Evansville, IN
University of Southern Indiana

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Southern Indiana

Dakota

The faculty at USI is for the most part unwilling to assist their students, in my experience just finding someone is the financial aid department that knows anything about financial aid has been one of the most challenging struggles i have ever faced.

As far as the college experience goes, it is a once in a lifetime venture. I am so enthralled that I decided to attend college and not just jump straight into the workforce. I have met a lot of very interesting people and have made lifelong bonds with several friends that I would have never met had I not chosen college over other options after high school. College is a wonderful experience and should be experienced by all high school students who wish to do something useful with their lives.

I wish that someone had told me about the unwillingness of faculty members to assist with any problems. Had i known of this issue I would have chosen another college because none of my friends from high school, who are attending college, have not mentioned any problems with issues that need the help of a professional.

Jamie

My classmates seem to be just like me, other than the fact that the majority of them are from surrounding towns and all know each other. They tend to be very laid back and just here to get their work done.

I have gotten my own taste of independce here at USI. Its 3 hours from home so I have become a lot more dependent on only myself, but I need to get a job. I have also learned what my strengths and weaknesses are as far as studying and focusing goes. From the time I started school I have grown as a person and been open to a lot more things to sort of "find myself." It's valuable to attend USI because the campus is gorgeous and all the classes are small and really hands-on, as oppossed to a huge school with all lecture classes. Also, being so far from home with no car makes you partipate in many things you probably wouldn't do to occupy yourself, and by doing so you may find an undiscovered talent. GO EAGLES !

The worst thing about my school, for me, is the distance from home. I have a hard time finding things to occupy my friends and I because none of us have a car. There are many things going on on campus but they could have a lot more considering the campus size.

Latifah

During My college experience so far I have made alot of mistakes and learned from them. I have learned that college is a whole different part of life, like the middle between childhood and being an adult. It has helped me become more focused, and determined to finish what I have started. To strive for a better life, and not give up No matter the obstacle.

Bobbie

My classmates are unique and imaginative with strong opinions, values, morals, and ideas.

The University of Southern Indiana has an outstanding art department. Other students and colleges are jealous of our art program. Also, the annual Madrigal Feast is a big deal and tradition with the University of Southern Indiana and never fails to draw in a large crowd.

I have learned a lot in my college experience. I've learned new ways to use my creative ideas and new skills for creating art. I've learned better ways to teach children how to create their own art and creatively channel their own talents. College has been valuable to me because of the things I have learned and what I plan to do when I graduate. The people I have met at college will be friends throughout my life and I plan on actually going into a charity program with one of them after graduation.

University of Southern Indiana has about 11,000 students. Only about 4,000 students live on campus, so while the student body is relatively large, the on campus students are still closely knit as if they were attending a private school. In addition, our campus is beautiful and continuously updating.

By leaving Indianapolis and coming to Evansville to attend college, I have had the opportunity to not only come to a school where the students want to learn, but I have also been introduced to a different life style. While the residents of Evansville still use cell phones and shop at Wal-mart, they also have very different attitudes. University of Southern Indiana has many native students, and by choosing this school, I have opened myself up to being able to learn how to talk and interact with more groups of people. Until I was 12, I moved about every two and a half years. Because of this, I never kept very many of the friends that I made over the years. My college experience has given me the closest group of friends that I have ever had. We spend time together almost every day, and I believe that in order to make the college experience the best, everyone should have their own university family.

The most frustrating aspect of University of Southern Indiana is the administrative offices. In order to get the necessities taken care of at school, students have to return to the offices multiple times because the staff continuously hands work off to other people, loses paperwork, or sets the paperwork to the side and forgets about it.

Shatara

We do not have a community bathroom we have our own bathrooms in our actually rooms.

It might be the classes and the professors and how cool they are, but hey I'm a freshman maybe I'll discover to the whole college thing.

I brag about our campus, and how nice it is with all the flowers, new buildings. I also brag about the dorms and how all the rooms have their own individual bathrooms and not a community for the whole floor. Also we have some pretty good food choices, like Sub Connection, Burger King, The Loft, Tex Mex, and many other places as well.

Lindsey

USI is a small University that is perfect for students who want the whole college experience but with a small community atmosphere.

University of Southern Indiana has really helped me to grow as a person and student. With the university being small, it has helped me to adjust to living on my own without getting overwhelmed like most do at bigger schools. Students are USI are often encouraged to join groups and organizations which pushed me to do the same and has allowed me to meet several students. There are also several areas on campus that are run by students who are there to help others with classes and homework. These have helped me a lot with my classes and have also pushed me to do better in them because I know that if I get lost in a class there are several options I can choose from to get help. The size of the campus is perfect for me because I can get to know my professors and classmates. This makes it easier for me to feel comfortable asking professors questions and to form study groups amoung my classmates.

The best thing about University of Southern Indiana is that the school is smaller so it is not as overwhelming as many of the bigger Universities. The class sizes are smaller which allows students to develop a closer relationship with professors. The campus is also small which makes it easy for students to get to their classes. Compared to most universities, the dorm rooms are also larger with each room having two bathrooms and a common room. Students will also find that the advisors are also helpful.

Verdell

My college experience has allowed me the opportunity to further my education as an on line student. My instructors are absolutely wonderful and my co-students are the most supportive group of people imaginable. The program was a little confusing when I first started, but now that my instructors have explained how the program works, my classes are easier to follow. Hard work, yes, uncloudy thoughts, yes, self motivation, yes, but I know that the end result will be worth it. Have a Blessed Day...

Kelli

Art is my life. Honestly, it took me awhile after high school to decide what occupation I wanted to pursue that would impact people?s lives positively. All I wanted to do was art. One day I realized that being an art teacher was what I would be destined to be. Knowing that I will be able to spark creativity in children?s minds for the rest of my life is just amazing to think about. I?m so proud of myself for returning to college to get a degree that I am so passionate about. I?m one year into school at the moment, and I am having an amazing time. My GPA last semester was not what I wanted to be. I never realized that going back to school would be such a hard transition. With a year under my belt, I?m ready to do the best I can! I did very well last semester. Being passionate and doing the best I can is what college is about. I?m having fun, and can?t wait to be an art teacher one day.

I, honestly, like everything about USI.

The matching of advisorts would be the only frustrating part about USI at the moment.

Ryann

It's peaceful, beautiful, the professors expect a lot but in the end it will be worth all the hard work.

I have made more friends, and have realized that it will take a lot of hard work to acceive my carrer goals. I think that if I put my mind to it, I will be able to succeed. If I went to a larger school, I doubt that I would be able to accomplish much of anything because I don't do well as being just a number or just another person. With the friend aspect, I believe that these people are people I can depend on at any time, and are people I will talk to for the rest of my life. Already, we help each other in anyway that we can and even though we have our differences, we don't let them get between us. We may be just another group of crazy college kids, but we have fun and watch out for each other.

People who don't like to work hard, who want to go to a big school where they will be just another face in the crowd.

University of Southern Indiana administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.