Saint Paul, MN
University of St Thomas-Saint Paul

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of St Thomas-Saint Paul

Nicholas

My classmates are very helpful and understanding.

My classmates are very helpful and understanding.

Developing discipline is crucial to your success as an adult. Your parents are there to make sure you make good decisions in high school, but in college you are on your own. It might be more fun to go out drinking with your friends on a Thursday night than it is to study for an exam, but making responsible decisions will bring success into your life. Your discipline needs to extend past your schoolwork; you also need to make good decisions for your health, fitness, and social life. Making these decisions will not only make your college experience less stressful, but it will also set you up for greater opportunities upon graduation.

Someone who cares strongly about their education but is open to new experiences and people.

Rebekah

Someone with a religious background who is serious about studying and cares about helping the University to become successful. St. Thomas is a great place for those who want to get involved with different clubs and events, because it offers a lot of opportunities to do so. St. Thomas also has small class sizes, so if that helps you to advance in your academics, I would highly recommend this University.

Go and visit more college university's. Don't just assume that a college is for you because you are comfortable with it, but truly go out and see what other campus's have to offer. Also, don't fall into the "senior slide" idea. You will regret that once you get to college and realize that if you ever start slacking off in your courses, you will quickly fall behind and it will be difficult to get caught up. Another important thing to remember is that once you get to college, nobody knows who you are. You have the chance to start over and make new friends. Don't waste this opportunity to meet people that you would never have met otherwise. It can be easy to look for people who you would normally find yourself with, but I challenge you to get outside of your comfort zone. Enjoy college, study hard, and manage your time well.

Morgan

Some advice that I would give myself as a high school senior would be to enjoy every moment and love everyone. At our high school, there were many cliques, so it made it difficult to be friends with everyone in our grade. I wish I could go back and fix this so there weren't so many because the more friends that you have in your life, the more connections you have. I know that it is difficult to stay close with friends from high school through college, but it is possible. As the saying goes, "You only live once," so appreciate each opportunity you are given. Attend every school event that you possibly can and enjoy the ride because one day you realize that these little things in life were really the big things.

The worst thing about my school is definitely cost. Although it you have more one-on-one interaction with your professors, the cost is quite higher than most schools around this area. However, our school offers most of their students with scholarships and financial aid, the final cost is still very high for me and many families.

What I brag about most to my friends about this school is how highly-ranked it is in regards to business majors. Although it is very expensive, I believe that it will certainly pay off in the end. The University of St. Thomas matches approximately 90% of students with jobs when they graduate. I hope to be a part of this percent in 2016 when I hope to walk and receive my diploma.

Erica

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself -do NOT take out a single student loan and to apply for as many scholarships and grants as possible., and to work to pay off the balance. -don't apply for any credit cards -eat healthy -don't buy college books from the bookstore, they're cheaper online -take summer classes to graduate a year earlier. -theater is fun but it doesn't pay the bills -and finally that life is hard but God is good.

Molly

A not to small, not to large private college that has a beautiful campus and wonderful atmosphere.

Dear self, There are so many things that I could tell you about how much fun college is, and all the good times you will have throughout your time here, the only hard part is getting adjusted. Believe me when I say that moving to a new place where you do not have any friends and do not know where anything is on campus can be kind of intimidating. My advice to you is to get yourself out there! The first few weeks of school can be hectic and intimidating, but that is the time to make friends and find yourself. Even when it gets hard, and you feel as though things are not working as they should, just know that in the end, everything will work out for the best and you will have the best times of your life and will make life long friends. College is a time to learn about yourself and to become the person you really want to be!

The worst thing about St. Thomas is probably the cost of the Univeristy and the housing. However; the shcool does do a good job of making the price more affordable if you work for it.

James

St. Thomas is most well known for its Business programs. There are many alumni working in the area so the connections coming out are fantastic.

Students who want to know their professors while also getting a good eductaion should attend the University of St. Thomas. Many students are interested in Business but there is a fast growing group of Engineering majors as well. Being a large institution, St. Thomas has the resources to accamodate almost any type of prospective student.

Laura

Do not change who you are. It is so important to be yourself. Try to push aside what others think of you and do not let that affect you, especially in a negative way. In college, you will meet new people. There will be people that do not like you, but there will also be those who will become your lifelong friends. Do not pretend to be anyone you are not. You are your own, specal, unique self. People will accept you just the way you are. And always remember, those who matter do not mind and those who mind do not matter. Be yourself!

The best thing about the University of St. Thomas is the faculty and staff. The professors are willing and able to go the extra mile to make sure that you succeed in everything you do. There is a writing center here that focuses on peer evaluation and help with writing papers, proofreading and conjuring up ideas. Everyone here is very friendly and they wish to see each person succeed!

If you are not willing to put in the time and effort, this school is probably not for you. St. Thomas requires a lot from their students which makes the success rates so high. Students have to push themselves to get things done and perform their tasks efficiently and effectively.

Raymond

Students who are not ready to sacrifice their finances in order to achieve their goals should not apply to St. Thomas due to its high tuition.

The school has an extensive network of alumni in the St. Paul/Minneapolis metro and provides its students with several internship and job opportunities. This is further aided by the career services at the school that helps in resume writing, job or internship searches and interview tips. The school also has several study abroad opportunities and nearly 90% of the graduating students can boast to have study abroad! These opportunities seemed far-fetched to me at first but after being at the school for a semester, I discovered all of these opportunities!

Molly

My classmates were good students who were also very social.

My classmates were good students who were also very social.

Looking back at my years at an undergraduate student, I would tell myself to make choices out of love, and not fear. I would say to live it up--enjoy freshman year more and do Semester at Sea and study abroad early on. It would have opened up social and globally-minded options sooner in my education. It's easy to hold on to high school, but to know yourself you have to let go and dive into the present moment with the people that are in the present moment with you. I would tell myself to speak up more in class, volunteer, try out a science major, do McNair scholars research and join intramurals. "You are capable, independent and free-spirited" are the words I'd say to myself, ending with "In the end, everything will be okay, if it's not okay, it's not the end." I would give a lot to re-do certain moments in college with more confidence and ease, to have taken a different twist on life, but the path I took brought me to graduate school where I have completely committed to my lifelong dream of becoming an environmental journalist.

If you are only looking to party in college, UST probably will not be the right fit. It has many study abroad, academic, and social options, but for students that are able to balance all areas of their lives in healthy ways. Focused students fit in best at UST.

University of St Thomas-Saint Paul administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.