University of South Dakota Top Questions

Preston

Anybody who is looking to further their education should attend USD. Here, we have major schools: Law School, College of Arts & Sciences, Business School, Education School, Medical School and the School of Fine Arts. There is something for everybody to participate in, regardless of your major. It is very affordable whether you live in state or out of state. The quality of learning that you get from the University of South Dakota can not be beat anywhere in the country for the same price.

You'd enjoy USD if you are looking for the University experience, but still want the sense of community you'd get from a small town.

Because I attend USD through the University Center in Sioux Falls, I have noticed that it is setup for the purpose of higher-learning and research, no more and no less. This is a great fit for any indivdual who feels like earning a college degree, while staying in or around Sioux Falls (South Dakota's largest city). There are indivduals fresh out of highschool here, all the way to people in their fifties who have decided to go back to school. There is really no criteria for a student, at UC everyone seems to fit in.

To attend this school, a person should be willing to put in the effort in class, though they should also be sociable and want to make friends.

Since Vermillion is located in southern South Dakota, the town consists of 9,000 residents that attend school and work in the community. The ideal student for this town would be a small-town person. The people know everybody's business, so the student would have to tolerate the citizens knowing their business. Also, the majority of the school year occurs during winter, so the student would have to like the cold weather and walking in snow drifts for 4 months. Overall, the student needs to know how small the school is and be aware of the South Dakota culture.

A person who likes small towns, who would enjoy going to smaller university and a person who is looking for a close knit university.

Anyone who doesn't mind a small town feel. USD is a nice size, not too terribly small but you won't get lost in a crowd either.

Someone who is goal oriented and would like to join a fraternity or sorority to make new friends because they also do many things to help the community.

Donna

The kind of person that should attend this school would be one who is social, a little more on the liberal side, artistic, and self motivated.

Maegan

USD is stereotypically a conservative mid-western college. The majority of the students that attend here are caucasion although there is no problem with ethnic diversity. Anyone who puts themselves out there is accepted and will have a blast.

Any person. USD offers so many options and activities any person can fit in. There are just the right amount of people so the opprotunity to make life long friends is always there.

Someone who wants to get a quality education for a good price - there is a great Honors program and most of the other academic programs are very solid in preparing this person for a job. Since it is in South Dakota, the price for the school is relatively low and the cost of living is very reasonable.

Someone who can't afford to go to a private college but wants a college that will do a great job of giving you the same education as a private college will. If you want to major in biology, they have a great program here for that. Also, if you like quiet towns this is the campus for you, but be prepared for the lack of places around campus.

A relaxed but focused person should attend the school. He or she should enjoy living in small towns, and should be outgoing to make friends.

Jessicca

I think anyone could attend this school. There is a good mix of students that go out and party and those that dont. If you are looking for a place with lots of weekend activities this might not be the best place for you. While the campus is working on this issue it is yet to be successfully resolved. Also if you are looking for an accredited program there is a good chance that we have it here.

Tracy

A person who attends this school should be a person who enjoys living in a small college community. Someone who enjoys living in a town that has one main shopping center, few restaurants, and sees people they know everywhere they go. A person who enjoys partying on the weekends and has a desire to be apart of a sorority or fraternity would also fit in well at this school.