University of South Dakota Top Questions

Sydnee

Since I'm going to the University of South Dakota through the University Center in Sioux Falls, the campus is way smaller than a normal college campus. The most frusterating thing about my school is not having enough space to sit where I want to do my work in between classes.

McKayla

The most frustrating thing about the University of South Dakota is that the food options are very minimal. In the commons area, it is almost the same food for every meal. Also they do not serve very much fruit or healthy food choices.

Kylie

Getting firm help with advising for the first year and a half or until criteria is met to get a dept. advisor. Financial aid is almost non existant. No matter who you try to contact, its a round about situation before getting to talk to anyone.

Erica

I am in the honors program, and the advisors are useless. Also, they tell you it is no more work than without honors, and that is an outright lie. Other honors students would agree that this program is very tough and seemingly pointless. Especially on top of two majors and a job. Also, the financial aid and housing depts can be very frustrating to work with, depending on who you talk to. Some can be very helpful, but you must bother them until they answer you.

nothing

Chelsea

I have really enjoyed my school experience so far, and there are no things that have really frustrated me so far except for my finacial situation. Everything comes with a cost, and while my school is fairly affordable in comparison to many, I still do not have as much finacial freedom as I would like.

Kayla

The most frustrating thing about my school is there financial aid department. Every year I have to strive to get financial aid, and they really don't work well with the students and try to find ways to make them able to attend there institution. I had to go to part-time because I could not pay to be a full-time student.

Constance

Sometimes I get the feeling that my alma mater is guilty of insular thinking. The leaders of my school need to do more reflection and find ways to connect with the rest of the state.

Devon

Wish they supported the arts as much at sports for the arts do very well while the sports is so-so

Cami

In a town with not a whole lot to do besides go to the bars or hang out with friends. (not always bad, it grows on you)

jenna

some teachers don't realize we take other classes than theirs! Sometimes i think i could fill up all of my time working on one class if i was very very decidcated!

The amount of competition between classmates

Tyler

It is very boring with not much to do.

Nathan

The most frustrating thing about USD is the lack of funding for new things for many departments.

Christopher

The construction projects are currently annoying but will enhance the campus 1000-fold when they're done.

Timothy

I would have to say getting through the financial aid fiasco. When you are on top of it its wonderful, but if you wait till the last minute of have any complications from it, you could be hurting for a while. It almost always works itself out in the end.

Mikala

The campus advisors for most areas are somewhat difficult to relate with.