school. You need to be prepared to work much harder than you ever had to work in high school. College is no joking matter and it can possibly be very stressful at times. Time management is also something you should learn because college is all about knowing how to manage your time wisley. College can be a fun experience but you also need to know when to be serious about your school and when to have fun with it.

If I could go back in time I would tell myself to study more and create good study habits because I will definetly need it in college. I would also tell myself read my textbooks more because I have to read for my classes often and it took me a while to get used to it. I would say Melissa you need to save up your money more because textbooks are very expensive. Finally I would tell myself to spend more time with my high school friends because once you graduate, I will not be able to see them that much anymore.

melissa

Given the chance to go back in time to my high school self, I would doubtlessly stress how important it is to work alot harder than i did. In retrospect i had no concept of how vital applying early for college and getting into a good school would be. I would attempt to relay the message that getting in school immediatly following graduation would be in my best intrest. That being one of the major things everyone always told me when i wanted to "take a year off". A year and a half later im still working on getting in school. I wish my high school self would have known.

Donald

If I had a chance to go back i would have three things to tell myself. One is to study a little more to get acustomed to doing so. The second would be to save as much money as possible because things can and will get tough at certain times. My last thing would have to be just to relax it's not as stressful as some people make it out to being.

I would definately study harder and develop better study habits.