University of Southern Indiana Top Questions

vanessa

I wish I hadn't been afraid to take a rigorous work load. I currently work 35 hours a week and take 18 credit hours and even though I am busy, it makes me feel better and more driven. I also wish that I had participated in several of the social events during the first week becasue I do now and it is tons of fun!

I wish I would have known that most of the students are from Evansville so the campus is very bare on the weekends.

Dakota

I wish that someone had told me about the unwillingness of faculty members to assist with any problems. Had i known of this issue I would have chosen another college because none of my friends from high school, who are attending college, have not mentioned any problems with issues that need the help of a professional.

I wish I would have known about the cost of tuition.

alicia

I wish I would have know that the drive between school and my hometown would be so long. I also wish that I would have known that I should have learned better study habits. Though this did not affect my GPA or grades it would have made my first semester a little easier, had I been more prepared for the studying that is necessary.

ajey

practical knowledge

I wish I had been better prepared for time management, and had had better studying skills.

That college is a lot more expensive then you think, and that trying to work to pay for your college and going to school is hard and you need to be strong and not to give up.

Kylie

How easy it is to live off campus if you so desire, and that financial aid can help.

Traci

that it was going to go by so fast

I dont know. I wish i would have studied a bit harder while i was here...and it would have been nice to have decided my major sooner.

I don't know. I live in this area and knew about the school already

brian

How helpful and friendly everyone is here. It is a lower tier school yet the professors are dedicated and capable in their fields.

Elianor

i wish i had known that i can join the fraternities.

MARY

I WISH I HAD BEEN BETTER PREPARED FOR WHAT I WANTED TO MAJOR IN. I FELT LOST WHEN IT CAME TO GETTING THE RIGHT CLASSES AND FELT THAT I HAD TO DO ALOT OF THE WORK MYSELF. I NEEDED A COURSE IN HOW TO PICK COURSES BEFORE I EVEN CAME TO COLLEGE.

I wish that I knew how much of a rip-off the on-campus housing is, compared to living off-campus.

I did my homework about USI, there weren't too many surprises.

Gary

Just how dry they meant by saying that its a dry campus.

I wish I would have know more about the different programs offered at USI. It was hard to choose a major.

I wish I were more financially responsible. This isnt something to do with this school in particular, just a general going off to college thing

Ayres

Prior to admittance at USI, I should have completed additional research regarding the major I initially declared in order to expedite my collegiate career. I think further research would have stimulated my exploration of other interests and academic major's offered at USI two years sooner.

Jasmyn

That there were not very many organizations for students to participate in.