Saint Paul, MN
University of St Thomas-Saint Paul

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of St Thomas-Saint Paul

Mary

I would tell myself to stick to your goals and try to accomplish those goals and don't let anything or anyone try to discourage you from accomplishing your goals. Don't let anyone steer you in the wrong direction for your life and to stay focus on what you are there for. Study hard and do all you can do to finish and once you get all that studying behind you then you can relax and enjoy all that you have accomplished. I would tell them while they are a high school senior set goals for yourself and stick to them and know what you want to do with your life and where you want to go. And focus on those goals no matter what your friends are doing with their life you put forth an effort to stay in school and not to get into any trouble so that you can finish and you would be so proud of yourself because you didn't let anyone influence you to quit or get into any trouble. I would let them know they are the future and they have to succeed and try to make a better life for themselves.

Laura

I have only been enrolled in college for less than a year but I have learned many things. As a high school senior I didn't know what to expect for college. I didn't have an older sibling to ask so I learned the hard way. I wish someone would have told me how easy it would be to make friends. I remember being so nervous on move-in day but almost immediately, it seemed, I was surrounded with new friends. I would also want to tell myself not to worry about the small things. I was nervous about what to bring, who I would talk to, what my classes would be like, and who would I turn to for help. I learned that you have to go with the flow and there are more important things to spend time on. It's more important to learn very good study habits, arrange your sleeping patterns, and learn to organize your time and responsibilities than it is which towels to bring. A strong foundation of knowledge and habits can take you a long way in college and I wish I would have known which things to prepare for.

I would recommend the University of St. Thomas to almost all current high school students. I love this college for many reasons but my favorite thing is the professors. I have only been attending the university for less than a year but I love all of my professors. I feel comfortable going to their office hours to meet one-on-one with them. I also go to them for advice for which classes to take and other questions I may have. The small class sizes allow students to really get to know the professor at the University of St. Thomas.

I think this school accommodates for a variety of personalities and interests. This liberal arts college allows students to get an education in their field of study while becoming socially aware of other areas like Human Diversity, other languages, and Theology. There is a unique music program at the college. This college offers students so much and we are left to decide which portions to take from it. Any student who wants a well-rounded education at a smaller school and wants to take full advantage of the thousands of opportunities and experiences should choose the University of St. Thomas.

Melissa

I would say it is best known for business and for getting graduates jobs right out of college.

If I could go back in time I would tell myself to relax a bit more about college. I would say to myself not to worry about making friends and the work load because overall, it is not bad. I would definetely tell myself to express myself better and just socialize and be myself...at college that is a main thing I have noticed. People don't care what others think and they are willing to be themselves. I would also tell myself to go out and socialize at every opportunity; when a group of people ask you to go out with them, then definetely say yes. Don't be afraid to reach out to other people and make friends. I would assure myself that college is an experience of a lifetime. It really is some of the funnest years of your life.

I wish I knew that the tuition was going to go up every year.

Ivan

Hey Ivan. Do you have a minute? I just wanted to give you some advice about college. Get aquainted with the programs that they offer at the colleges. Do not be ignorant of these school programs. They will affect you in the long run if you do not utilize them. Another word of advice is that you should become well aquainted with doing presentations. The high school senior project that you are doing this year is nothing compared to what you have to do in college. At the minimum, your presentations will be about 15 minutes long and you do not get half of the semester to complete it. I also advice you to get to know your fellow classmates. Write down his or her number. On the days you cannot make it to class having your classmate's number will come in handy. Last word of advice is to join a club that is towards your major! It will benfit you with networking and at the same time it will look good on your college career.

Gabriela

For me, it was easy to transtion into college, but for my fmaily it wasn't. My mom and I had trouble communicating to eahc other my freshman year and I would say it had a lot to do with our relationship while I was in high school. We didn't have a bad relationship but I wasn't always open with her. So the advice I would give myself is, don't be afraid to open up to your parents and let them in as far guidence goes. The more you feel like you cna trust your parents, the easier it is to resolve problems with them when they appear. I didn't know how to handle the problems I had with my mom because I didn't take the time to get to know her as person when I was living at home and that would have saved a lot of heartache on both sides.

The price. Cost of living. This school is really expensive.

Tamiko

The University of St Thomas has a strong Catholic background that is offered for any students, regardless of religion.

Your focus and worry on money is unnecessary. It's great if you get a job, but focusing on school work is much more important. Having a job is nice to make some money, but it consumes your time, and your grades will start to slip. As you get into college, you will learn much more about independence and time management, which are both very important to start on the path of success. You will learn that time spent on studying and doing homework will pay off greatly. You will learn that you are making your own decisions, and nobody is forcing you to do anything. It takes self motivation to learn to become a good, independent student. Having a job throws off time management, independence, and self motivation completely. Yes, college is expensive, but there is help. You will be able to pay off what you owe, so make the time you spend in college worth it!

If you're looking for a smaller-sized campus, St Thomas is definetely a great choice. The campus is small, but beautiful, and very easy to navigate around.

Kelley

I would describe most of the population at St. Thomas as wealthy and white

I would describe most of the population at St. Thomas as wealthy and white

I would tell myself that its going to be harder than I expected. I would explain that unlike most of my classmates, I would be on my own finacially, which is going to make it difficult when wanting to go out with friends or live off campus. However, I would mention that even though financially its a struggle, I am getting the best education possible. I will be able to get a job right out of college, and I will have made some of the best friends I have ever had. I would also mention that it isn't all about boys and partying. It is important to stay on top of school work, but also there is a need to be balanced socially. Overall, I would tell myself that I am ready, and I will succeed at whatever I do with the right additude!

someone who is driven, is strong academically, and also likes being located in the city

Katelyn

University of St. Thomas is unique because it is a close knit school with a big name that is recognized by employers.

If I could go back and talk to my high school senior self I would tell her that the pressures I feel now will prepare me for the rest of my life. Choosing a college and finishing high school is a major event in your life. It should be joyful and even though it feels never ending and sometimes life ending, it is preparation for other pressures in life. You will have to interview for jobs, apply for graduate school, and meet deadlines all of your life. Learning how to handle pressures that you feel during your senior year ultimately prepares you to make other life altering decisions. However, it is also important to cherish your senior year. Don't loose sight of the great time that you are able to have. College is a blast, and learning how to juggle pressure and fun will get you through it.

Someone who attends University of St. Thomas should be someone who is striving for a well rounded and challenging education. They should be very motivated and social.

Kristen

St. Thomas is the largest private school in Minnesota close enough to the city to get the best of both worlds.

It is not as scary as you think, you've been preparing for this your entire life it is almost like grade 13. You will meet new people and you will love everything. Just believe in yourself and you will go far.

The buildings are absolutely beautiful, my classes are great, small, and close knit. Most of all I have met so many great people in such a beautiful city.

David

The University of Saint Thomas is an institution that successfully integrates the precepts of Catholic intellectual tradition- faith, hope, and charity- into the business world.

One attribute of the successful 'Saint Thomas' student which applicants forget to cultivate is a comprehensive knowledge of the school's history. Since its founding in 1885, this university has witnessed numerous events which left their indelible mark upon American history. Its graduates have been key participants in 20th century events, and today its alumni pioneer scientific and business advances within the Twin Cities. Applied correctly, this historical knowledge not only enriches research papers, but also wins the approval of conscientious professors. When considering Saint Thomas, learning its story is the first step to success.

University of St Thomas-Saint Paul administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.