University of South Carolina-Upstate Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of South Carolina-Upstate

Abbie

The University of South Carolina Upstate is my home away from home. I do not live on campus but I am connected and thrive in student life. The academics are excellent and there is a healthy amount of competition that drives students to go beyond their comfort zones and to succeed a higher levels. The overall size of the campus is relatively small, which allows for an easy find and it is easier to connect with the fellow students. If and when you choose Upstate to be your future home, you will understand the saying, "UP is where we live". By choosing Upstate you are not only picking a destination for your academic adventure, but you are joining the Upstate family which will become your forever home.

Nkauj Li

USC Upstate is a great school. Even though it isn't as big as other schools, when you walk onto the campus you can really see the efforts that the students have put into it to make it a great place. The teachers are really kind and flexible. Because it's not that big of a school, students are able to intimately get to know their classmates and teachers but yet still be on a professional level.

Ashyia

I believe Upstate is a great school, if you are looking to have fun but always focus on academics this is the school for you. There are a lot of things to do on campus, there is a swimming pool, basketball court, many food courts etc. This is just a great school

Chelsea

I love my University. I am going to be in the nursing program and I will say that it is very difficult. I always think though that I would want someone that knows what they’re doing to be helping me rather than someone that does not. Overall though I would say that the University is a good college!

Cindy

I recently visited USC Upstate for the first time and instantly fell in love. The staff was very helpful and explain how college is a closer step to our ultimate goal. Our dorm rooms are big enough and meet our basic needs. I know I will enjoy living on such a healthy campus.

Diamond

I have not yet attended this institution but I will be joining USC Upstate in the fall of 2017 so by the look of things that I have research this University I really love this University. This institution has the major that I am interested into and I am ready to meet new friends and discover new skills. I know that it might be tough going into the pre-veterinary program but with all my hard work and dedication to school I know that I can do all things I put my mind to.

Kristen

Nice school, Housing services are slack, professors are pretty good, size of classes are very nice, faculty is eager to help, and campus is always kept safe and clean. Cafeteria has limited hours which are often inconvenient to many students and food isn't that great.

Mahek

University of South Carolina Upstate is an exceptional university for anyone who enjoys being in an environment full of smiling faces and welcoming professors. The class sizes are not too big so it is not as overwhelming. The university has a wonderful student life and focuses greatly on academics.

Jasmine

University of South Carolina-Upstate is my second home. I love how the campus has scenery and not just the buildings. There are friendly people to talk to and the professors are always helpful. You can go to them with any situation you feel comfortable talking to them with and they will do everything in their power to help.

Danielle

First semester at USC Upstate. For the most part, the school seems fairly regular. I do not live on campus, this doesn't give me the full capacity of knowing what is what at the school. I will say, if you are a student, there is an unspoken notion about your responsibility to show up and do your part. If you are not willing to put in the effort, it will effect how you get through your school life.

Devyn

The campus atmosphere is very inviting and welcoming. The student leaders showed that they are knowledgeable and enthusiastic. I was impressed with the professors and class size. The campus is beautiful. I look forward to attending the University of South Carolina-Upstate this fall.

Carliss

In my opinion, I think that the college University of South Carolina Upstate is a great school. I transferred here from College of Charleston and I have not regretted making that decision. Being at school makes me feel like I'm right at home. I know I am safe here and everyone is so friendly. You might get lost your first week of school, but you'll love the exploring that you're doing.

Mekayla

I will be an upcoming Freshman at the University of South Carolina-Upstate, and so far I am in love with the campus. This school is a small school, so it is easy to meet and run into new people. Another thing that I like about the school is that it is close to home. This University would be great for anyone who is looking for a friendly environment, and professors who really care about their students.

Caylie

I personally love this campus. Its truly a great place to learn and grow, you'll have so many opportunities to do these things too its amazing. The class sizes are small and the professors are very kind and just want to see you succeed. Also their sports teams are winning and they win often, I highly recommend going out to a sports game because all students get in for free and its an exciting place to be.

I really enjoy attending classes here. My professors all know me by name, even before I get into one of their classes. It's a beautiful campus, with trees and places for hammocks when the weather's nice. I find that most people are very kind and can help you with directions if you're new or even just have a friendly conversation.

Robbie

University of South Carolina -Upstate is a great school to attend. Even though I take all of my classes online, the professors are there to helpo.

Tamaya

USC Upstate is a great school with safe fitting surroundings. The multiple opportunities they offer to make your college experience great is such a great way for students to meet students on campus and leave no one left alone. Some other campus life things they offer are sports and recreational teams, sororities, fraternities, different religious groups, study groups, etc. I can't wait to experience these things this fall when I attend USC Upstate this fall as a freshman. I feel as if with the many things they offer, I won't feel as homesick as I would on a campus that offers nothing but classes, roommates, and food.

Jalasia

It's family orientated facility and there are many great faculty and staff members along with professors. There are many different activities and possibilities here on campus. Everyone is very friendly and the housing is nice. It's a great place to get and education.

Jade

My overall opinion of USC-Upstate is a positive. I enjoy attending USC-Upstate because it's a smaller school, so everyone is involved and it feels like a family away from your own. They offer a ton of free services to students to help them excel academically. The dining services have multiple locations with different food options to fit exactly what you like. Sports facilities are top quality and involve all students to be a part of the games. The professors are also always available and class sizes are just right so you can have a personal relationship with your professor as well as classmates. Overall, attending USC-Upstate has been an extremely positive experience.

John

This school is a joke. Staff is awful, don't expect ANY help. Financial Aid? NOPE! And don't get me started on natural disasters. Every surrounding county closes schools, we're open! Trees down? DRIVE AROUND THEM! 3" of ice on the roads? JUST DRIVE SLOW! Better not miss a class or we'll ding ya 5% of your FINAL GRADE!!!!!!! Had I known half the BS I'd have to put up with by choosing this school, I would have chosen another school! DO NOT GO HERE! 90% Of the students are commuters, and the administration does not care about their safety!

Elliza

I am planning on going to this school because it’s amazing there but I have been the once but I was just getting a friend well my mom was driving so I am a middle schooler and I am very excited to go there soon!

It is alright. It is not my dream campus by any means. It is fine. There is nothing that makes Upstate spectacular. It was kind of my only option other than a community college, so that is why I chose it. It was picked due to being the only thing I was able to afford.

Very good school.

Avyonna

Upstate has always been my first pick school. The people are really nice, and it doesn't feel like just another school. It is also an inexpensive school compared to other universities, and there are always things to do on campus. I honestly think my grades will reflect how I feel.

Celeste

Very academically involved school. They're focused on the students and always available to help. I've enjoyed being here. They have plenty of opportunities for student get together soon do even have weekend study sessions. They introduce ways to get involved in the community and to maintain a safe learning environment for everyone.

Austin

USC Upstate is a very beautiful place. The facilities are very updated and are kept clean at all times. The classrooms are updated with the newest tools to further the students education. The school is also very interactive with student life. The campus is the center of everything, restaurants are all around the campus. they have shops on the campus as well.

Kiaria

My overall opinion on the University of South Carolina-Upstate isn't totally bad. The school definitely has its ups and downs. For starters, freshman are required to purchase a meal plan, but the amount of money the food plan cost, the food is very poor. There are not many options in the cafeteria, some of the workers in the cafeteria are not friendly, and they serve the same thing over and over again. It gets old after awhile. However, I would say that they do have other food options on campus, but you can't use your meal plan to purchase it. You either have to use your spartan bucks they provide you at the beginning of the year or your own money. The bright side to all of this is that they do have a Starbucks, so if you are someone who loves Starbucks, then you would be fine. The other downfall to the university would be the The brighter side to this is that the classes and professors are really nice, at the least the ones I have now and my previous professors I had in the fall. They do care about your education, they are available if you ever need help, and the tutoring center is also very helpful. Overall, I would rate the school a 8, It is a good school and very high ranking in the education and nursing program.

Angela

I believe that USC Upstate is a great college. The campus is well kept. They also have very beautiful and unique flora and gardens that help you relax. The staff at USC Upstate is always willing to help you whenever you come to them. Most of the buildings are close by, making it easier to get to your classes and not worry about parking.

alexis

Not only is our academics the most important thing, but the teachers actually care. They make us want to achieve more in life and make high grades. I love my university as a whole. I wouldn't chose another school if I had to. There's also always a helping hand, from professors and students, everywhere you go.

Amiyah

My visit to University of South Carolina Upstate was a great one. It offers the program that I need to start my career, which is the teacher fellows program. Over the summer I've stayed on the campus for a basketball camp and it was beautiful. The walking distance wasn't bad, the living facilities were very nice and home friendly. I felt very safe while on campus. I know many alumni that have attended this school and they have told me great things just like I experienced great things about the school. Out of my 3 choices University of South Carolina Upstate is my number one choice.

Tatyana

This is a very beautiful campus and the staff care extremely about every student. The professors make sure they keep in contact of their students to make sure they understand everything. This university provides many resources for students who may need materials or extra help in anything. There is always someone there to help you. This a great school to further your education.

Sierra

It’s a great school with great students and faculty. There are so many opportunities for the students to gain experience for the real world and become involved with the community. I truly feel at home with this university, everyone is like a family and I love it!

Kyra

This school provides the necessary tools for student to succeed. They prepare us for the real world and give us a variety of job opportunities and internships. There is no possible way students may fall short with their classes because the professors are very interactive and engaged.

Mariah

I have really enjoyed my past two years at USC Upstate. The campus community is very diverse and most of the people get along. The buildings are really nice and the campus is kept clean and the landscaping looks nice. There are a variety of services available for its students in a diverse age range. I would recommend this school for people looking into smaller class size but with a great education level.

Xavier

I love the size of the campus, the opportunities available to get involved and the extracurricular choices leave it slim to not have a place in student life. The diversity rate is nice, and Student life for students is amazing. The professors care about your success as an individual thinker and the class size is usually less than 27 students excluding lectures. The food isn't the best, and on-campus housing could be better. Other than that everyone wants to see you become the best YOU that you can be.

Ananda

I love University of South Carolina- Upstate. Upstate was my first choice college. My older cousin graduated from Upstate four years ago. Classes at upstate are small, which helps me focus and learn more. The food at upstate could be improved. Dorms are better than other schools I've visited. Really safe school, however, the city Spartanburg can be dangerous.

Claudia

I love the school campus and the overall meaning of the schools motive. I honestly feel like upstate will be my home for the next four years. The faculty and staff care for the students and want nothing but success for all. Every form of help ever needed is always available.

Akers

USC Upstate is a great campus. They keep the grounds and facilities clean throughout the year. They have several nice areas to relax and enjoy your time between or after classes. The professors I have had are nice and want their students to learn. The campus isn't too big and most areas can be walked to without too much time wasted. I think it's a great campus and happy this was my choice.

Iman

I love my school very much, but of course like most institutions of higher learning it has its day. It small enough that we feel like a family, but big another that there are plenty of opportunities to meet someone new everyday. We have a lot of school spirit and I'm happy I chose to be a Spartan! #SpartanStrong

Tamera

I believe USC Upstate is a very good college. Upstate has very good nursing and science programs. There are numerous people you can get in contact with when looking for an internship as well as multiple volunteer options. The campus is very pretty! There’s an arboretum in the middle of the campus. I would recommend Upstate to others.

Michelle

I love it and I can’t wait to start in the fall of 2019 there are lots of students and lots of things to do on campus and that is the importance another is the studies that they have that we can choose from whether we like it or it’s something that we want to do.

EdDriana

Living life especially as a junior or senior in high school, it is instilled in us to be successful and endeavor our way to supremacy. Whether it be in state or out of state, we look for a place to call “home”. Moving forward into the college life, I aspire to accommodate all goals while attending the congenial USC-Upstate. I will be working on furthering my education as Neonatal Nurse and earning my bachelor's degree. It would be an appurtenance to be a part of the indomitable Spartans. Optimistic, unprejudiced and acquisitive are a minority of words to construe who I am. As a student attending USC-Upstate, I will dwell on my studies, activities, organizations and clubs, and endorse the antiquity of the versatile USC-Upstate Sparty. I am mindful that this university is substantial on leadership, public service and innovative research. If accepted, I would serve in a discrete of community services to help make a difference. I am immensely interested in attending USC-Upstate during the fall 2020 school year. I would revel in a personal interview to be informed on how I can be an asset to the university. Attached is a copy of my resume enlisting the activities I have participated in while in high school.

Ricardo

USC Upstate has a beautiful campus with many interact-able people who are striving to make it through college and accomplish their dreams. You will find many different groups of people there but you can always fit into them because everyone for most the part, is nice.

Briania

My overall opinion for the University of South Carolina-Upstate is wonderful. The university offers many different clubs and groups for the students to join. The professors are always available to help if you’re having problems with anything. There’s also FREE tutoring that students need to take advantage of for extra help and better understanding. Everyone on campus is extremely nice and helpful if you are having a problem finding your way around or just need help in general. The counseling center is very good to have so you won’t fold if you’re under too much pressure or stressed out about anything. The class sizes are good not too many students so the professor can know who everyone is, and you can potentially build a bond. The on-campus housing is good not that many problems you’re already close to the classes and everything on campus versus staying off-campus which may be cheaper depending on the person’s situation. The food on campus taste pretty good. I personally like the café international section because trying different foods from around is interesting. There are also other places on campus where you get food from such as: Boars Head, Sub-Connect, Starbucks, and Wing Café each of them tastes well. The best part is everything is extremely close the university, so you don’t have to travel far to shopping centers and other places. There is a bus that can also take you to the Mall, Walmart, and Target if you don’t have a car on campus which is good.

Tianna

As an incoming freshman, I feel as though this college is great for anyone who loves the outdoors and loves small spaces because everything that you will ever need is within walking distance. Everyone on-campus is always so nice and willing to help whenever it is needed. All of the teachers and students have a really good relationship that they can go to them whenever they need something, whether it is inside of class or not.

Ashanti

This school is great and full of opportunities.

Mehkia

I would love to go to upstate my first year of college. I think this would be a great first experience! My sister Montierra Browning is a sophomore at usc upstate and she tells me all about it and it makes me so jealous. I cannot wait to attend this college because I know it fits best for me.

Cory

Upstate is a very nice place that combines large and small culture colleges. The atmosphere is also very Home involved and relaxed. When I first went there, a storm was brewing and caused severe rain and thunder. Even during presentation the staff worked through the struggle and were extremely successful, regardless of the hurricane like weather outside. It was very inspiring.

I really love the atmosphere at USC Upstate. Everyone is nice and willing to help if needed. The professors are always accessible and willing to help. Employers always look for graduates of USC Upstate in the hiring process. I'm glad I chose USC Upstate!

Aalexis

Overall I believe that upstate is a great school. It’s s little challenging but I never expected college to be easy. The college campus atmosphere is like no other place. There’s always activities going on for current students. The school tries to keep everyone involved.