Saint Paul, MN
University of St Thomas-Saint Paul

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of St Thomas-Saint Paul

Ana

The University of St Thomas is a multicultural community of teachers and students working together to create a personal learning experience that encompasses a thought-provoking curriculum, a hands-on teaching style, and a wide range of extracurricular activities.

I think one of the biggest transitions for me is having to balance my social life, academic responsibilities, and work. As a high school student I did not realize how different it would be to manage almost all aspects of my life by myself, instead of with constant assistance from my parents. Having a support system to keep you on track is necessary to be successful and staying motivated. During my first semester of college I went home most weekends, so I still had contact with my parents very often. Once I got settled into college, including forming a solid group of friends, learning the ins and outs of class structures, and the campus lingo it became easy to focus more on my social life instead of my responsibilities. This is something I never expected to happen as a high school senior. Overall, I'd say, "remember what your long-term goals are and truly work toward them. Ask for help when you need it and enjoy your time in college - after you finish studying for those chemistry exams!"

I'd say that the worst thing about the University of St Thomas is that many students do not realize how many clubs, organizations, and on-campus services there are to help them connect to campus, do well academically, and get personal assistance. As a Resident Advisor, I was trained to know about these services, but the majority of students have no idea some of them exist (an example is Psychological Services).

Leslie

If I had the opportunity as a freshman in college to go back in time and offer words of encouragement to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to not be so idealistic. When I was preparing to leave high school and move on to college I had convinced myself that I would have to choose a career and stick with it, get strait A's, and avoid mistakes altogether. If I failed in college, I would fail at life. I now realize that college is the perfect experience to allow students to embrace these mistakes and bouts of uncertainty. This is how we learn and grow. I would tell my past self to allow yourself get lost every once in a while and wonder down an unknown path. It might just lead to your future.

St. Thomas has strong connections with jobs around the area so finding a job right out of college is much easier than other schools. Professors care about their students and learn each and everyones name. Class sizes aren't too big, so getting one on one time with professors isn't that difficult. The campus is beautiful and I feel so safe and at home here!

Work hard in high school. Don't take slacker classes your senior year, you end up forgetting a lot when you come to college and things are obviously harder, but preparing yourself with taking harder classes is beneficial. Also take as many college credit classes as you can. It is free and you can get some core classes out of the way and jump into classes for your major sooner.

How pretty the campus is and it is in a great area. In the cities so there is a lot to do, but you forget that you're in the cities because it feels like at home. Also the quality of the professors and classes.

If I could go back and give myself a piece of advice, I would tell myself to focus on school, bring up my grades, and consider the soccer scholarships I turned down. I would explain how expensive it is to live on my own at nineteen years old and how working and going to school full time isn't exactly a fun college experience. I would offer advice on how community college is the most affordable option for students working their way through college and how it isn't ike high school; it requires effort and studying. Most importantly, I would tell me that when someone is literally working their way through the present towards a distant future, every bad grade, every dropped class, every wasted dollar is a set back. I might tell myself to take that soccer scholarship, to avoid the party scene, and to choose to study what l love. Or I might tell myself to continue on the path I chose, because I meet some great people- including an amazing husband- and I learn a lot about myself along the way.

Kelsey

Everyone at the University of St. Thomas is very friendly and nice, most people are outgoing and willing to meet new people.

If I could give myself advice as a senior in high school, I would make sure I was a lot more outgoing and that I chose a college that I knew would have activity going on to suit my needs and prefrences. I would also make sure that I tried a lot harder to meet new people in high school so that meeting people in college, where I don't have any high school friends, would be a lot easier. I would also encourage myself to meet as many people as I could and definitely more than what I did at orientation for college as well as the first couple weeks when there were activities going on to meet people.

You should not attend the University of St. Thomas if you want something happening on campus at all hours of the day or even every weekend. If you are not willing to put yourself out there to meet new people you will have a very hard time at St. Thomas and will be lonely.

Briana

If you want to go to a 4 year college, do it. Going to a community college seemed like a good idea at the time but now deciding to transfer to a 4 year college has changed everything. It would have been much easier to go straight from high school to a 4 year college than it is to go from high school to a community college, then to a 4 year college. Apply everywhere and apply for as many scholarships as possible. Do what you want, not what you think others want you to do.

Thais

Focus on the things that matters the must, and that is, getting your education, a carrer on something that's it's going to be beneficial to your future and your finances, and stick with, and no matter how hard it gets stick with it, no turning back, and must of all, do not stop under any circusmstace, find the way to keep on going forward. That way you can not have a husband telling you what to and what not to do. In other words, you could have your own independency, no needing to depend on him, and if things don't go the right way, you can tell him see you latter alegator, and continuo on doing what ever you profession might be. And best of all you could have your own personal freedon, to do and to go where ever you would like to go, sky it's the limits. You go girl, and get your education, don't be a fool, especially now days, one needs to be prepare to be able to compete on this world of man. And always remember, never give up, and never surrender, and always fight for what is yours.

Angela

Oh, Angela. I know you're afraid. You've always been afraid of the unknown. Here is my advice to you. Focus. You are in school now for a career. This is all that matters now. Apply for more scholarships. You don't know how much debt you may build up over the years. Don't be afraid to put yourself out there when meeting people- everyone is just as afraid as you are. Classes are set up different now. You need to do your homework right away. I know it seems like you have more time, but you will feel so much better and so much less stressed if you do it when you get it. Pray about every decision and let God be apart of your routine. Be confident in your abilities. Speak up, you have great ideas! Do not be afraid. I know you are going to do so well!

Someone who does not want to work hard at their future or be involved.

Someone who is entergetic, positive, friendly, a hard worker, has school spirit, and will contribute to the school.

Kirstin

I am a hardworking student athlete that prepared myself as best I could for college. I don’t really have any advice to give m...

I am a hardworking student athlete that prepared myself as best I could for college. I don’t really have any advice to give me.

I think everyone should attend this school!

University of St Thomas-Saint Paul administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.