Saint Paul, MN
University of St Thomas-Saint Paul

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of St Thomas-Saint Paul

Kellie

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to stay focused on school. It is so easy to slip into the "senior slide" because of all the excitement of graduating. I did take AP courses and I would assure myself that was the right thing to do. I'd even reccommend taking more as well as focusing on my grades in College in the Schools Spanish. I would also tell myself not to stress out so much because everything will work out for the best. Lastly, I'd make sure I would have focused more on networking. It is so important to branch out and make connections with new people, because you'll never know when you'll need some piece of information that they might have. Mostly, I'd tell myself to keep pushing through and don't slack off!

The most frustrating thing about attending this school is defintely the cost. It costs approximately $40,000 to attend this college. Although they are very helpful with providing internships and do offer financial aid, it is stil hard to realize how much debt you can acquire in such a short period of time.

Before coming to this school, I wish I would have known how important reading and studying were. I also wish I knew how hard accounting is. I enjoy my major, business, but accounting is a tough class. It was offered at my high school and I didn't take it because I thought it would be of no importance to me. Little did I know, it could have helped me out a lot and save me a lot of stress.

This school felt professional and like somewhere you wanted to be compared to other schools.

If I could go back in time and give myself advice I would have told myself that although this new step in life is huge and life-changing, it is also not a matter of life and death. I used to think college was scary and picking the wrong college or major would result in an unsatisfying career and lifestyle. However, looking back I would recommend to that worried teenager to just breathe and accept what happens because the choices I made then were only the first I would have to answer to. Even though I sometimes feel as though I am jumping into things head-first and it scares me, it is still worthwhile.

Students who want to attend St. Thomas should be people not only eagar to strenghten their academic lives but also thier spiritual ones. These students should be excited about their futures.

Meghan

I have had classmates from 18-70, from all backgrounds, and an equal amount in both men and women.

No matter how much effort or work you put into getting ready for college it is all pointless because until you get everything unpacked in your dorm room and your parents walk out that door, there is no way to prepare yourself for what you will feel. So stop worrying, you will be fine, and keep your head held high even through all the hardships you may endure.

A person that wants to get a good education, not only in their field of choice but also in a broad array of class choices. Students who are willing to work hard in their studies and therefore easily earn a job out in the real world.

Christiaan

The campus is really pretty. Buildings are all done in the same architecural style. It's a small campus in a big city, so you have the abiity to connect in the community or get lost in a large city. This area has a rich history and the school has old traditions that are great. It's a great welcoming community for all students.

I would advise myself to treat everything as a new experience and to be open to as many experiences as possible right away. The sooner you get involved on campus, the more easily you will adjust, make friends and make the new college a home for yourself. Be selfish in the sense that this is the one time in your life when you can be yourself, be who you want to be and do what you want to do. You're here to learn for yourself, not for anyone else. So enjoy this time and explore who you are. Get help when you need it. Make sure you discipline yourself to study a fair amount of hours each day. If you are having a hard time, get actively involved in helping yourself out to do better in classes. Make sure that if you get homesick, try to fight that off and gain independence to live on your own. Stay involved with friends and make sure you have things to do, especially early on.

I would say that someone who is not comitted to their education would not do well here. The college is academically demanding, but very fair in their expectations.

Louise

The business and biology programs and for being a suitcase school.

The business and biology programs and for being a suitcase school.

When I made my college decision, I really didn't now what factors would be important to me once I got to college. Now that I'm here, there are definitely a few things I wish I had known would matter to me. For instance, if there's something extracurricular that you enjoy doing, definitely make sure to choose a college that will make it possible for you to continue doing that. Personally, I really love horseback riding, but being at a college in the city I'm unforunately unable to continue that activity. I never even considered that when choosing a college. I took the transition process very slowly - buying my college gear and packing over a long period of time rather than hurrying it all at once - and I'm very glad I did that. It made the whole thing much less of a shock and allowed me to prepare myself for leaving home. College is totally different from high school, so there's really no good way to effectively prepare yourself before you get there - you just have to be willing to take each change and adapt accordingly.

The excellent facilities because they make me proud to show people where I go to school and they're great places to hang out!

Vera

Apply to college early. look at all your options and listen to your parents advice. Visit colleges and see which one you like best...its very important to like your school and feel part of it. I would apply to the University of St. Thomas right away and not wait to go through 2 other colleges to finally find the one you love. I would tell myself that college is very different than high school but also silimar in a way because it requires a lot of detication and determination to finish it and build your career afterwards.

The campus shuttle has a terrible schedule! its supper hard to know when the bus will come and how long it will take for it to get to the Minneapolis campus. Also, there are no bus stop "shelters" at the bus stop areas. wish there was a place to stand during winter and warm up.

Very expensive! i wish it wasn't so expensive to get a degree.

Alicia

The biggest piece of advice I could give to myself as a senior in high school is that you should do everything you can to make yourself a more well-rounded person. I would tell myself to take as many AP classes that I could so that I could have those credits trasnfered to college. I would also tell myself that even though you may already be accepted to a college, that does not mean you should slack off.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that it is a Catholic affiliated school. It is also a liberal arts school. These two things mean that there are completely different requirements in order to graduate rather than a normal state school. Although these things make it tougher to get your requirments, it helps you in the end and the students at my school have the drive to complete these requirements.

The type of person that should not attend the University of St. Thomas is the type of person that does not have the ambition to take themselves somewhere in life. They would also be the type of person who turns away a challenge. St. Thomas has a number of requirements that are different, and tougher to complete, than at a normal state school. Because of this, the type of person who cannot accept a challenge should not attend my school.

Hayley

The University of St. Thomas gives you all the tools necessary and more to a bright future.

If I were able to talk to my senior self I would recomend trying as many new things as I possibly could. The best way to find out who you truly are, is to try new and different things. There is no better time to get to know yourself than in the most transitional phase of your life. Make sure you find a school that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in all aspects like academics, athletics, involvement, etc. Find a school that you are proud of, because if you're not proud of yourself for going there, do you really think an employer will be interested? Be sure to use all your schools resources to make the best informed decision you can. It's really important during your college search that you make your school decision based on your own interests. You are the person who will be attending the school for the next four (plus) years, so you will want to be sure that you enjoy it. Finding the right school for your interests and your plans of future is key to finding happiness for the future. Good luck, and you know what to do!

When I talk about my school to others, I typically will brag about the relationships that develop between professors and students, the competitive atmosphere, the opportunities we gain from going to school in the Twin Cities, the new buildings, the people, and how it seems to be the perfect balance of big/small school.

Aaron

The University of St. Thomas is an accredited, Catholic university with an attractive campus in a historic St. Paul neighborhood that attracts mostly kids from well-off Midwestern families; strong ties with the community and local businesses help the university offer excellent job placement and internships, especially in the fields of engineering and business.

I wish I had known how much financial aid I was going to get as it was actually more than I expected, and with that I may have been able to get into an even better school. The school didn't rank as high in business as I thought it did, but it is still a good school nonetheless.

St. Thomas has a wonderful student community that is very welcoming and enjoyable to be a part of.

The most important thing that I would tell myself is to not to worry about getting straight A's in college. Even though you had straight A's in high school doesn't mean you will in college. You actually will enjoy the classes you take because you get to pick your major and what you want to focus on. The important thing is to learn, not getting A's all of the time. This is the hardest thing that I had to get through my head, but once you stop stressing about the letter grade and you know you're doing your absolute best, the class room becomes so much more enjoyable. I would also tell myself that it is extremely important to make new friends. Old high school friends might be there to talk to you but they may not be able to be there for you all of the time. You need to learn to let go. Friends are important because they not only are there to study with you but they take away some of the stress that college may bring you. Friends can enhance your college experience both in and out of the classroom.

The most frustrating thing about St. Thomas is how far I sometimes have to walk to class. I can have one class on the northern campus of the school and the other on south campus. Even though this is frustrating I learned how to manage my time to get to class on time.

University of St Thomas-Saint Paul administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.