Hattiesburg, MS
University of Southern Mississippi

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Southern Mississippi

Marlie

I love my school! The teachers are great and seem to really care about how well we do and making sure we learn the knowledge needed to get jobs right out of school. They are always there in some form or fashion to help us when we have questions. My fellow classmates are pretty great, themselves. I am enjoying making so many new friends and the opportunity that USM is giving me to connect and learn in this wonderful community! The only downfall for me would have to be the parking issue but that is gradually getting better. I suppose they are doing something right with how fast they are growing! SOUTHERN MISS TTT!

Throughout the three months I have attended the University of Southern Mississippi (USM), I have loved everything about it! The professors are very challenging; however, they are willing to help you understand and learn. There are so many extracurricular activities that students can be involved in. By attending USM I have learned many things about myself and developed better relationships with people. USM has become my second home!

Sierra

It is a very well, safe, fun school. I highly recommend coming, I do so ever recommend staying else where than in the dorms, because there is always something wrong, like this week the water turned yellow with a foul color and its been like that for a week.

Jasmin

Southern Mississppi is an overall great school. There is always a friendly face around campus and a lot of school spirit from the students, teachers, and staff. It is an amazing environment to be in where academics come first, but there is always time for involvement and making new friends.

Anyone with a drive to succeed! The staff at Southern Miss truly cares about their students. There are always opportunities to better yourself and get a leg up against students who are doing college just because they have to. Southern Miss really fosters the creative and driven students.

Victoria
How I Feel About Southern MS

How I Feel About Southern MS

USM is an involvement school. If your not involved in Greek Life, or a member of any team, there's really nothing for you to do. Sure we have different departments that focus on literally every thing you can think of but really that's all a show. After all, we need to obtain the image of a college.

b
Maintenance Stole My Shower Curtain !

Maintenance Stole My Shower Curtain !

Maintenance came into my room on mandatory cleaning day and stole my shower curtain from my dorm. When I called the next day to inquire about it, I was informed that it was not their responsibility and that I'd have to just get another.

Kirby

Southern Miss is a wonderful place to attend college. So many opportunities await students!

It is okay to take a break from hard science classes.

Lakeland

If I could go back and talk to myself as a senior, I would tell myself to treasure the moments with my family and friends. Try to spend every moment you can with them. It is hard leaving home for the first time and moving eight hours from anyone you know, but it is possible and you will meet new people who you will call your best friends, and you will make a little family who loves you as much as your blood family does. I would also tell myself to apply for every scholarship I can. I would tell myself to write "open when" letters to my sisters and my parents that they can read when they miss me. Jobs are important and getting one the summer between graduation and moving day will help you save up some extra cash for when you want to go get Taco Bell at 2:45 in the morning. The most important advice I would give myself though is to follow your dreams. Chase after them with your entire soul, catch them ,and discover everything the future has to offer your beautiful mind.

The school and all the faculty and students are amazing. Everyone is willing to give their all and help others, and it's a good environment to be in. I wish I had known more about the weather around Hattiesburg. I didn't realize it got super cold, and I wasn't prepared with the clothing that I brought with me. I also wish I had known about more scholarships.

I wouldn't say that there is anything super frustrating about this school. It's really great, but one thing that I dont like is when I am late to class and people are trying to stop and talk to me.

My advice to myself would have been to put in that extra effort to get higher grades in order to be able to get on scholarship and be apart of the Honors College on campus. Also I would have told myself to develop stronger study habits because even thought I didn't really need to use them while in high school, in college they are a must and it is very benefical when that habit is already in place.

The worst I would say is the amount of interesting activities on and off campus. Everything that would be fun to attend its very expensive. Also everything closes very early around especially one the weekeds. I want the full college experience but I am cursed with the curfews and social restrictions that Mississippi has to offer. There isn't much of a nightlife in Hattiesburg or anywhere in Mississippi. So I believe that the campus and surrounding areas are very dull and boring.

The intimacy of the campus is what I would brag about the most. The campus itself is kind of small, so it's not uncommon for me to run into people many times out of the day. Building relationships with memebers of the community is very easy to accomplish. Everyone could know your name very easily on this campus.

University of Southern Mississippi administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.