Saint Paul, MN
University of St Thomas-Saint Paul

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of St Thomas-Saint Paul

Raymond

College is a life-changing moment where if anything goes wrong, my dreams will be shattered. It is not about being the smartest kid in class or the most popular kid at school but it places more emphasis on teamwork, leadership skills and volunteering. College does not discriminate against people based on their race, ethnic group, gender or sexual preference. Instead, it uses them as a platform to portray your true self to the real world and potential life changing opportunities. Finally, if there is any business venture you should invest in the future, college is the number one choice. Do not be scared about the heavy courseload or regret carrying huge loans. Consider it as an orientation about the world you are going to live in because when it is all over and you are exactly where you wished to be, your happiness will matter most.

The University of St. Thomas has many opportunies for students which I was unaware of while enrolling. They have a career center in which students are free to review their resumes, job application cover letters and scan through available careers and jobs. Also, the University values its student's wellness by providing free counseling for students who are psychologically ill. St. Thomas also has a child development center that provides help to students who are parents.

Any student from different ethnic backgrounds and religious affliations. The University offers study abroad programs in many countries as a way of creating diverse ideas on campus and so students who are interested in international studies and travelling would love St. Thomas. Students who are competitive in sports are encouraged to attend St. Thomas as we have won a conference-best 11 NCAA team championships in six different sports, and have had top-five NCAA team finishes in 18 different sports. For football lovers, our football coach was voted best coach of NCAA Division III football.

AJ

My classmates are generally very friendly; it is always easy to find friends and connections at the school, and as such, it has been an incredible transition for me.

The University of St. Thomas is best known for its business school and its education degrees.

I would tell myself to consider all possible avenues. For my freshman year of college, I attended St. John's University. In itself, it was a fine school, and through high school, I had never even considered attending another institution. This made it difficult to make the decision to transfer; I never felt connected to the campus in the way that I had expected. I would not tell my high school self to not attend St. John's because I definitely grew quite a bit through my experiences there. However, I would tell myself to not be so deadset on one path, to consider that there may be another way to make yourself happy. In conjunction with this, I would tell myself to not be so hesitant in making decisions, to be more decisive.

Haley

The only thing unique about St. Thomas in comparison to the other schools I considered is the amount of scholarships they awa...

The only thing unique about St. Thomas in comparison to the other schools I considered is the amount of scholarships they award.

They always say that hindsight is 20/20 and I have never believed that as much as I do now. Coming into college as a freshman was nerve wracking and wearisome. Looking back, I could have spared myself from a lot of worry if I knew one thing; that people do not care about me. As a freshman I was constantly worried about trying to fit in, if my peers were laughing at me behind my back and wondering about what others thought of me. I was acting like a normal teenager who was still uncomfortable in their own skin. It was not until I started my sophomore year that I had an epiphany. The truth is that no one actually cares about me or what I am doing. More often than not people are so consumed with thoughts of themselves and what they need to do that they cannot spare a passing thought for others. How liberating! If I had known this as a freshman I could have saved myself a lot of undue anxiety and stress and enjoyed my freshman experience. Now, free from my peer's nonexistent judgement I live life to the fullest.

I wish I had known that the campus was so "wet". People go drinking every night of the week. If you are underage, do not enjoy drinking or do not enjoy drunk people staggering around your dorm and vomitting outside your building you will not enjoy St. Thomas.

Anais

Be sure to learn about all the schools that offer the field of study that interest you. Search for scholarships and grants, sometimes loans are too expensive. Dont always go for the first school when there are many out there. Also research the field of study and be sure that the job duties is what interest you. Sometimes you like some of the duties you must complete and sometimes theres some you dont like. So before making any decisions really think about both the field in which you want to enhance your skills and how tuition is going to be paid off. The fardest you can be from a loan the better because you wont be bother day and night concerning about paying them back.

Alexander

Growing up in a single mother family and overcoming dyslexia, I learned early that hard work and perserverance will be necessary to accomplish my goals. The conversation with myself as a high school senior is as follows: Alex, set your goals and take simple steps to reach that goal! Make every minute count as your hard work now will make your future so much easier and attainable. Research your career choice and make sure that it is what you want passionately. If your career choice is nursing, then walk the hallways of a hospital, interview the administrator, your doctor and see if that is your passion. Learn and be aware of the values that has been instilled in you and think through how these values can be carried over to your career choice. Realize that your career goals are within your reach and to attain them it will take dedication, knowledge and most of all consistancy in spirit and focus. Thank you for your consideration, Alexander Newton"

Terry

To plain ahead about college, and the degree you want to obtain. Also to apply for scholarships early, and think ahead on your fafsa application. I would tell myself that college is not cheap even with financial aid, and to save up some money for it. Plus what college you chose is very important.

Ryan

College life is ten times more different then high school. It isn't about who you know or what clique you are apart of. The people you are not friends with or have any association with in high school will be seen about once every month when you pass by them in the local Target. Those people do not define you, you define you. Don't be afraid to come out as a homosexual just because no one else has. If they didn't bully you when you were in the closet but it was nearly obvious then they probably won't when you come out. In college, no one knows anyone; it is the first day of kindergarten. The only difference is that it is the first day everyday. I don’t even know the names of the people who sit next to me everyday and neither of us cares. You shouldn’t have been afraid to be you your last year of high school or any year before that. Your only purpose in life is to be you and it shouldn’t have taken thirteen plus years of education to learn that, it should have taken zero.

Taquita

If I had the opportunity to speak with myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to keep striving and keep pursuing my education no matter the circumstance. When I graduated from highschool I became so enthralled in adulthood and other frivolous things that I didn't focus on my college career like I should have. I would warn myself to not make the same mistake. I would tell myself to enjoy the process of entering into a new chapter of life. I would encourage myself to apply to all the schools that I could find and visit as many campuses as I could. I would also encourage myself to seek out as many scholarship opportunities as I could find to help with the financial burden of being a student. The most important lesson that I think I could teach myself as a highschool senior is to just have fun and enjoy it all. College is a big transistion in life and the road to success can be extra bumpy. However if you are prepared and go into it with an open mind and a brave heart, theres not much that can stop you from achieving your goals.

Annia

St. Thomas seems a little intimidating at first, but as you start taking classes and meeting new people, it becomes your second home and you dread the time when you have to go home.

Don't think getting good grades will be as easy as it was in high school. Even though you're going to have less classes, there's so much more work to do for each class. Forget about not paying attention in class; your grade depends on participation, too! Start using the internet less as of NOW. Even though it's necessary for most of your homework in college, it can become a huge distraction if you let it, so better start working on that addiction now. Stop procrascinating! I know everyone does it, but in college you have to know the importance of each assignment and much it weights into your final grade. Procrascination can get in the way of a good GPA.

The facilities at St. Thomas are amazing. The student center is the heart of campus life; because there's always something going on. With the bowling alley, the space with Wii consoles, air hockey, foosball, spa, cafeteria and other places to eat, the student center is the most desirable facility on campus. There's space to study, eat, relax and have fun. Everyone can find something to do there. Whenever my friends come to UST, they're astonished because their college campuses aren't as fancy-looking as St. Thomas facilities. They're definitely jealous.

Damon

St Thomas is an excellent school which believes that a strong core education is a great foundation for a degree of any type.

The greatest piece of advice I could give to myself would be "do not be intimidated by AP and CIS classes. You are smart enough to be in them and they are much more rewarding than regular classes." I always believed that these classes were filled with super-geniuses that never went outside or talked to anyone. It was not until my senior year that I finally took some and I was shocked. All of my friends had been in these kinds of classes since they were sophomores. I was much more comfortable in these classes and I walked away actually learning something (with a few college credits to show it). Regular high school classes do not prepare you for what comes in college. At times I was overwhelmed by the multiple hours of homework I would get in my AP classes, but this was only because I had never really had homework before. Now I do nearly eight hours of homework a day and still feel comfortable with it. It is because of AP and CIS courses that I am able to handle my workload in college now.

University of St Thomas-Saint Paul administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.