Portland, ME
University of Southern Maine

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Southern Maine

Andrew

The classes and faculty are designed for accreditation which is important for my Board exams; and getting professional employment. The college is friendly and always hopping with activity. I plan to get my Bachelors and go onto get my Masters which is an exciting possibility for a man of my age (67). I would recommend this University to anyone seeking higher education and a boost in life.

PDG

USM is easy to navigate and its diversity creates an ambiance of exchange. During my first semester here I was already able to participate in most of the programs, clubs and the student body. USM also encourages its students to have their own initiatives and have effective summits that foster leadership.

Kyle

Its a small campus with lots of opportunity. The community is great and the friends I made are awesome. Though the housing could be a little better. A lot of at least my dorm building needs to be upgraded considering its 100 years old. The food is ok and the choices are ok. I wish the food hall was open later than 7. Considering that I get out of class at 7.

Lucas
Southern Maine

Southern Maine

Its a state school. Your first year is mostly about drinking and partying and going to class occasionally. The level of intelligence isn't very high but you will find people you click with. The food isn't great but once you are past your first two years you are more likely to be in the Portland area which is great. Very cool town that's great for young crowd with great bars and a good nightlife.

Jacob

My classmates are some of the most accepting, funny, and fun-loving people I've ever come to know.

After knowing what I now know about college, I would make sure to stress how important it is to be fearless and to follow your heart. Thoroughout high school, I battled with myself whether or not to persue a degree in Theatre. Never ceasing to amaze me, I have been doing theatre since I was ten. I would get butterflies in my stomach before every performance; I would tear up just thinking about performing for the rest of my life. Theatre runs through my veins, and without it I would be nothing, it made me who I am today. Along with following my heart, I would advise my younger self to be fearless. Go out and make friends, be yourself and do not let prejudices stop you from making friends. I have made some of the most amazing friends here at college, and it was because I stopped caring what other people thought; I let all the dos and do nots of high school go. College is a lot different from high school, that's just one more thing I would stress to my younger self. There is not anyone telling you how to act, or what to do.

Saadia

Its convienient to all students.The teachers are great.Its a nice community school.

Its not too big or too small it perfect.

Molly-Joy

I really enjoy the community at USM. Everyone is so welcoming from the Gorham campus to Portland the people are so nice and its really starting to feel like home. If it wasn't for the helpfulness and generosity of the school I wouldn't of been able to attend a four year college. I'm very thankful for the friendliness I have recieved.

We have a program for everyone! You can find nearly every degree in the book at our school, and the success rates are amazing. I feel like anyone could do well here, with the right ambission and a drive to succeed you could definitely live your dream at USM.

Rachelle

I didn't really have to consider any other schools because I wanted a quality education and be able to afford it since I'm paying for it all myself. This school seems to have good review from those I've talked too and I am able to afford to send myself there.

To do exatly what I've done now. I spent two years working in the medical field stright out of high school and through that experience I've found something I'm passinate enough about to dedicate my life to it. I'd tell myself to continue to be money-wise and to make the same decisions that I've made to place me exactly where I am.

The fact that its a quality state university and that its affordable. The teachers that I've met have all been really nice and they have very nice facilities. Also the actor Tony Shalhoub graduated from the University of Southern Maine, so thats always something to brag about.

Jazmin

USM is supportive, understanding and wants it's students to succeed.

USM is supportive, understanding and wants it's students to succeed.

If I could go back in time I would tell myself that during my high school career to take a learning disability evaluation, instead of needlessly struggling. During that time I was far too proud, stubborn and worried about my reputation that to be classified as "disabled" and receiving the support I needed.

The worst thing about USM are the residence halls; they are based on the satellite campus in Gorham and students are prevented experiencing life and becoming cultured. Although it is indeed safe, there is absolutely nothing to do in Gorham,Maine; unlike the fascinating and fun activities that are available in Portland, Maine.

University of Southern Maine administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.