University of South Florida-Main Campus Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of South Florida-Main Campus

Sirgio

I think the campus is great. Everything that you would need, if you were on campus, is there and easily accessible. The teachers I have had are open to help students and provide office hours to do so or some teachers allow you to meet with them beyond office hours for academic help.

JaKhya

USF is a great campus as far as academics, location, and opportunities. There are a number of programs that allow students to fully explore their interests including pre-law and pre-med. The location of the campus is also great. Students have access to one of the only on-campus Publix that allows them to get all of their needs close by. Outside of campus students often go to restaurants, museums, and beaches nearby. Lastly, there are several opportunities. Students are encouraged to study overseas to broaden their knowledge and it is common for students to receive emails with internship and job opportunities from professors and other individuals associated with the university. Overall, it's a nice school filled with students who are free to explore their interests and become the best version of themselves.

Haley

I absolutely love it. I wish that I could be living either on or near campus right now but with coronavirus I have no reason to be over by my school. University of South Florida has such amazing faculty members and students that all really care for one another. I would not trade my school for anything.

Judah

It's great. The on campus food options are top tier. Beef o Brady's, burger king, smoothie king, and chick fil a are a few of the excellent options. The library is gigantic and very resourceful with lots of free services for students. There are lots of groups and clubs to join if you're bored.

Riley

I love this campus and this school. I wish I could go back and do it all over again. positive classes, positive people, and positive learning. Online or in person classes are both very good. there are so many resources on campus to provide help to students who need help or to branch out and try new things.

Nobrisha

I love the school both academically and socially. There is so many extracurricular organizations to join and the professors are are very descriptive, specifc, and stright to the point. They're easy to talk to and there are so many other sources that USF provides to help you meet whatever needs.

Shawn

Overall, a very great campus and academic environment. Classes are easy to find and are walking distance from anywhere on campus. There are multiple options for dining halls and residence halls to give plenty of options to different students. The campus is very well mixed with other cultures with the different organizations bringing people of different backgrounds together.

Natalie

Excellent faculty, abundant extra-curricular activities, and fairly affordable with fair scholarship opportunities. Living on campus is too expensive for the quality of dorms, but its somewhat expected. The campus isn't entirely safe as there have been occasional robberies or gun reports both on and around campus this semester.

Faith

I really enjoy the atmosphere but at times it does feel really crowded. The student life is very lively and there's a lot of involvement groups to take part in. In terms of getting help with advisors it's almost impossible to get a face to face appointment with anyone and most of the time I feel not important and it causes me more stress.

Lakita

University of South Florida is a great college and I've learned the most here. I can finally say that its feels good to be around people who share similar educational routes as I do. From the professors to classmates, if I could do it all over again I would. I really enjoyed going to the sport events too and eating in the dining hall. I know that everyone must feel this way about their school, but I really love the food.

AMBER

USF is great, I wish the football stadium was on campus though because then our fan base would be bigger. Also the hub dining hall is terrible they don't know how to make food.

I think it was designed very well, it allots for a lot of growth a presentation of the various majors throughout the entire campus. It allows for students to be engaged with one another at all times while also providing an appropriate environment for study.

Rebeka

I absolutely love USF! When it came down to pick a college I was in between two, but USF was the place where I really felt like I was at home during the tour and this feeling continued once I moved in and classes began. I lived in Juniper and believe living on campus really helped me succeed and feel like a part of the community. I took advantage of attending many of the football games and various campus activities that really helped me feel connected to the USF culture as well. I am a part of the honors college and would highly recommend this to students who were a part of honors or AP classes in high school, or students who are looking for an extra challenge to push themselves further in college.

alecia

It is a very beautiful school

Kendra

I am going on my second semster here at the University of South Florida- Main Campus and almost everything about it is amazing. The aspect that stands out the most at USF is that everyone is always willing to help a peer out if they are in need of services. You will most likely never feel alone because there is always a group, club, or just someone who is looking for a friend that you could talk to. I see USF's campus as a huge home filled with an even bigger family.

Brianna

Ever since the summer of 2016, this place is my home but more than that. It has become a hub of new experiences, people and a source of comfort. I work here, I live here and I learn here. I am proud to be a USF Bull even when we are overlooked. We overcome obstacles together.

Lilly

It's pretty dope

I am a sophomore at USF and I love it here! The teachers are generally great and always there to help you. Some classes are tough, but college is supposed to challenge you. The campus is beautiful and well kept. There are many surrounding activities and businesses for recreation including nature parks, Busch Gardens, tea shops, book stores, and many dining locations. The school has a free medical clinic that your tuition and fees pay for, they will only charge you if they run tests. The current dorms are dreadful and substandard, and they charge way too much for these awful living spaces. The good news is that they are currently building new and upgraded dorms, they will be opening fall 2017. Overall USF is a wonderful school with great classes and teachers, the points they lose in housing and dining they make up for in academics.

Misturah

The University of South Florida is a great place to live, learn and have fun. I have been at the university for a year and a half and it has been a very rewarding experience. The people, the professors, the workers and the atmosphere is nothing short of amazing.

Siham

The University of South Florida has many opportunities for personal growth. It truly is an environment in which one can discover themselves. There are plenty of clubs and a huge diversity in the student body. We encourage respect, but we also encourage to stand up for what you believe in.

A

Based on my experience so far, USF is a superb school for those looking to further their educational pursuits at an institution for higher learning. To its credit, the main campus in Tampa is somehow able to offer a calm and soothing atmosphere, even though it's just bursting at the seams with life on most days. How is that even possible you may ask? Magic! But, on a serious note, I have no idea. All I know is that the University of South Florida is an ideal place to be for those who are looking to make the most out of their college experience in a relatively stress-free environment.

Liliana

My opinion of University of South Florida, is that it is an amazing school. For its multicultural diversity and more importantly, its focus on aiding students to success. USF does this successfully by having well-trained and caring faculty members willing to guide students to success. Also there are many programs and clubs offered by the school that students can reach out and join, to be part of the school. When I compare USF to neighboring Florida schools, I realize how lucky I am to be going to such a well put together university. Ultimately, the school has created a welcoming environment for me as a student and as an individual.

James

It is a great school academically but lacks in other areas such as social and political. It is probably due to the amount of diversity at the school, the size, and the amount of commuters. I am personally in Greek life and the percentage of people that participate and are active is less than 4% of the entire USF population.

christian

I love it, there's always something to do even if you aren't studying for something and a beautiful campus overall. There's plenty of dining halls and side shops/outlets such as Starbucks if you ever need something to eat or a quiet place to study. The only thing that would need improvement is there's not enough parking for the amount of students in the campus

Brianna

The campus is awesome and I love my fellow Bulls!!! This is my first semester and I choose Summer classes to get a feel of college life so I'm prepared for full-time fall classes starting soon. Living on campus has allowed me to make new friends and get the real college experience.

I absolutely love the campus. When you go on tours or look at it from the outside it seems huge but it's not that big. Everyone is really friendly and it is very diverse here. I personally love the diversity on and off campus because I like learning about other cultures and interacting with people. The academics are amazing, all the professors I have had have been great and very helpful.

I love being a Bull :)

Alexandra

I love my school. It is a safe, fun environment with pretty good academics and people

Tiara

This is a great school. The teachers are informative, the campus is beautiful, and I receive a quality education.

S

It's a decent place. Most people commute. Professors are hit or miss for the most part, but most I've had are very open and willing to help students. They keep regular office hours and you can always talk to them after class. Some facilities are old, but they are also building new ones.

Sharon

EDUCATIONAL; SOCIALLY INCLINED; AND PLENTY OF ACTIVITIES TO STAY BUSY.......

Christina

The USF Tampa campus is absolutely beautiful. The people are generally very friendly and you can definitely make a place for yourself to feel at home. That being said I didn’t realize originally that so many people were apart of Greek life. Even with that I really love my school its big but it seems like a family and I’ve already made lifelong friends.

Gabriel

The University of South Florida based in Tampa is a wonderful campus. The orientation of the classrooms are properly placed from the dorms based on what major the student is. Each dorm is within a reasonable walking distance from a dining hall; however, each dining hall has their pros and cons, so students prefer different dining halls for different reasons. The main student center is placed in the perfect spot so walking to the center is not a long walk for students. The main athletic center is a bit of a walk depending on which dorm you live in, but certain locations have their mini recreation center. Overall, USF is a wonderful place for students to live and learn.

Olivia

I absolutely love the University of South Florida Tampa campus. I began my first semester in the summer which I initially dreaded, but it turned out to be a great experience and really put me at an an advantage by getting to know my way around campus, getting to find a great group of friends, and just adjusting to the college life in general. I stayed in Juniper-Poplar Hall and had so much fun. Juniper-Poplar Hall is the newest dorm on campus so it is very nice, clean, and modern. There, I met my now best friends and made some of the best memories. Juniper-Poplar Hall conveniently has a dining hall in it where I spent a lot of time hanging out while grabbing a bite to eat. I was pleasantly surprised when I first saw what the dining hall had to offer because unlike how movies portray college dining halls, Juniper-Poplar had some really great options. Another great dining hall that offers a more healthy variety of food is Champions Choice. Champions Choice happened to be closed during the summer, but I first went there in the beginning of my fall semester and the food there was so good. It is located near the USF gym so after I go for a workout it is conveniently close to get some food. Speaking of the USF gym, it is awesome! There are three floors which include an indoor track, hundreds of machines, and they offer a variety of workout classes. Sometimes the gym can be pretty crowded, but it just depends on what time you go. Regarding academics, USF is top tier. USF offers one of the best medical programs in Florida and is on its way to being ranked as high as UF. As a nursing major, that is one of the biggest reasons I chose too attend USF. Besides that I also chose to attend USF because it has such a beautiful campus. There is even a botanical garden! Overall, I highly recommend USF to anyone who is interested in going to a university with a closer knit community. USF is a perfect size that isn't too overwhelming. I do not regret my decision at all and I hope someday my children would continue the legacy. Go Bulls!

University of South Florida a great school for focus and academics. It is a very large school in a pretty large city. Unforunately many people who are from nearby come to the school with their friends from high school so it's a bit hard to make friends if you are from out of state.

Devin

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Sofia

Overall, I think that USF is a fantastic school that takes pride in its academics, sports, and safety. We have pride for the things we do, including sports and there are always opportunities to take advantage of but you have to be aware of them otherwise you can't capitalize on them. Academics are something that is a top priority at USF and that is something that is so important to getting off on the right foot in the world.

Sucharita

USF is a wonderful campus! Teachers are absolutely amazing and I have met some who have personally changed my life and viewpoints. The students here are so welcoming, that I met some of my lifetime best friends in just a few short months. Academics are challenging, but it wouldn't be college without it. Great university, even greater to go here!

I really like USF. I just transferred there in Summer 2017 and it was the best move I could've ever made. I love the class size and the school is way bigger than my last! It's nice because I have a couple friends but I don't know everyone in the school's name like my last school. The campus is beautiful and I love going to football/basketball games. One thing I dislike is that I don't have enough time to play lacrosse and join all the clubs I want!

Shedira

I feel safe and inspired to learn. I love the diversity, the flow of academic information, and the robust research environment. There is always an activity for students to enjoy and the heads of my department are always looking out for me! You'll love the warm Tampa sunshine and going to the beach at every opportunity! Come to USF! GO BULLS!

Neeraja

I honestly couldn't be more proud to be a part of USF's grad school. Proud to be a BULL! :D

USF is a great school. My teachers care and are always willing to help. There are plenty of resources to help outside the classroom as well. They even have an Office of National Scholarships and an office for Education Abroad to answer any questions.

Victoria

I think that USF-Tampa is a very good school. My professors have been polite and taught well, the school is minority (racial, ethnic, LGBT, etc.) friendly and has a dedicated team that tries their best to improve safety for such minorities. There are lots of clubs and many sports related activities. The campus is pretty and also easy to navigate. The library is large and offers various spaces for both solo and group study. The recreation center (gym) is huge and has supplies for almost any kind of exercise or sport - it also houses a bike repair shop. The school community is diverse, and there are many interesting clubs and organizations (the Korean Language Club, Greek Life, the Transgender Student Union, iBuddy, and a gaming club are a few examples). There are, however, two things that I think this school falls somewhat short on: the first is it's location. While there is a mall nearby, besides that it could be a bit of a walk or drive to where you need to go, and the area surrounding campus isn't the safest. I also think there could be improvement to the dorms: while some of them are nice, some of them seem to need an upgrade (However, we students have been informed that the dorms are going to be renovated throughout this year, so I do expect them to improve within that time). Overall, I think that USF is a great school and that, while there are a few improvements to be had, the atmosphere of the school is enjoyable and helpful to both my studies and extracurricular activities.

Sydney

I really like the college I chose. It is a very large campus and you really have to like that in order to go here. Everything is pretty close and now the city is just finishing more bike trails along the roads which helps if you don't have a car. I'm also glad I'm not closer to the beach because I would be tempted every day to go. It's just far enough away.

Riann

Safe and inclusive campus that always has events going on. The student body is very intelligent and most if not all are all focused on school and care very deeply about their grades and education. There are plenty to do outside of classes to stay engaged with the school body.

Teagan

It is unBULLievaBULL! The faculty and staff here at USF are beyond friendly and they work hard to make our undergraduate years here as students as successful as can be! This university has top-notch facilities and offices for all students to have the best support and opportunities to further their academic careers. I would not have chosen any other university! Go Bulls!

Bernadette

I have enjoyed my undergraduate years at USF and am now going to be starting my graduate program there as well. I find that the professors are extremely knowledgeable and the advisers are very helpful!. I am looking forward for these next few years there and perhaps for my phd as well!

USF is a great school academically. It also is conveniently located. It has many extracurricular activities, clubs, and Greek organizations for its students to keep busy with. However, there have recently been crimes acted towards students and civilians of the area. The safety factor alone will make this review hard. In my opinion, it seems like the school can oftentimes accept "just anyone", especially when it comes to sports. Just a few weeks ago, a "star player" was arrested for assault on another student, on top of a road rage incident. I do not believe your acceptance into a 4 year university should be based solely on the fact that you are a great sports player. There are students who have worked so hard, but because they could not achieve a 3.0 for a high school GPA, they were not accepted; whereas recruiters are already at high school games picking out who can fulfill their sports team based on their accomplishments as a player, not a student. This is why I gave USF the rating I did.

Dominique

I like the environment and hopefully I get accepted next fall year

Kenneth

State of the art facilities, gym and 24/7 library. Beautiful campus and it's always warm!