University of Southern Indiana Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of Southern Indiana

Veronica

This was my first choice college, and since coming here, I have not regretted it once. The facilities are incredible and my professors are amazing, intelligent individuals who will go out of their way to help when needed. There are many clubs and organizations to join on campus and there are a lot of activities that you can find yourself doing.

I believe that the University of southern Indiana is very nice. It is very clean and it seems a lot like home. The university looks brand new, which it is the newest college. A lot of my friends go to the University and I would love to go there as well.

Caitlin

Deciding to attend the University of Southern Indiana is easily the most beneficial decision that I have ever made. I grew up in a small town my entire life and moving to college was a super scary and big step for me. However, the University of Southern Indiana has done wonders to my shy background and providing me with a comfortable environment and truly my new home. USI qualifies in every aspect of a 5 star school, but I can honestly say that what makes USI stand out above competing schools is that they actually care. I have never attended a place that radiates with such overwhelming support and encouragement, and that comes from both students AND the faculty. The University of Southern Indiana is definitely beautiful on the outside, but if you are given the opportunity of choosing this university, it will take no time at all for you to see how equally beautiful the university is on the inside as well. If you are torn between USI or a competing college I most definitely recommend that you join the University of Southern Indiana and our home away from home.

I cannot wait until this fall when I am there. I went on a visit and met a lot of people and had a blast. I am confident that my life on campus will be awesome the people there were so nice and considerate and answered all of my questions. I cant believe that I found the college where im going to feel the most at home. a wonderful university

Jana

It is a small school with lots of opportunities! It's the safest campus I have ever been to and really beautiful. There isn't too much to do on campus but with it being small it is easy to meet people and class sizes are perfect! I went to a bigger school, IUPUI, before transferring to USI so I have a great appreciation for smaller classes and professors who are not there for just research! Every member of USI has been kind to me and they take their students seriously. Amazing school!

Hunter

I will be the first to admit, USI was not my first choice, but now I wouldn't give it up for the world. I love the size of the school and all the opportunities it provides. When I cam here I knew three people, and now because of class, Greek life, and work I can say I have at least met nearly half of the campus, and that is such a great feeling. I am not going to say everyone is the nicest person ever, but my bad experiences with people could all be counted on less than one hand. The experiences one has here are ones they will remember forever. These are supposed to be the best four years of our lives, and this university is surely helping to make it four of the best in my life.

Samuel

University of Southern Indiana is a great school. It is in a rural type setting and not to crowded and very safe. I like it because it is close to home and all the people are very friendly. USI is also affordable for me and my family plus has a beautiful campus.

Sloan

The University of Southern Indiana is a fabulous school to attend! It is a university for students who are interested in learning and not so much partying. It is a somewhat smaller campus than surrounding universities but it gives off such a homey "small town" feel. The faculty and professors are great and strive to give individual attention to each student. The classes are typically not too large, resulting in great one on one time with teacher and student. The campus is beautiful with new and up to date buildings and facilities and great landscaping. The students are so very friendly and outgoing. I am proud to say that i attend this school and that I will soon be a graduate of the University of Southern Indiana in 2017!

Angelica

I love it! Everyone is so helpful, and its so beautiful!

I really love it here at University of Southern Indiana. I was a little worried when I was looking at colleges to attend, because I knew that I did not want a big college. The first time I came to USI I knew this was where I wanted to go to college. USI is a decently sized campus with a small town feel. I feel at home here and would recommend everyone at least to visit and see for yourselves.

Juan

USI is one of the best 20 Universities in the country even if it is not rank like one. Great and friendly teachers, very diversity, students are friendly and nice to others students and the size of the school is perfect because it has all kind of activities and sports that the students can do.

Abby

I personally love USI. I do wish the students were a bit more involved, but it's a campus that many students commute to so not many remain after school hours to attend events. It's what I personally need in terms of class size and offerings, so I'm a huge fan, but I can understand if students looking for a more engaging campus in terms of activities and activism may go to other schools.

Zachary

The University of Southern Indiana is a great school. I have been here since I graduated high school and have not even had the thought to switch schools. The professors are always available and helpful even on the weekends. The campus is beautiful and it isn't crowded. You can walk to any class on campus within 10 minutes or less. The tuition is very affordable compared to other schools and the housing options on or around campus are better than most campuses I've visited. I truly love the University of Southern Indiana and I am extremely happy that I made the choice to go here.

Tiray

its a great learning environment where its hands on learning

The University of Southern Indiana is a fantastic school overall. The faculty is very attentive and willing to listen to students issues and concerns. The campus has so many great resources including tutoring services and a counseling center. Everything about the campus makes the university feel like a home away from home.

Kaylee

My commute to campus is around an hour when I need to be there. I am currently taking my classes online because I am at work. I think USI needs more online class availability. More majors available as well. This would help me get my degree faster while also allowing me to continue my education and work at the same time.

Nguyen

I am a transfer student from Ivy Tech Community College Spring 2017. In general, I love USI and its friendly environment. I can see the students there are really in their studying and seriously want to get their degrees. I haven't join any clubs so far, but I will consider join some in the next couple day. I want to get used to the new environment and make sure my schedule is on top of everything else.

Aysiah

I love USI. The environment is so positive. Don't going to lie, I've had some interesting experiences on campus but always love returning back to campus. I remember my first day. I was terrified because I didn't know anyone, but I've never gotten so many smiles and happy faces walking across campus. I felt so at home. Go Screagles!

Constance

I really love it here. It is a nice small community where all students can get to know each other and participate in many activities. My teachers are very good at talking to students and making time to help them solve any problems that may come up. There may be inconveniences, but that will occur anywhere.

kayla

The University d Southern Indiana is a great school but the Administration does not care about tue students safety. There are many males on housing that do not know the word No and they get away with alot of sexuality advances towards the females.

Emiley

Overall, University of Southern Indiana is a great college. Very knowledgeable professors and faculty, small class sizes, and a relatively welcoming atmosphere.

Kaitlin

USI is a great university. It's a beautiful campus and just the right size for me. Everyone is welcoming and makes you feel safe and engaged in what is going on at the campus. The professors are there to help you better your education and want to see you succeed. Glad I chose this university as my home for the next four years.

Hali

I love the dorms at USI. The price isn't bad for all the resources you are given (free tutoring, access to the gym, free movies every week, bike rentals, etc.). Everyone is super friendly, and I have liked all of my professors so far. The class size is nice, and the campus isn't overwhelmingly big. My only complaint would be that there isn't much to do in Evansville, but I love the school.

Abigail

I am a Technical Theatre Arts Major (Your lovely drop down bar refuses to believe that my major exists) and it is absolutely amazing what I get to do in my area of study! The teachers are extremely available and even give you their personal contact information along with access to an active facebook page where members can ask questions or just chat. The school's campus is in the "goldilocks zone" where it's big enough that they have plenty to offer, but small enough that you get small class ratios and great relationships. I have visited a multitude of colleges and Universities but none can compare to USI!

Ashlyn

Overall, USI is an awesome campus where students come to advance their education and expand their knowledge. USI is a decent sized school-- not too big but not too small. It's the perfect opportunity to meet new classmates, yet still run into good friends. USI is a dry campus so most of the students are very driven to be successful, and there are minimal distractions because USI is not the party atmosphere. I was not sure about USI in the beginning, but now I wouldn't chose any other school!

Jhai'sa

I adore USI. It’s a positive environment and I’ve always felt welcome and there’s always something to do and there’s so many clubs and groups that’s it’s impossible not to make friends!! Everyone’s so friendly and it’s a great place to go to school.

BreAnn

I really enjoy and like every aspect of the campus, campus life, and the academics offered. The campus is large enough to not feel crowded, but not too large that students are not able to easily find their way around. with security on campus 24/7, and well lit areas, the campus feels pretty safe. The professors are extremely helpful and the classes are decent sizes.

James

I like the university, it has great opportunities for anyone and it has plenty of things for students to do. The academics are excellent and the professors also make themselves available to students at almost any time. The food on campus is great and barely anything is made with grease.

Jake

While not many people live on campus at USI, it is full of friendly faces who mostly commute from the nearby city of Evansville. I can almost guarantee that I will recognize someone when I am randomly walking around campus. In one year of commuting to USI to take dual-credit classes for high school, I have met lots of people. It is hard to find people who are not friendly at USI. The staff and professors all care about your academic endeavors and how you grow as a student. Overall, the University of Southern Indiana is a very comfortable and friendly school that anyone should consider if you enjoy a relationship with the students and professors.

Anika

It's very nice here. The teachers are all nice. The campus is gorgeous. It's a place that is relaxed and open. I'm an English Literature major getting a double minor in Marketing and Gender Studies. I've had classes in every building on campus. Other than the Potts College it's really easy to navigate. The Potts College is easy once get used to it, but it is difficult at the beginning. I've mostly had English, Marketing, and Psychology professors, but I've never had a prof that I haven't liked yet.

Theresa

Good! I've enjoyed most of my teachers. The staff when enrolling and dealing with financial aid has been difficult. They are always are in horrible moods. I dread having to deal with issues outside of my classes. Other then this, I appreciate the campus environment, the food, and the parking is great!

Shelly

A 250 lb. female student that looks like an alien could pop out of her abdomen at any second catches fries another student is throwing into her mouth. A woman lays asleep in a hammock outdoors while a cat licks barbecue sauce off her face. Is it the apocalypse? No. Is it hell? No.... It's the University of Southern Indiana. I love the fact that USI has only a 38% graduation rate and yet people keep paying them money even though they do not seem to intend to graduate. 38% is a lower graduation rate than most high schools in the United States. Really, does 38% sound like a well ran college? I love the fact that I can walk the campus of the University of Southern Indiana and see wildlife such as a feral raccoon or cat that would bite my finger off if I stuck it near the trash can it is eating out of. I love the fact that it is a short walk to any number of high fat fast food restaurants and high calorie sugary coffee shops on campus to drain even more cash from those students too lazy to make their own food. Some of the students are in the 250 pound range or higher, and I applaud that USI is one of the few colleges in the United States that requires students pass a gym class to make certain that they survive to the end of their degree. A real gold mine, I love the fact that these kids keep paying out ridiculous amounts of fees and money when we never teach them much that they can use to obtain work. I love the fact that soon I will have bought my first Bentley from my work at the University of Southern Indiana. I love the fact that some of the students are able to find work as exotic dancers at night in Evansville, Indiana so they can afford to pay all the additional fees we charge for attendance. A gold mine for administrators, I love that you will see more fees added to your bill than almost anywhere else you could otherwise attend in Indiana. They have a services fee, counseling fee, $130 parking fee, $100 activity fee, extra fees for online courses, extra fees for graduate school courses.... I love that the University of Southern Indiana appears to be a business model which siphons money from students in order to fund salaries. Only a percentage of their students are employed in their field of study unless the 38% that graduate continue onward with more education. US News currently ranks the University of Southern Indiana as "Below #126" in Midwestern Regional Colleges for 2018, the lowest ranking possible. However.... USI does have respectable Undergraduate Health Care programs, Business School, Civil Engineering School and Radio Station and for that I give them 2 1/2 stars for being half of a college.

Bryce

My overall opinion of the University of Southern Indiana is absolutely amazing. I love my university with everything in me, and I absolutely love my campus. We have a beautiful campus, and it honestly feels like a community. It is not a small campus by any means, but I know so many people and I constantly feel at home here. The professors are all willing to help students achieve their goals and the food on campus is great. I am proud to be a Screagle.

The class sizes in my program (exercise science) were perfect. The campus culture is very diverse and you can make friends with anyone easily. Basketball is the main school sport. There is a lot of school spirit on campus. It is also very much a commuter school, though many students are from all over the state and some from elsewhere as well. The campus is kinda far from anything in town so you'd need a car, know someone with a car, or take public transit to get anywhere in town. The campus is small and homey.

JADA

It is a very nice campus with lots to offer. Teachers are nice and students are friendly. I don't live on campus but many of my friends do and they like it. Students have lots of opportunities to socialize and I've made some new friends. I am a first semester freshman and I am happy with my college choice.