Hattiesburg, MS
University of Southern Mississippi

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Southern Mississippi

shanjerrica

USM is absolutely the best school for me when it comes to pursuing my career in being a pediatrician.

During this college experience i have learned the values of life as a student. There was many things, such as studying on time and preventing procrastination, I didn't know as a high school student that I know now as a college student. Being in college have taught me to be more social in my life which is a good thing because once I pursue my career in becoming a great pediatrician, being able to communicate well with my patients is a must. Also while attending college I have had the opportunity to voice my opinions on certain subjects such as who should be the next student body presidents and why. Choosing college was the best choice I have made in my life so far. I would have never thought that I would be the one being open minded with peers who are pursuing the same careers and lifetime opportunities as I am. Education is the key to success and failure is not one of my options!

Everyone pursuing their careers through education should have the opportunity to attend USM. However, a person pursuing in finance careers should probably consider nother college because USM is a certified science based college which means that a person would be more sucessful pursuing a science career in health rather than a career in accounting.

Andrea

Out of my college experience I have made new friends and learned how to manage my time wisely. I have also learned more then I knew before from other people and on my own. I have accomplished more then I have before and going to college helps me be prepared for what is ahead in the future and for my to be ready to live on my own.

Douglas

I would probably say that if you aren't going to have a goal, take basic courses that can apply towards any degree. That is exactly what I did and it will only take me one extra year to get my B.A. in Political Science. Now I have the goal to apply for Law school.

I wish I had known how great the professors are and how interested they are in the students' success. I would have attended this school my entire college career.

A person not interested in the curriculum here should not attend this school, however, the school offers so many undergraduate programs, it would be very hard not to find your particular interest(s) here. Possibly a student who is planning to attend a major based college like MIT would not be interested in this college.

Relda

The University of Southern Miss is best known for its research, education and the Golden Eagles!

I would tell myself to enroll in a community college, strive for that 4.0, get that transfer scholarship, and then go to the University of Southern Mississippi, finish your degree in Special Education, and continue to strive for that 4.0, but don't wait so long to do it. Lastly, enjoy the experience while you are there.

The cost of a parking permit and the distance between parking and classes.

Martha

My classmates are fun, energetic, focused, helpful, and always wanting to your friend.

The gender of people. Everyone is so kind and helpful and its a great place in the South to be at.

I would know that I would need to stay focused, study hard, and be ready to learn things that I will need to for my career.

Nathan

The Polymer Science Department

The Polymer Science Department

I would tell myself to study harder and obtain a higher GPA so that I could be accepted into HonorSocieties and receive significantly greater monatary assistance on a consistent basis. I would study and learn math much more efficiently than I did the first go round and tell myself that everything is not just a joke, but instead that ,"for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction," Sir. Isaac Newton

Anyone, its a great school, with very good programs. If the person is willing to learn and work hard, then they can attend and do well.

Kathleen

I would tell myself to be prepared for the responsibility of living on your own and maintaining a balance between academics, social life, and overall health. I would tell myself to really listen to and appreciate advice given about organization, time management, networking, determination, and focus. I would tell myself to not be afraid of asking questions and seeking help from professors, friends, tutors, advisors, and mentors. Failure to ask questions can result in getting behind in your studies which creates a dominoe effect as the difficulty level of your studies increases. I would tell myself that while it is okay to enjoy some relaxation time or social time, do not let it occupy your entire day. Time is precious, and you never realize how quickly time disappears until you are juggling work, school, health, extracurricular obligations, and friends all at the same time. I would stress to myself how easy it can be to get stuck in a poor routine of procrastination and laziness and how important it is to seek outside help and motivation if this happens. Utilizing all of your resources is very important. Happiness lies in organization, balance, and doing the best that I possibly can.

After graduating high school, I was excited to attend a college away from home where I would be more independent and free to make my own decisions. However, I wish I had fully understood that with freedom comes much more responsibility. I wish I had known that complete organization both academic and personal is required for a successful academic career. I wish I had known and understood that organization is the key to getting enough sleep, avoiding procrastination and falling behind, and overall happiness. I always heard about the importance of organization, but I never fully appreciated it until now.

A person that attends this school should be able to maintain a good balance between a social life and an academic life. A person that attends this school should be determined and able to focus on their studies. However, a person who attends this school should also be able to manage their time and leave time available for participating in social events and/or clubs. A person who attends this school should be open to new ideas, experiences, and people. He or she should be willing to learn from mistakes and accept advice and help willingly.

Christy

My school is challenging and tough, but it is a great place to learn.

My school is challenging and tough, but it is a great place to learn.

If I could go back to myself as a senior and tell myself anything, I would probably have to tell myself to learn a way to study. I never had to study in high school because it all just came naturally to me and now in college, I don't know how to do it and it's a hard transition. I would also tell myself to learn to be more outgoing and to get ready to meet new people. I would tell myself that there are going to be new people out there and I need to get to know more people and make friends.

The best thing about my school is that even though its a pretty big school, the buildings and classes are easy to find. Also, the classes are taught well and the teachers work to get the material across to the students.

Jonathan

I would definately prepare better for college by taking more math, science, and english because no matter your major you have to do well in those coures. I would also stay in regular contact with someone at the university I want to attend so that they can guide you in the career path you want to follow.

Every professor I have ever had is more than willing to help you succeed. This is great because it gives you that relief knowing you can ask questions to clarify things.

We are the Gulf South Regions best research instiution, and we have an amazing geography department.

Aubree

My classmates are diverse, inquisitive, competetive, compelling, caring, humorous, and hard working; they are typical college students, however, they feed off of the atmosphere are successful in every challenge presented to them.

I would tell my self to go ahead and jump into university life. Do not settle for a junior college because you need to challenge your self, not be complacent. Life is about risks. If they weren't so frightening, more people would take them. Who know's where our world would be today if more people took risks. I would also tell myself to not choose your major course of study based on your passions, or you will learn to hate what you once loved. Choose a course of study based on what academic class you most enjoyed in high school. It's perfectly fine if you decide to change your major.Especially if you were going to double major anyway, and the instructor of your second interest leads you to their field. The last thing I would tell myself is to keep being the teacher's pet. Instructors make valuable mentors and can help you in your studies later on. Don't worry about being called the teacher's pet because you are at college for you, and you need to make sure you are using all of your resources to the fullest extent possible.

The University of Southern Mississippi holds students from all over the world. The only person who should not attend this university is one who is unwilling to learn about himself or herself or one who is close-minded. If this person remains close-minded then he or she will miss out on the great instructors, students, and atmosphere this University has to offer and will be unable to produce the changes necessary to our society.

University of Southern Mississippi administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.