University of South Florida-Main Campus Top Questions

What do students complain about most?

Jade

It is very common to hear students complaining about scheduling their classes once registration begins. USF has a system where students begin registration based on the number of credits they have, but students with a higher GPA (at least 3.75) can register the first day. Students that can start registering for classes later during registration do not usually end up with an "ideal" schedule and many times a class a student needs will be full so the student cannot register at that time. Students are often found constantly refreshing USF's class schedule search in order to find an open seat in a class. When students remain persistent in continuing to look for openings in classes, they should be able to get into all the classes they need.. but it can be a pain!

Lianet

Students complain the most (and honestly this is the only complain I have ever heard) about parking. Parking can be a little annoying, especially during rush hours. But over the years, you come to know what are the best times, the best days, and overall, which parking lots are available during certain days. Other than that, our school is pretty great!

Adelia

I have to tell the truth our greatest problem at the University of South Florida is finding parking where you actually need it. What else can you expect from a school of 48,000 students? But truthly USF is an amazing school! The minor problems with parking can get frustrating especially if you are already running late for a class best way to get around this is to get to campus before the afternoon rush or early in the morning.