Evansville, IN
University of Southern Indiana

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Southern Indiana

It's a small school and not as crowded also has a decent art program.

It's a small school and not as crowded also has a decent art program.

To get into the practice of balancing a social life and homework.

The graphic design program being one of the best in the state.

Cassie

the health professions fields and business fields

the health professions fields and business fields

I wish someone would have told me the little things. Such as good places to eat, how long it takes to walk to class, that getting involved is a must, and you have to make friends within the first couple weeks or school will not be fun, partying can only be done on the weekends in order to be successful, what sort of personal belongings to bring (such as a lamp, tv, vcr and dvd player, a selving unit, fridge and organization units), and what sort of personal belongings to leave at home (such as any extrememly expensive or extremely valuable). I wish someone would have told me it's ok to not study all the time, and you can only study so much before a test. I wish someone would have told me to not spend so much time with your boyfriend because if you make him your everything and something happens then you have nothing left. College is great and I love it, but I wish someone would have told me the small things. However, it was an adventure figuring things out for my self.

some one that likes the small town enviormnment. many people that attend here like to go home alot. the southern hospitality is wonderful so this campus makes you feel right at home. im from a small town and i love this school, its the perfect size

Chase

My school is good fit for middle class students.

My school is good fit for middle class students.

I would tell myself that take chances now because everything you know will soon change.

It is hard to be apart of a large social circle.

Makenzie

The University of Southern Indiana is known for it's nursing program, the college of business and being one of the cheapest schools around the southern Indiana area. Both areas of the school contain different opportunities to gain experience and create a jump start ones career. Highly trained professors teach all the classes and are more than happy to offer one on one time with anyone wanting a little extra help.

Find a school that you love. Going onto the campus of your choice for the first time the student should get a feeling that this campus is the perfect one for me. For parents, let the students choose their perfect campus, don't worry right away about it being too far or too expensive. Get an idea of what they are looking for and suggest schools closer to home and/or cheaper but still match the student's needs.

This school is great for anyone. There are so many different degrees and opportunites offered at the university. Anyone looking for a smaller school with smaller classes the University of Southern Indiana is perfect for them. The University of Southern Indiana is located just outside of the small town of Evansville, Indiana. Though I believe this school would be great for anyone people looking to jump start their career in a large city USI may not be for them.

Wesley

I have applied for this scholarship before and my advice for parents and students about this issue has changed a little. Since I last applied my outlook on USI has change greatly. When looking for a college to attend you should always look for a good academic program that meets your needs. You also want to make sure the environment is suitable for your personality. Do you have to get involved in many different programs, do you enjoy partying regularly, does the college have to be large or can it be a small campus? You must look at rules and regulations for living on campus. Is it too far or far enough away from home? A number of things are involved in choosing the right school. The best advice I can give is to look at all the different issues you are facing when choosing the right school and weigh your options. The school that comes out the heaviest, GO FOR IT! Go into it with a enthusiastic mindset and ready to jump into gear! look forward to experiencing and enjoying any school you choose!

The worst about thing USI is that there is not always a lot of activity during the weekends. Since I dont like to party I'll hang out sedentarily with my like minded friends. The easiest way for lots of people to have fun on or off campus during the weekend is to drink alcohol, however there is other options for people like me(intramurals, on campus movies, games, the town of evansville, shopping, etc.).

There are a number of different kinds of people that should attend USI. My school is very diverse. Chinese, african american, white, and many other ethnical groups. Along with ethnitcity there is quite a diversity in interests as well. You'll fit in practically anywhere, in a greek life or not, study-aholic or slide by-er... doesn't matter. I think there is something here for everyone.

Mark

Choose wisely, make sure you contact the students that are actually on campus and not just the administrators... the students will give the most accurate and down-to-earth explaination to any questions you may have about the campus, instead of the administrator's watered-down flowerly information.

I usually tell them how many cool people there are on campus and how easy it is to make friends.

Christina

USI is a great school in a fantastic Community, the class sizes are great for a person who likes mediium sized classes about 27 people per class. It is a fun place to learn and develop friendships.

I think that to make the right decision it is important to visit the campus, and sit in on a class. You should also research online and talk to students going to that University. Make sure your choice fits your personality. If you are a shy modest, person who doesn't like crowds, don't pick a big school. If you like a lot of people, and huslte and bustle, then choose a bigger school. When you visit a school you should get the feeling of "This is right for me." Be sure to visit more than one campus, then you will know what is right for you.

Anyone who wants to make friends and have fun while recieving a quality education.

Reese

Its a smaller/newer school but it is growing. The University of Evansville is also in Evansville so it is a semi-college town, but both are small schools so it doesn't have that "college town" feel to it. Everything is very spread out.

Very very very diverse group of individuals. I can't imagine who would feel out of place here. Most USI students are from southern Indiana or Indianapolis or nearby Kentucky or Illinois.

USI is a newer school. It has only been around since the 60's. It doesn't have the historic feel that some may, but it has to start somewhere. The classes are more one on one which is very comfortable. I feel that the experience is what you make of it. People are very welcoming and there are many clubs and organizations to make you feel welcome. It is a large commuter campus, but they are working to reduce that. There are new buildings being built everyday and I cannot wait to see what USI is like 10, 20, 30, and 40 years from now!! I would highly recommend this school if you want to feel accepted and if you want to feel that your professors genuwinely care about you. I transferred from a big school and so I know the difference.

The fact that professors know you by name is so amazing. It is comfortable knowing that the money you are paying those professors is well deserved.

Student Gov and Intramurals are fun. Depending on your style, Greek Life is a big option. Aside from University events, a lot goes on off campus so having a car or having friends with cars is key. You are allowed to have your car on campus your freshman year though so that is a big plus.

It is a common stereotype that USI is referred to as "West Side High" due to the fact that it is a smaller school and some people from Evansville decide to go to USI. It is also a common stereotype that students go to USI because it is the only school they could get into. It is a stereotype that there is nothing to do and also that people there "do not know how to party."

Kylie

I would have to say that our school is best known for its size and friendliness.

My advice to parents and students about finding the right college is this: Always look at everything the school offers and ask yourself questions. Does it have activities you would like to get involved in? How much will it cost me? Are the people friendly? Does it have a major I would like and if I don?t know what my major is, will there be a way to help me decide? Is this campus accessible to other parts of the town or city it?s located in? Will I do well here, or just party all the time? What sports can I get involved in? These questions helped me when I chose which school I wanted to go to. It?s also a good thing to remember to not go to a school just because a friend, significant other, or family member wants you to go there. If you know that you?re not going to like a school, or that you won?t be happy there, then you won?t do as well as you could be if you had gone somewhere you really wanted to go.

How easy it is to live off campus if you so desire, and that financial aid can help.

University of Southern Indiana administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.