University of South Florida-Main Campus Top Questions

Describe the dorms.

Janine

At USF, we don't call dorms "dorms," but instead residence halls. There are three styles: traditional-like your normal college "dorm" with two to a room and a community bathroom, suite-style, where you share a bathroom with four people, a bedroom with one and have a small area for pantry/microwave, etc. Finally, the type of residence hall I was in for two years was apartment style, where you have your own room (awesome!) and share a bathroom with one person. A kitchen and living room are also there as well. Some are new, and some are old, but none of them are awful. The newest ones, Juniper-Poplar, are suite style and have common areas for everyone known as "PODs." They're really really nice and are a great way to meet a lot of people really quickly coming into school.

Lianet

There are different types and you get to choose which ones fit you set. Personally, I have always lived off campus, but I have visited friends who live in dorms and they are quite accommodating and spacious. Some better than others. The best thing about them is that you have an RA that is available 24/7 for anything that you need (even if your toilet is not flushing, or you cut yourself making food). It is a pretty safe, and comfy environment.