University of St Thomas-Houston Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of St Thomas-Houston

Even though this is a Catholic university, you will still be a part of the UST family even if you do not identify with the religion. This campus is small but it has everything you will need to succeed in your classes and more. We have a tutoring center dedicated specifically to STEM subjects, recreational sports, faith-based clubs, a writing center and more. Our small class sizes make it easy to build more relationships with your peers and especially your professors.

Alaina

St Thomas is a great school. The friendly staff, small class sizes, and the college community are all a bonus. Living on campus makes you feel safe and at home. The city of Houston offers so much and the University of St Thomas is located right in the center.

Edrianna

UST is a fantastic school where the academics are a large focus in student life. The professors there are all supportive and there to guide students to their success. The student life is also great with many different opportunities to get involved in the various clubs and organizations. The university is a community where students form lasting friendships with each other.

Garmai

The school is a great school. The food is great and they offer varieties of food on campus. The staff are great. The touring services is amazing and very helpful. All my professor know me by my name. It is a very small school is the middle of Miami Gardens. Great financial aid packages.

Cynthia

The University of St. Thomas is a very great school. The academics and the professors are exceptional. The one thing that I do not like however is that we are required to take as core classes 3 classes of philosophy and 3 classes of theology. The food also is not the best.

Tay

I love the small class size and being able to get help from professors. However, the food is pretty bad on campus and some students can be very competitive to the point of being rude. Campus is small and cute. You don't have to walk to far to get from one class to another, and the new science building is amazing.

Elena

The University of St Thomas is a great school. From academics to student life, it has a lot to offer. Classes are small enough that the professors know all of their students and are able to offer personalized help. There are so many clubs and organizations to join, as well. No matter the field of study, sport, or ethnic group, there is a club for that. Plenty of leadership roles are available, too. The Student Government Association is a great way to get involved and make some visible changes on campus. Overall, the campus is beautiful, the classes are great, and the extra-curricular options are endless. It is a wonderful environment for personal and academic growth and development.

Lauryn G.

University of St. Thomas is extremely useful and unique with treating others kindly and also making sure everyone gets the same opportunities. There are a few things that could be changed such as deleting the open discussion of abortion and discrimination towards people of a different gender but other than that, it is a good school.

Jacklyne

I would say university of St Thomas is a great catholic private college. Their nursing program has a great retention program. The style of education I will be receiving is holistic and very patient based. I have heard of issues with finding off-campus housing and I don't know the on-campus living or campus food to really comment. The university overall is very wholesome school I feel proud of to be a part of as I make my next steps into nursing.

H

The University of St Thomas is a great school that seeks to enrich the lives of students with a liberal arts education. This campus is friendly, has a small student body, and offers many extracurricular activities and opportunities. This is an excellent choice if you are seeking a liberal arts education in Houston.

Jeimy

Coming in as a freshmen, it was difficult adjusting. The small tight knit community and the care of the professors towards their students definitely made it a much more easier adjustment. UST gives you rigorous courses, but also attentive professors. Everyone is extremely friendly and wiling to help when asked. Although the university is quite small, its organized space allows it to offer a variety of majors to choose from.

I transferred from a junior college to UST for my junior year. I am currently an athlete at the school but I enjoy the university overall. Both my professors and coaches are willing to work with each other to make sure that I do not miss out on either activity. The school is kind of pricey but the education that you receive is good.

Victoria

I think it is a beautiful school campus but it lacks in many areas. As a nursing student, Anatomy is very important but this school does not provide good Anatomy teachers. Quite a few teachers force Catholicism onto students (a teacher made a Muslim student pray as a Catholic during class) or bring up innapropriate subjects in class such as lingerie and feminine hygine products (in spanish class). The food makes many people sick due to the oil and the only other option is Subway, which never has enough bread. Aside from all of the flaws, the school offers an incredible amount of financial aid for students but I would still say the best part of the campus is the Nursing program and the abundance of Lizards on campus.

Jaylene

It is a beautiful campus. I've taken tours and learned a significant amount of history behind St. Thomas. It is a quaint area where everything a college student could need is within walking distance. Where there is intellectual conversation and debate in the plaza. I adore the fact that the classrooms are filled to the brim with students. The professors actually know their students and they aren't just numbers on an attendance sheet. There are multitudes of opportunities for travel, extracurriculars, tutoring, sports and participation.

Sophia

The University of St. Thomas has an open community where there is an open space where everyone is welcome with open arms. The teachers at the university were helpful and the academic is good. The university has a tutoring center for students who need help in the homework, essays, and study guides. The university teaches art at the Glassell School where is nearby the museum district. The sports at the university is fun with clubs that encourage people to join cultural, academics, sports, and entertainment.

Francesca

The University of St. Thomas is faith-based, which is a plus. There is one dining hall and they don't keep the most convenient hours. It is also expensive. The class section offerings are very limited, but the professors are easily accessible and mostly willing to meet and work with you. There is no night life.

Elidaisy

I am a student-athlete and the school treats us with great respect. The school’s athletic department is well organized and has one of the best athletic trainers I have ever met. Professors are very understanding and helpful. They explain their expectations thoroughly and syllabus are always up to date. Campus lifestyle could be better. There is not enough “hang out” spots on campus or restaurants. Yet, there is plenty to do around campus but a car is very useful. Facility is always clean and food is pretty bland. Campus has plenty of security and liable facility members. Sports is a big part of UST life and brings plenty of school spirit.

Sydney

I love UST for it's small atmosphere, and being able to know pretty much everyone. We have around 3,000 students so it is not that big at all. It is a Catholic liberal arts school, so we are required to take 3 Theology courses, 3 Philosophy, 3 English, 2 History, 1 Fine Arts. The core classes are what make me give the school 4/5. I love my school I do, but at the same time when I am taking intense nursing classes the last thing on my mind is taking a theology class or philosophy course. I recommend it to all my friends that are still in high school, because it is such a small, family like atmosphere. The nursing program is great — it's small but not too small that no one knows of it. I commute from about 45 minutes away, but everyone I know who lives on campus likes the on-campus housing. The last thing I have to say is that they do everything late a night — club meetings, BINGO, etc...

Take our Scholarship Match Quiz!