University of Southern Indiana

« See more reviews of University of Southern Indiana

USI is an excellent school. They are truly focused on your educational needs. Definitely attend a campus tour before you start at USI. Also, if you ever have any questions, never hesitate to ask anyone; everyone is very friendly and willing to answer your questions. Freshman year is a big adjustment, but it is a blast! If you live close, still pay the extra money to live on campus; it is worth every penny to experience the slow transition of moving out and living on your own. Living on campus was the best decision I have made!

Any individual that is not serious about his or her academic or professional career should not attend the University of Southern Indiana (USI). For example, the young students that choose to attend schools based on the amount of parties, drugs, alchol, or members of the opposite sex present are not likely to succeed USI. Likewise, any individual that could not demonstrate mutual respect toward members of other cultures, religions, race, or nationalities should not attend USI.

The type of person that should not attend this school is someone who does not want to work for his degree or be apart of campus. This college is known for its business program and to get a degree from this college is a honor. Also a student should not come here if he does not want to be active in the campus community. There is a wide range of activities offered and many people take advantage of them.

A person who likes living in big cities and having the party atmosphere around them all the time shouldn't attend USI. USI is a very laid-back, friendly, responsible student body. Something like 85% of students there say they drink 1 drinks or less at parties. Evansville is definitely very small town like and a person who thrives on night life and social networking in their city shouldn't go to USI.

People who are apathetic and unmotivated. Usi is very helpful but you must put forth the effort. No one holds your hand or does your work for you or reminds you about things to do. Your success depends on you. If you are struggling it is your responsibility to get help or ask your professor. Once you do they are more than willing to help but you have to take the first step.

There is no person that should not attend this school.I believe that there are classes and majors available for any type of person. The only type of person that might not enjoy this school is someone who loves constant hustle and bustle. This school is growing, but it is not yet a large, busy campus.

Any person who loves being in a big city would not like this campus. Also, anyone who expects a college with crazy parties seen in movies would be extremely let down.

Someone who wants to go to a school that is big enough to be able to meet new people everyday, but not so big that you get lost in the shuffle.

A person who doesnt want to be in a small classes or waht to get to know the teacher better and not want to attend any classes.

The person that is not willing to participate in class and do their homework outside of class should not attend this school.