University of South Carolina-Upstate Top Questions

There wasn't much emphasis on internships.

The financial aid officers act like they are being inconvenienced when you set up a meeting or ask them questions.

Becky

The greek life is not good like most schools. They do not have houses and you do not get as involved as you would at another school.

Ciera

The worst thing I consider about my school is that the professors who teach the same courses all have different teaching methods so some courses for the same subject are more difficult than others.This makes it hard because all the students that takes the courses are tested on the same materials.

Andrea

The worst thing about our school, is that it does not provide very good tutoring services to their students, along with their are not many activities and clubs, and programs to join.

Erin

The only potential drawback to Gonzaga University is the virtual community that nine times out of ten serves my educational and developmental needs perfectly. That one percent of the time, however, having a virtual community versus a literal classroom has seem distant and discouraging. Sometimes the best medicine for support is a friendly face or a warm hug when you're struggling with a concept. In a virtual reality support is often more consciously sought because of it's often illusive nature.

Shauntia

The worst thing about attending USC Upstate is the big hills and sveral steps you have to climb in order to go to class.

If you are straight out of high school it would be a fun place to attend. But if you are older, pregnant and married... not so much.

Chelsea

The worst thing about USC Upstate is the condition that the apartments available for juniors and seniors are in horrible condition. Many juniors and seniors do not stay on campus for this reason. I believe that if they fixed the apartments up over one summer that more people would stay on campus and that would also make it better for those that have to remain on campus to have better living conditions.

Shacara

The worst thing about my school is that there is now alot to do in spartanburg, sc. there are some on campus activities, but they are not that interesting. your social life becomes a bore, even though charolette NC is an hour away and columbia SC is two hours. Also Some of the teachers have the I got mine you gotta get yours menatlity. There is no make up policy and if you are an english, comunication , theater, or any arts major, you will be loaded with extensive resarch papers from each class.

Chelsea

The worst thing about my school is that I love photography and have started my own business for photography and retouching, but there is not much offered at USCU for photography. They do not even have a photography minor. Although I know a good bit about photography already, I would love to learn as much as I can, and this school doesn't have that benefit.

Rebecca

Absolute lack of organization, planning and cohesion - at least of the nursing program. Instructors don't seem to know what is going on when and necessary information about significant events is often not available until the last minute. For example: nursing students must take the HESI to go on to 2nd semester clinicals, but no information was available until less than a month before the exam was scheduled and the location and time of the exam was not known until less than a week before it was scheduled to be taken. And this has been endemic from the start.

Charles

Parking: There aren't enough parking spaces for the amount of seats they are trying to fill in each building. I'm sure this is a common problem, no matter which school you attend.

Amber

NA

Salsa

people that deal with financial aid or work in administrative building don't really care or want to help.

Tiffany

The parking situation as they attempt to accomidate to the expansion of students.

The worst thing about my school is the class availability. I feel that sometimes it is almost impossible to get the classes you need. This is not necessarily true for major courses, but I have been there for two years now, and I still need some of my basic courses. There is a large student body and sometimes there are not enough classes for the students.