Saint Paul, MN
University of St Thomas-Saint Paul

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of St Thomas-Saint Paul

St. Thomas has lots of alumni support. They constantly are providing opportunities for students to connect with alumni through various programs. St. Thomas' alumi are frequently on campus/online posting job or internships for students.

I would advise myself to make better use of the department tutors and writing centers. That would have helped me make sure my freshman year work was top quality. I would also advise myself to take an easier couseload my first semester since there are so many adjustments to get used to. It is also easy to lack on sleep in college so to make sure I get an adequate amount everynight to prevent sickness and help manage stress. Getting involved on camps is one of the most important things to do!!

A person who is very indecisive in their career path and wants to explore classes to see their best fit. Too expensive for that! Otherwise is appealing to all types of individuals.

Joseph

My classmates are usually very responsible students who put their academics first, before partying or drinking.

The University of St. Thomas is best known for its prestigous academics. St. Thomas is always one of the top schools in the country in a number of different programs.

I would tell myself to not slack off as much in high school. I would have studied more so those study skills would have transfered over to college. In college you have to study way more than you do in High School. That is one thing that I need to improve on and wish I did more of in high school.

Me as a high school student, i went through lot. I had my share of struggles, i had people telling me that i wasn't going to be able to even make it past high school. I proved them wrong. today in my college life i am working alli can and the best i can to prvde for myself. If i had the chance to give my high school self advice. would tell myself to be a better student, give myself options to make others proud. I would tell myself not to be lazy or selfish and get a job to help me in the future. Keep my mind on what i ant to make of myself. Think of how better i can live my life and help others in my career. I woud tell myself not to let anyone bring me down. I know i can do alot and i never ask for anything because I keep my head hih so i would ell myself t be te best i an be and make people proud. Thank you for giving me this chance.

Cecelia

The University of St. Thomas is known for a vigorous academic program, with an emphasis on developing Catholic morals and fostering a diverse and welcoming community. St. Thomas is known for it's expensive tuition but also outstanding financial aid program that does its best to make a St. Thomas education affordable for everyone. The study abroad program is one of the best nationwide and has only gotten outstanding reviews from the students I've talked to. St. Thomas is known for being a Catholic university but also welcomes those of all faiths.

Dear Ce Ce, The time is approaching for you to make your final decision in regards to which college you will be attending next year. Go with your gut feeling on this and I promise you will not be disapointed. College is a lot different from high school and it will be a challenge at first to keep up with everything. Here are some of my strategies to help you along the way knowing what I know now about college life. First of all, be yourself and friends will come naturally. I know that was one of your biggest worries but if you make the choice I think you're going to make, you will be fine. Second, make sure to do your Webassign and any other homework the night it is assigned if at all possible. Third, make use of all the tutors and other resources the college provides and don't be afraid to admit that you need help with your studies. Fourth, talk to your professors and get to know them better. They can help you in the longrun. Good luck and stop worrying so much! Future Ce Ce p.s. Get the tupperware!

The person that shouldn't attend this university is someone who shies away from hard work and refuses to be open to new ideas. The academic aspect of this University is extremely difficult and not for the faint of heart. If someone doesn't give one hundred percent to their academics, he or she can be assured that they will not last long at this university. The diverse atmosphere of the community leaves no room for closed mindedness and challenges all students with new ideas and perspectives on life.

Anne

It was the only school that I considered with an Operations and Suppy Chain major. It also had a lot of faith groups and volunteer groups on campus.

I would tell myself to never pass up an opportunity to be kind to others. Also, i would tell myself to continue working and studying hard because it will pay off in the end!

It has 100% job placement in my field of study (Operations and Supply chain Management). Also, there are a lot of great opportunities for community.

Rita

Dear Rita, I know that you have no idea where you want to go or what you want to do with your life. But to be honest, a lot of college campuses are going to be very similar. Everywhere you go, you're going to meet people, you'll take interesting classes, and you'll have to make decisions that will force you to grow up and mold you into the person you will become. Don't stress too much about the college you choose. Although I don't know if St. Thomas is the ideal school for me, I know that it is a great college that has provided me with many opportunities and will continue to do so. The Career Development Center has many resources that can guide you and there are many activities you can get involved in to meet friends you might keep around for the rest of your life. Just remember: college is what YOU make of it, not what it makes it makes of you.

We have had a lot of new buildings in the past few years, including a new student center opening tomorrow.

Someone that is completely doesn't care about school and that will skip a lot of classes and waste their tuition money.

Ulla

The University of St. Thomas is best known for excellence in the liberal arts and business. It is a Catholic school with rigorous academics and is well-respected in the Twin Cities metro area. They also have the Opus School of Business, their graduate business school, and the School of Law, which are both esteemed in their respective fields. Their high level of service is also well-known.

I would tell myself that college is actually a lot of fun and immensely rewarding, and that working hard to keep my grades up pays off. All the socializing is important too, because you take on so much responsibility as you grow up that you no longer will have those opportunities, and so live life to the fullest before you have too much responsibility. I also would say to remember to treat everyone with respect and to always remember those who work for you and treat those people especially well. Also, there's no problem with taking your time in deciding what it is that you would like to do - it's better to gain life experiences than to be going to school for something that you don't feel strongly about. Lastly, I would tell myself to not sweat the small stuff, that life will work out, and there is more support out there than we can conceive of. And, as Garrison Keillor says, "Be well, do good work, and keep in touch."

I have not come across the anything that I would consider bad except the tuition - it's roughly $30,000 per year.

LaNorra

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to take college seriously. College is not like High school, even though it's only my first year of college I learned a lot. You have a lot of freedom in collge but with freedom comes a lot of responsibility. My first semester in college I recieved a 3.44 GPA and I was very proud of myself. College Isn't that hard if you stay focused. In college they give you a lot of information so I would also tell myself to pace myself and dont procrastinate. Procrastination is a problem a lot of high school and college students deal with but if you start the work when it's given and not wait until the last minute you wont run into that problem.

Ryan

I would have told myself to study harder for my first few exams. Also time management is key in college, and I wish I had realized that a little faster than I did first semester. I wish I told myself to utilize Sundays as homework days more effectively.

There are excellent student/teacher relationships due to small class sizes. The faculty seems genuinely concerned about individual student success. The school provides state of the art athletic and student facilities. The University strongly promotes the idea of students getting involved in extra-curricular activities such as athletics, clubs, and intermural teams.

I compete with the University of St. Thomas’s swim team, so I would probably vocalize how much I enjoy this team, as well as the brand new swimming pool. Academically speaking, I would brag about the close relationship I have with each one of my professors. Also I am in the Air Force ROTC program, which is also a talking point for me.

My classmates are intelligent and ready to become the leading generation.

My classmates are intelligent and ready to become the leading generation.

What is unique about Saint Thomas compared to others is that they will go the length to make sure that you recieve the quality education you deserve. They will do anything to make college happen for you.

Knowing what I know now about college life and transitions, two pieces of advice that i would give myself are take your grades seriously and save your money. Grades have never been so important untill i began applying to colleges and learning about the addmissions requirements, so to ssave yourself stress later on, work harder in the early years. Another piece of advice that i would give is to save your money. You never realize how expensive your secondary schooling will be untill you recieve the bill in the mail, and depending on your school, not all financial aid will cover it. The more money you save, the easier you can breath when the time comes.

University of St Thomas-Saint Paul administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.