University of South Carolina-Upstate Top Questions

Jabria

There's no guarantee that the people you start your freshman year with will be there with you all four years- or even after the first year. Don't be afraid to branch out and get to know as many people as you can.

Hayley

I wish that I had known how living off campus was going to affect my social circle. If you are looking to make a lot of friends, it is best to live on campus.

Kayleigh

I wish I knew more about scholarships and grants available through this school. Some of the costs I was not fully aware of.

That you need to take 15 credit hours a semester in order to graduate in four years. Also, to apply for scholarships year-round; they really do help.

Corbin

Something that I wish I had known about this school was how small it was. On open house there was a lot of people socializing but when you actually go to the school you don't normally see any socializing.

Karen

NA, Have not started at this university.

Jasmine

I wish that i would have known how to manage my time more and always get ahead of class and read the readings before the next class.

sierra

I wish i knew that it was going to be hard to get a job on campus and off because i would have went to a university that was 20 minutes away from where i lived and stayed at home and had me a part-time job.

Ciera

I wish I would have known that the pre-professional health careers here are so competitive especially for nurses. The classes are challenging but there is plenty of help right there on campus.

Dreisa

I wish I had known that scholarships were available to non-traditional students and that you didn't have to get student loans.

Krystal

The one thing I wish I had before I started attending school was the money to afford it. When people usually tell you about school theydont really talk about the expenses. You also think you’re covered because of financial aid but not really. When you get the bill for the rest of the tuition you have to pay out of pocket you will be very surprised. The thing is you just don’t have to worry about paying the tuition back but then comes along book fees. I just plan on saving for next semester.

That some of the professor's are not going to help you and are not going to care how well you do in their class.

Morgan

Before I started college, I wish that I would have known how to study properly. In high school I never had to study. Now that I am in college I have had to teach myself how to study and how to manage my time. I have learned how to balance all my work and extra activities and i has made me a more reliable and organized person. Even thought teaching myself a new skill was very time consuming, it was worth it.

Gretchen

I wish I had a stronger grasp on english and grammar. Writing is one of the most important parts of a college education. I could have excelled in a foreign language if I had known my own better.

Catherine

That the administration is not very helpful and they don't communicate with the students very well about acceptance requirements and deadlines.

Ashlee

More about how to get involeved and the diffrent activities they offered on campus. And things to do around the city the school is in.

I wish I would've known what was expected of me. For example I knew it wasn't high school but freshman year the work load was about the same. Then going into sophomore year it changed completely and work was just piled ceiling high. I also wish I would've known that there was nothing to do in Spartanburg.

Heather

I wish that I had known the difficult that I would have finding financial aid after my freshman year of college. With the economy in the distress that it is in, it is very hard to find a way to help pay for school.

Aimee

NA

Whitney

There is not anything different I would have done.

I wish I had more knowledge about financial aid before I came to this school. I was shocked at orientation when I found out the tuition, and I had no idea where to begin to get the money I needed. I still find myself overwhelmed trying to find money for school.