Saint Paul, MN
University of St Thomas-Saint Paul

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of St Thomas-Saint Paul

Julia

Knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition, I would remind myself to stay true to who I am. During high school, I found myself to be a self-sufficient and extremely academically focused person. In my first few weeks of college, I found it difficult to be the independent, hard working person I was in high school because of the drastically different environment in which I found myself. I depended on others to help me explore my new world of college. However, once I was acclimated to the college life, I found it easier to be myself and to properly prioritize my life so that I could achieve a successful first semester. Finally being true to myself made for a satisfying semester both academically and socially.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the multiple computer programs that are used to organize personal information. Though there are seperate programs over the internet organizing email, account information, and course information, they were easily understood after a few weeks of school. After those few weeks, the frustration with understanding how each program worked disappeared, and all that was left was the hassle of switching from program to program!

The best thing about the University of St. Thomas is the personal feel I get during each interaction throughout my school day. Every professor cares about mysuccess, and is willing to consult with me regarding any part of my education or life. During a walk on campus, people left and right will say hello, whether or not they have met you before. Everyone will offer to help you with any problem you may have. Overall, the best thing about St. Thomas that I would share with others is the friendliness and helpfulness of everyone on campus.

nancy

highschool is the step before college and ultimately it really comes down to u and how hard u work for the grades. everything is done for u they pick ur classes and tell u where to go and the teachers are there to teach u what they know but dont forget about the fact that college is no different its the same as going to high school but this time u go for what degree or career that u want and u will de deciding on the classes u need and the ones that u actually take but hey thats life this is where your future begins and starting from this point your life starts dont screw up its not a joke its your time to prove yourself set a goal and work towards it and keep on moving till youv'e reached the end of the rope but what advice im really trying to tell u is high school is a transition into the real world of education thats where the knowlege from over the years and it this is the ultimate test you have the option of securing ur status in life and highschool should start u off

Tuoi

A year of college experiencing is not much, but it’s enough for me to realize how much my attitude toward education has been changed. I used to be a high school senior so I know how that feels at this important turning point in my education life. Frist thing first, a best way to start my college life is be positive! I know most of high school seniors were really nervous for this new journey because I was as well. I was told and pushed to believe that college would be so hard with tons and tons of works such as papers, reading, projects, and I still remember how frightened I was hearing all that stuff. But a year has gone by, and it’s shown that college isn’t that tough and scary as I was told if myself know how to organize time, and give my whole concentration to the work that I’m doing. A planner should definitely work for time organizing. Be attentive in class, focused in schoolwork. And all I need to do left is a positive attitude, believing and putting my whole effort in it.

The thing that I'm very proud of this school is the devoted, friendly and active staffs here. My friends really get jealous of me for having such wonderful professors who understand and willingly help their students whenever they have any trouble or question. They openly talk and give advices for students, willingly spare their precious time for us no matter how busy they are. I love their professional, active, and responsive attitude toward their students' education. They really care and want the best for us.

At UST, all kinds of student are very welcomed, as long as you have a positive attitude toward your education. This school values and respects academic education of every students and their future career as well. Therefore, I believe this would be one of the best choices for anyone who has a serious thought for his education and future, and especially who is truly ready to accept all of the tough challenges awaiting ahead of them along the way. So for those that don't value their own education much, this school might not be a good option for them.

Kaelin

At the moment I am a junior in high school, but as I am also a freshman in college, I believe that the most important skill in college is to prioritize time. As my duties have become more extensive the older I get, it seems that the days get shorter and that there is less time to accomplish tasks. Because of this, I've learned that planning out my time and setting up certain hours for specific duties has helped me tremendously. I believe that with the technique of prioritizing I have been able to use my limited hours to study more efficiently and therefore to get better grades. I have been able to get more sleep, as well, so I feel less stressed.

Dear 12th Grade Lauren, Congrats, you're almost done with high school! Although high school was fantastic, get ready because college is even better than you could imagine! I have some advice for you; First of all, DON'T STRESS! Grades are important but there is more to life than grades.Don't cram the night before tests-- you might remember the info for the test but you won't remember it long term. Freshman year is amazing because everyone is looking to make friends-- take advantage of this by being friendly. Support sporting events and promote St Thomas pride! Search for genuine people to become friends with. It's important to be surrounded by people who don't party and drink alcohol. Be a role model to others by showing that it's possible to not consume alcohol and still have a fantastic college experience. Most of all, enjoy every second and make the most of ever opportunity. Reap the benefits of your hard work and never forget to smile. Going to college is a blessing-- cherish it!

I wish I would've taken more AP classes in high school because the more credits that you have at St Thomas, the easier it is to register for classes and get the classes that you need.

St Thomas has small class sizes and professors who really are about the students. You feel like you belong here and you're not just a face in a crowd. We have top of the line facilities and new buildings are opening all the time-- we're opening a new student center in 3 days! You feel like you're a fantastic community of students and alumni who care about the world and are going to succeed.

Leah

I would tell my high school self to take more Advanced Placement courses. It would have helped tremendously to have those credits coming into a four year university. I also would have told myself to volunteer with some local organizations. I personally believe that I was ready for the transition to college/dorm life because of the way I grew up, but if I had been more involved in things throughout high school it would have helped me tremendously.

People who attend Saint Thomas need to be motivated students. They must expect a challenge and be able to rise up to that challenge. People at St. Thomas are also generally involved in the school community.

I brag about how wonderful the professors are as well as how amazing the campus is. The newest building, the Anderson Student Center, is absolutely amazing!

John

University of St. Thomas is a private catholic school located in St. Paul and Minneapolis, Minnesota. Enrolled student population is about five thousand. This school has a beautiful campus. From the bright green grasslands to the clean and advanced academic facilities, this school creates a comfortable and spacious atmosphere. The faculty at St. Thomas is always friendly. Unlike many public schools, the professors always build relationships its students. This creates a special benefit for students because students get a better understanding of the course material through one on one interaction.

If I could go back in time to talk to myself when I was a senior I would say to be involved in school clubs. I regret not taking part in extra curricular activites at my high school. I went to Wayzata High School which is located in Plymouth, Minnesota. I participated in all my classes but I never though of doing something extra. It felt unnessesary for me because I tought the required basic classes was enough for me to be accepted to a great college. However now I know that its hardly the case. Therefore If I could change my actions in high school I would definately join school clubs like Chineese or German club.

Natalie

With the life situations I've faced since graduation, I'd have to say that I would challenge myself to go to college and do the best that I could while there. To be focused, encouraged,and determined not to fail. I'd also encourgae a good strong work ethic to establish a solid foundation. Now that I have a daughter, I realize that I can only give her the best as I do my best to get the best education available. She is my encouragement, and knowing that I set the stage as she watches me go to school a bring home good grades it motivates her to bring home good grades also. It has also motivated her to want to go on to college. She has asked me numerous times how soon could she start college if she works as hard as me. That makes me want work harder just so I can provide her with ample opportunites to do what ever her heart desires. Its just the two of us, so all I have is her and with the proper education I can encourage and show her how hard work pays off.

Chelsea

St. Thomas is a quaint university nesteled in historical St. Paul offering students many opportunities to become successful.

I would go back and tell myself not to stress out as much. College was a much easier transition that what I thought it was going to be. Making friends was easier than I thought because people are also searching for friends. I would go back and advise myself not to room with my friend. Living with one of my friends is not easy and I would go back and advise myself to live with a random roommate. Not only does it give you an opportunity to meet someone else, but you can avoid arugments with a friend that you otherwise would not have. I would advise myself to take later classes. I had eight o'clock classes everyday and it took a toll on me. I would advise myself to take later morning classes becasue then you can still get classes done early but you aren't sleep your day away. Those are just a few things that I would go back and advise myself to do and anyone else.

If you like a big university St. Thomas is not the school for you. St. Thomas is nestled in a quaint neighborhood in St. Paul. The campus is relatively small, but you recieve all the benefits of living in the big city. Therefore, if you have no interest in the city, this would not be the school for you either.

Morgan

My classmates are the leaders of tomorrow.

My classmates are the leaders of tomorrow.

If I could somehow turn back time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to keep pushing forward, to not give in to "senioritis." I definitely worked hard in high school and that is demonstrated by my academic record (was valedictorian in a class of 168 students) and heavy involvement in extracurricular activities. Nevertheless, I think I could have done more in regard to receiving outside scholarships. I procrastinated and didn't even think to apply for more than I did. I would also tell the "high school me" that taking every AP and college level course available was a great idea and to never hesitate registering for them. Not only did I challenge myself at the time and learn a lot, but the rigor transferred into my college experience. If I hadn't taken upper-level courses, I think I would have felt much less prepared. And, as it turns out, college has been going just fine. Lastly, I would tell myself to enjoy the time while I could. Senior year was my opportunity to have a little relaxation before the pressure of college and growing up ensued.

To attend the University of St. Thomas, a person must be up for a challenge. UST students must be hard-working, determined, and independent learners. Anyone looking for a great education with the added benefit of a beautiful aesthetic environment should attend UST.

University of St Thomas-Saint Paul administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.