University of South Carolina-Upstate Top Questions

Hayley

The business professors have real world experience. They can really help you apply what you have learned in the classroom to your career.

Gabrielle

I really like that my school counselors/administration is so easy to talk to and helpful!

Tyranie

The best thing about Upstate is the various activities that are offered to the students.

Eve

The best thing about my school is that they provide discounted childcare to non traditional students. It makes life a lot easier when you can drop your child off to go to class and visit them during your breaks.

Krystal

The one thing I like about my school is that it is very divers. Many people from all over attend the University of South Carolina Upstate. Here you get to learn about different places not by taking a course but just the people around you. I never thought I would learn about Chile in Biology Lab. You get a first person point of view. You learn about the back street of different places not the sweet life you would see on a postcard but about people’s struggles.

USC-Upstate has the latest technology for its students to use. State of the Art computer labs, smart board projections, and many more. The nursing school is the most prestigous in the state and gives students the best training for their careers

Vaness

The caring professors and staff. They work with you to make sure you get what you need. Another thing would be, at Upstate your not just some number, you're a face. The professors take time to get to know you and help you. They take attendance and show that they care about you. It is not just a job to them.

The best thing about Upstate is the size of the classrooms. They are small so you get more one on one attention from the professors and it becomes more personal. It is also really easy to make friends here. There isn't as much stress as there is with big schools either. This school can become like home really quick.

Patricia

My best thing about USC Upstate is its size. The relatively small campus makes it easy it get from class to class within a short amount of time. Also, relatively small campus = relatively small student body,which allows for smaller classes with more indiviual attention from professors.

Morgan

I think that the best thing about my school is that it isnt too big. I like having a relationship with my teachers and having someone to talk to when I need help. All of my teachers know me by name and they are even willing to help me with issues from other classes. The campus is just the right size for someone who wants to be involved in the campus community.

Monisiah

The best thing about my school is, it meet my needs. It is cloe to home, the professors are one call or e-mail away. The free tutoring and supplemental instruction programs are a big help to my success in school.

Kelly

I think my classes are the best thing about my school so far. It's so much better to sit through lectures here than it was at my old school. Back then, we'd spend three weeks on how to use a comma and I felt like I was going to go out of my mind with boredom. Here, we actually learn things that aren't taught in elementary school, and I feel a lot more challenged, which makes me want to participate and pay attention. I think that's going to help me keep my grades up, honestly.

I really enjoyed the teachers. They seemed genuinely knowledgeable in their fields. I was impressed with their level of interaction with their students and the motivation they provided to each of us.

Camrie

I think that the best thing about my school is the beautiful campus and all the available programs offered to students. There are several resources for students to use in order to help them become successful in college. The university is very supportive of their students and the educational experience of each person. Most of the professors truly care about each individual and will do anything to help you learn.

I am not quite sure what the best thing is about USC upstate because I have not yet attended the school. Honestly, I am big into fitness, I heard the new gym is awesome.

I think the best thing about my school is the size. There are about 4,500 students, which is not too many to be crowded, but not enough to feel like there is no one there.

I consider the faculty the best thing about my school because without them and the great attitude they have and the desire for their students to learn, I would not be able to get such a good degree.

Catherine

They offer a wonderful nursing curriculum. The majority of graduates immediately obtain employment and pass their state boards on the first attempt.

Etoria

The best thing about my school is the helpfulness of the faculty, staff and students. This is important because incoming freshmen and transfer students are able to feel a since of oneness, community, unity and school pride. This also allows new students to let down their guard and be much more willing get involved (in school and in the community) and help the next generation of students entering the college or university.

Danika

the small class size, the availability of proffesors after hours, the amount of activities that are available for students to be a part of.

Michelle

The bst thing about USC upstate is the availability of the professors, they care enough about each student to take the time to counsel and assist you when asked.

I like the small town, friendly enviroment I find on campus. People are willing to help you when asked. Yet the quality of the education I am recieving is as good if not better as some large college campuses

Heather

The best thing about USC Upstate is the people. Everyone goes out of their way to make people welcome in an environment that normally seems nerve racking, college.

Katy

I enjoy that the classes are smaller, allowing me to get more help from professors if needed. It is also easier to have class discussions and dive further into the material we are learning. I can also meet and become friends with others in my class because it is more personal and there is not as many people, making it less intomidating to approach someone.

Carmen

I have been to a technical college where the number of students was so large that you never felt as if anyone was there, or you had to run around to find an answer for yourself. Even once you did find out the answer, it was often wrong or different from what had previously been stated. At Upstate, I feel as if all staff including teachers, admissions councelors, and office workers care about pointing each student in the right direction and making sure all students are on the same page with eveyrone else.

Melissa

All of the buildings are very close in walking distance.