Hattiesburg, MS
University of Southern Mississippi

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Southern Mississippi

Dominique

Southern Miss University is an awesome school to attend. The unique thing about my school is they are very organized and care about your future. I have talked to some of my friends and they have told me that the schools they attend do not care about their well being and grades. Southern Miss will post your grades th next day, send you emails, and updates about things going on throughout the campus. I love Southern Miss, this have been my first choice of school before I graduated high school.

I would say to myself, get the best grades as possible while in high school, take the ACT test and score a great score, and stay in my books and stay focus. I would also, try to take classes at a community college while attending high shool that way I would have at least some credited classes out the way when I started college. Being what I know now I would try to work while in school, save enough money to pay for school that way I wouldn't have so many student loans to take out. Over the course of my years going to college I have changed my major three times. If i was in high school looking towards my future I would have found a major that I truley loved and stuck to it because i have lost a lot of credit classes from changing my major. I can say I have accomplished some of my goals but if I was to go back I would have done all these things to correct my mistakes.

The worst thing i would consider about my school is the tuition cost. It is very expensive and I barley can afford it. I receive financial aid but it dosent cover my books, gas money, food to eat, and other charges that I have left to pay for school, I have to pay out of pocket for all of these things. I struggle to make my payments but school is my priority and I am focused at that.

Mason

Southern Miss are well known for alot but the key things that come to mind is the foot ball team

My big advice would be use your time wisely. That being from sleep, studying, or even extra activities. That is the one thing you can't get back. It's cool to have fun, but you have to get it in your head that you are in the prime time of becoming an adult and every action you take from these day forward are going to be watched. Don't depend on anybody because at the end of the day people are going to go there own opposite way and do their own thing and you won't have nothing to fall back on. Take advantage of every opportunity you get no matter how big or small, because looking back at it, it was a reason it was presented to you

I don't have any regrets, but i have back flashes of things i would have done differently now that i've been through alot. The first of things was taking things for granted. I wish i would of taken my classes and free access to the resources that were given to me. I felt just because they were there, they always were goin to be and that i didnt have nothing to worry about. i made plenty of mistakes that could have easily been avoided. With that being said use every resource your given like it was the last.

LaToursha

We accept each other. We have forums to discuss beliefs, interests, trials, triumphs, etc. We support choice of life. We all get together a lot. It is up to the individual to speak to us about the things we do not see occurring to them. We never make a person tell about their problems, but we announce by flyers, over the intercoms in class, email, text, bulletins, etc. what meetings, support group, all types of outreach projects available, and more. You must believe in yourself and your ability to succeed in life We will stand beside you and help lift you up, but we cannot live for you.

Students are from all ages, backgrounds, and countries. We work together as a team. We stay involved with student life, our studies, communities, families, etc. We all look out for each other. Southern Miss is a family oriented school.

Virginia

My school, althought the classes are tough but needed, is very open to help guide you to be your own person along with helping you succeed!

Going back to my high school self, there are a few major things I would stress her to do. One being, volunteer more. Volunteering can help you with scholarships as well as help your well-being, but most importantly it gives back to your community. Another peice of advice would be to be kind to everyone and anyone because you never know what is going on in their life and your sincerity could save them more than you know. I would also let myself know that their are going to be times when you want to give up, but there are so many great things ahead that you DO NOT want to miss out on. The final piece of advice would be to be responsible and manage your time. It is better to have your stuff done than to wait until the last minute and pull an all nighter, which thankfully I have not had to do!

I believe the best thing about my school is how sincere and welcoming everyone is around campus. Each day I know I can smile at or help a random person because almost always they are very appreciative and return the favor! It is very easy to make friends, join study groups, and just enjoy the beautiful campus!

USM Gulf Park, located on the beautiful coast of Long Beach, MS, specializes in the nontraditional student by offering various degrees attainable through classes online, on campus, or at the main campus an hour away.

The University of Southern Mississippi offers an affordable accredited education. When comparing the University of Southern Mississippi to other schools, I found that most universities charge more for online classes. As of right now, this is not the case with the University of Southern Mississippi.

The funny thing about this question is that I seem to answer it everyday in my head. I am in my senior year, and I have already decided to start college in the summer so I can get on the list for Nursing school. The first thing that I would tell myself is to stop and think. Is this really what you want to do and will giving up the summer actually benefit you in the long run? The answer would be no. I would tell myself to start college in the fall without a major and that nursing school is what your mom and your aunt want but not you. Do not waste your time and money because in the end you will quit and wait 17 years to return. Now, you know that you love the medical field but think about what you can do that does not require you to do patient care. That is right there are other options that do not require patient care! So former younger self take the summer off, have fun, and think about your alternatives to nursing school. Oh, you found one, Public Health Administrion. It is only 17 years later.

Yoshayla

The people here are not very friendly. The classes are great though, minus a few. Its a nice campus despite the fact the Wi-Fi and showers are dysfunctional at times.

Stuck up Cliques Unwelcoming

Personally, I think that Southern Miss is a school for everyone. I think a person that does not want to get involved with activities, or join clubs and organizations should not attend the school.

I brag the most about the home like enviornment that you get while on campus. I love the small campus feel you get from the big university. Everyone is very friendly, the school spirit is insane! Southern Miss to the top!

Tavin

It's average and the center of medium town.

It's average and the center of medium town.

I have learned a lot from the time that I was a high school senior through serendipitous mistakes and hard fought success. If I could go back in time and give advice to myself, it would be an oratorical speech that would challenge great speakers like Winston Churchill, Abraham Lincoln, and Martin Luther King Jr. I believe that anyone would deliver a helpful and profound speech to themselves, in hopes of improving their future. Furthermore, I believe that I would advise myself on the same things anyone else would about the future obstacles, laughable mistakes, and personal victories that are made when transitioning into college. After giving my advice, there would be six key statements that i'd want the goofy high school kid to receive: 1) Tough times don’t last but tough people do. 2) Believe in yourself and stay encouraged. 3) Apply for more scholarships (CampusDiscovery.com). 4) Don’t change your major. 5) Volunteering is fun. 6) 09/04/2012 at 12 p.m. duck! (Joke on myself). In conclusion, traveling to the past to give myself advice about college would be very helpful but the inability is also what makes life fun and builds character.

I am not trying to be funny but there is nothing to really "brag".

Lea

If I could go back and talk to myself-without creating a major paradox-I would tell myself to try harder, that it gets better. Push it to the limit so you/I won't look back with so much regret and say, "I wish I had done that," or "I wish I had made more time for this. It could have been so much better."

University of Southern Mississippi administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.