Evansville, IN
University of Southern Indiana

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Southern Indiana

Aaron

My school is unique because of the way the campus is laid out. The campus is in a nice central location. It is laid out in a circle so it is extremely student friendly for walkting between buildings for classes. Other colleges were spread out and students had long walks but this one is different.

My college experience so far has provided me with a definition of who I am. Before I came to college I was just a student, but here I am a student athlete, treasurer in a fraternity, and active person on campus. It has been valuable to attend because of the experiences that I have been through were life changing. Joining a fraternity, athletic team, and clubs on campus have provided stepping stones in my life to were I want to be. The value of attending college is far more than the tuition and fees that it cost.

The type of person that should not attend this school is someone who does not want to work for his degree or be apart of campus. This college is known for its business program and to get a degree from this college is a honor. Also a student should not come here if he does not want to be active in the campus community. There is a wide range of activities offered and many people take advantage of them.

Attending Jefferson Davis Community College has been extremely valuabe to my life. Going to a small college is so rewarding to your educational experience and teacher/student relationships are much easier to develop. When I began going to college at Jefferson Davis, I was unsure of what direction my life was going in, I was a waitress at a restaurant in my hometown and did not have much confidence of being able to afford to go back to college. A friend of mine heard that there were art scholarships that were available to students, I applied, and succeded. Recieving a hands on, small classroom education helped me to really have the confidence that i was looking for in life. I began to thrive to learn more on every subject. One of my favorite classess was Ethics, my instructor was amazing and really made the class exciting and made learning a journey and not something that should be of dread. My life has completely turned around since I started Jefferson Davis; I am now employed at a printing company and love my job, also I started teaching a homeschool art class. Attending Jefferson Davis really enstilled the confidence that I needed.

I really don't know what USI is know for. They have many great programs and offer various degrees.

My college experience has helped me to open up and be more out going. I moved to a small town my freshman year of highschool and hard a hard time making friends and getting involved. So now that I am in college it helped me to come out of my shell and meet people. I even joined a sorority and love all my new sisters and friends. Going to college has been valuable because I will have the tools to enter the career field with the knowlegde that I need to make it on my own. Whether or no i finish school I have gained a new perspecitive on life and just the world outside of high school. College has helped me to get to know myself better.

My school is always growing and always getting bigger. You have the small town feel but larger college experience. The school is close enough for those students who don't have the money to stay at home and those who want to live on or off campus to do so.

I think that USI is known for it Health and Profession Building. USI has a very good nursing and dental program.

If I could go back in time, I really do not know what I would tell myself. While I was a senior in high school, I also took college classes. I would probably tell myself to study harder and take homework more seriously than I did in high school.

I wish I would have known about the cost of tuition.

Steve

USI is the biggest college in southwest Indiana and a favorite for students living in the Evansville area.

If I could go back in time to my high school days and tell myself a thing or two. First, I would tell myself not to drop out of high school. Although, I was able to go back and complete my courses to get my diploma, it was really hard. I also would tell myself to take the time to enjoy things, like spending time with family and friends. Second, I would tell myself to start acting more like a teenager instead of an adult, but having to deal with alcoholic parents and growing up gay doesn?t help. I just wish I had done things a lot differently.

For me, would have to be the drive. The Lloyd Expressway is a nightmare and worse when construction is going on, like at the present time.

Kara

Kara, College is going to be rough. It is not all about partying and being on your own. To get into a great college that will get you job interviews should be one of the most important goals to you. Therefore, you need to focus on your school work and apply for scholarships. In addition to looking for scholarships, you should start practicing good ways to manage your time. Being in college, a lot of students struggle with money, that is why I advise you to apply for as many scholarships and grants as you can. Also over the summer, you may want to work so you can have a little extra money for emergencies. Please make the right decisions and goodluck with everything!

University of Southern Indiana is ranked number three in the schools of nursing. Therefore, it is very competitive in the required classes to get into the program. Being ranked number three is only one of the reasons I came to this school. I love how small the campus is and how the classes are small enough that you can get the help you need from your professors without having to wait for a long time for your question to be answered.

The University of Southern Indiana is not one of the most popular schools so therefore people think that its very easy to get into. I brag mostly about the nursing program being ranked number three in the state. I also brag about the fact that we have a beautiful campus and lovely rooms.

Neil

If I could go back in time, a whole eight months, the advice I would give myself would be none at all. I say none at all because if I were to go back and tell myself to do things differently then I would NOT be the person I am today. A great example of this would be when I entered the Berry Plastics Pizza Box Competition through USI. When I entered I was teamed up with three others. What we had to do was come up with a new plastic pizza box and write a business plan of how to implement this new segment of their company. Easier said then done. Throughout the two month competition two members dropped out straining my partner and I to have more responsibilities. We were able to gain two different members but again one dropped out. We ended up losing the competition by only one point to a team who stayed together the entire contest. But what I learned over these two months was three things, people work differently, teams who work together are the ones who will come out first, and growth is made by learning from your mistakes.

I would consider the best thing about the University of Southern Indiana is that everyone from other students to faculty all show true southern hospitality. Everyone around campus is here to help. Even for the smallest things such as one day when I was bringing in a huge load of groceries in the dorm another student, I had no clue was, held the door open so I could walk in. To staff member, I barely know, taking her time to help find me an internship when her job had nothing to do with career services. I greatly appreciate everyone here!

I brag about that our school probably shows the best southern hospitality out of any other even though we aren't really considered to be in the South. This is even shown when pontential Freshmen are taking a tour of the campus which is on a specific day called Southern Hospitality Day!

alicia

As a college freshman, half way through my first year, if I could go back in time and talk to myself, I would have given the advice of learning better study skills in advance, practice being more outgoing, learn to just relax and not constantly worry about home. I would give the advice of being more outgoing, because as a first semester freshman without having the skills to open up and meet people, it was harder to make friends rather then acquaintances. I would tell myself to develope better study skills because, it was difficult to adapt to studying the longer hours than I was used to in high school. Last, but not least, I would advise myself to worry less, mostly because worrying about home more then necessary makes it more difficult to get out and enjoy college life.

Compared to the other schools I considered, USI is farther from my home town, and is a smaller school. I was looking for a school that would feel a little more like home, and I believe that I made the right choice in coming to the University of Southern Indiana.

I wish I would have know that the drive between school and my hometown would be so long. I also wish that I would have known that I should have learned better study habits. Though this did not affect my GPA or grades it would have made my first semester a little easier, had I been more prepared for the studying that is necessary.

Holly

Alot of them are commuter students and aren't really interested in socializing. They all tend to keep to themselves.

The way the housing is... Housing is very good and clean hear. They try very hard to make you feel comfortable here.

Don't listen to anybody else. If it feels right for you, go for it. You can bring your friends.

University of Southern Indiana administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.