Saint Paul, MN
University of St Thomas-Saint Paul

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of St Thomas-Saint Paul

It's better then most other schools

It's better then most other schools

If I were able to go back in time the one thing that I would advise myself on is to do what you love and forget the rest. Most people dont realize that all they have to do is what they love. Don't worry about how much money you will make because to be honest money does not matter that much. And anybody who thinks this is a terrible idea has just got it all wrong.Life is short, do what you love, spend time with loved ones and make everyday count.

Nothing, this school is just what I expected.

Christina

I would say St. Thomas is best known for its business programs and job placements. Business-related majors far outweigh any other major on our campus, and business graduates from St. Thomas are looked upon highly from employers. People also often mention the beautiful St. Paul campus and, more recently, the new $66 million student center.

My high school experience was defined by a loneliness and isolation that was later deemed "Major Depressive Disorder." My experience with depression left me careless about my life and my decisions. I could not, of course, change the mental illness that took charge of my life for so long. However, when I look back at myself at 18 years old during that incredibly dark time, I am reminded of the most valued lessons I have learned as an undergraduate: "Asking for help does not mean you are helpless, and do not be afraid to take chances - persist, care about things, be passionate, be deliberate." I now identify most closely with the things I am passionate about. I am a feminist, a humanist, an ally, a pacifist. I am an activist. I would be lost without these identifiers. However, I would not be in this place had I never decided to ask for help and stop waiting for someone else to take charge of my own life. My greatest accomplishments have come from taking initiative and being purposeful in my actions. I wish the careless 18-year-old version of myself had been reminded that her life and her decisions mattered.

I have had absolutely wonderful experiences with my professors, my classes, and the programs I am most involved in. The Social Work and Justice and Peace Studies departments, both of which I am a part, have succeeded in creating an inclusive environment for their students. Nearly all the faculty I have been privileged to work with care about their students' learning, are passionate about what they do, and keep students engaged.

Bennett

Hey me, I know college is pretty exciting but it’s also a lot of work. My advice for you in college is to use your time wisely. Oh I know you love to play basketball all night but hey, college is about making sacrifices. Limit your time on Facebook and partying. I mean you can do this maybe once in two months or so. Believe me you'll regret if you don't do this. Have a schedule where there is a time for study, a time to work on your project, a time to write your paper a time to meet and discuss with your professor and then other activities later. Stop saying "I'll do it later". Don't wait until the last night to start working on your paper. Remember limit your time enjoying hanging out with friends. To be successful in college, you have to make sacrifices. Make use of the tutors at your college. They're really helpful. Get involved in study groups. In college the professors are not like your teacher in high school. Don't expect them to remind you when a paper is due. Now Bennett remember USE YOUR TIME WISELY.

St. Thomas has small class sizes and a fairly intimate campus while still being a relatively large private university. I didn't want to attend a large state school with giant lecture classes and St. Thomas seemed to stand out by providing almost the same number of opportunities in a more intimate setting.

As a senior in high school I was terrified by the thought of leaving behind lifelong friends, leadership positions, and activities as well as the teachers and mentors that I looked to for advice and encouragement. I was disappointed that I hadn't gotten into my "dream school" and was beginning to wonder if another point or two on my ACT would have done the trick. I didn't know where I wanted to go or what I wanted to be and it took away from the excitement of senior year. Having made it through two semesters of college now, I wish I could go back and reassure my high school self that all the hard work really would pay off despite the dream school disappointment and that it really wouldn't be too hard to stay in touch with old friends after all. Having transferred mid-year, I would remind myself that it's okay to not be sure of what you want as long as you stay true to yourself and follow what you want for your life, not what anybody else says. "It's all a grand adventure," I'd tell myself, "Just you wait and see!"

While I understand that the liberal arts core requirements are in place to ensure that students such as myself receive a well-rounded education and graduate from St. Thomas with a cultured perspective of the world, the exorbitantly high cost of tuition makes having to take five theology/philosophy classes as well as a fine arts course a significant financial burden and prevents opportunities to take interesting electives. For this reason, I would be much more satisfied if we were not paying for tuition per credit.

Raymond

College is a life-changing moment where if anything goes wrong, my dreams will be shattered. It is not about being the smartest kid in class or the most popular kid at school but it places more emphasis on teamwork, leadership skills and volunteering. College does not discriminate against people based on their race, ethnic group, gender or sexual preference. Instead, it uses them as a platform to portray your true self to the real world and potential life changing opportunities. Finally, if there is any business venture you should invest in the future, college is the number one choice. Do not be scared about the heavy courseload or regret carrying huge loans. Consider it as an orientation about the world you are going to live in because when it is all over and you are exactly where you wished to be, your happiness will matter most.

The University of St. Thomas has many opportunies for students which I was unaware of while enrolling. They have a career center in which students are free to review their resumes, job application cover letters and scan through available careers and jobs. Also, the University values its student's wellness by providing free counseling for students who are psychologically ill. St. Thomas also has a child development center that provides help to students who are parents.

Any student from different ethnic backgrounds and religious affliations. The University offers study abroad programs in many countries as a way of creating diverse ideas on campus and so students who are interested in international studies and travelling would love St. Thomas. Students who are competitive in sports are encouraged to attend St. Thomas as we have won a conference-best 11 NCAA team championships in six different sports, and have had top-five NCAA team finishes in 18 different sports. For football lovers, our football coach was voted best coach of NCAA Division III football.

AJ

My classmates are generally very friendly; it is always easy to find friends and connections at the school, and as such, it has been an incredible transition for me.

The University of St. Thomas is best known for its business school and its education degrees.

I would tell myself to consider all possible avenues. For my freshman year of college, I attended St. John's University. In itself, it was a fine school, and through high school, I had never even considered attending another institution. This made it difficult to make the decision to transfer; I never felt connected to the campus in the way that I had expected. I would not tell my high school self to not attend St. John's because I definitely grew quite a bit through my experiences there. However, I would tell myself to not be so deadset on one path, to consider that there may be another way to make yourself happy. In conjunction with this, I would tell myself to not be so hesitant in making decisions, to be more decisive.

Haley

The only thing unique about St. Thomas in comparison to the other schools I considered is the amount of scholarships they awa...

The only thing unique about St. Thomas in comparison to the other schools I considered is the amount of scholarships they award.

They always say that hindsight is 20/20 and I have never believed that as much as I do now. Coming into college as a freshman was nerve wracking and wearisome. Looking back, I could have spared myself from a lot of worry if I knew one thing; that people do not care about me. As a freshman I was constantly worried about trying to fit in, if my peers were laughing at me behind my back and wondering about what others thought of me. I was acting like a normal teenager who was still uncomfortable in their own skin. It was not until I started my sophomore year that I had an epiphany. The truth is that no one actually cares about me or what I am doing. More often than not people are so consumed with thoughts of themselves and what they need to do that they cannot spare a passing thought for others. How liberating! If I had known this as a freshman I could have saved myself a lot of undue anxiety and stress and enjoyed my freshman experience. Now, free from my peer's nonexistent judgement I live life to the fullest.

I wish I had known that the campus was so "wet". People go drinking every night of the week. If you are underage, do not enjoy drinking or do not enjoy drunk people staggering around your dorm and vomitting outside your building you will not enjoy St. Thomas.

Anais

Be sure to learn about all the schools that offer the field of study that interest you. Search for scholarships and grants, sometimes loans are too expensive. Dont always go for the first school when there are many out there. Also research the field of study and be sure that the job duties is what interest you. Sometimes you like some of the duties you must complete and sometimes theres some you dont like. So before making any decisions really think about both the field in which you want to enhance your skills and how tuition is going to be paid off. The fardest you can be from a loan the better because you wont be bother day and night concerning about paying them back.

Alexander

Growing up in a single mother family and overcoming dyslexia, I learned early that hard work and perserverance will be necessary to accomplish my goals. The conversation with myself as a high school senior is as follows: Alex, set your goals and take simple steps to reach that goal! Make every minute count as your hard work now will make your future so much easier and attainable. Research your career choice and make sure that it is what you want passionately. If your career choice is nursing, then walk the hallways of a hospital, interview the administrator, your doctor and see if that is your passion. Learn and be aware of the values that has been instilled in you and think through how these values can be carried over to your career choice. Realize that your career goals are within your reach and to attain them it will take dedication, knowledge and most of all consistancy in spirit and focus. Thank you for your consideration, Alexander Newton"

Terry

To plain ahead about college, and the degree you want to obtain. Also to apply for scholarships early, and think ahead on your fafsa application. I would tell myself that college is not cheap even with financial aid, and to save up some money for it. Plus what college you chose is very important.

University of St Thomas-Saint Paul administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.