Saint Paul, MN
University of St Thomas-Saint Paul

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of St Thomas-Saint Paul

Blake
St. Thomas

St. Thomas

Attending St. Thomas has been a wonderful and cultivating experience for me. The community allows all types of individuals to flourish in a variety of ways. The educational experience has been rewarding beyond words. The overall atmosphere has been safe and welcoming.

Laura
GO Tommies

GO Tommies

The University of St. Thomas provides the full college experience. I receive hands on instruction and assistance from professors, and intellectual discussions with my classmates. The extensive alumni network provides countless opportunities to network and find internships. With all of the clubs and activities on campus, it's very easy to be involved and connect with other students. All in all, I chose St. Thomas for its community aspect and the welcoming presence on campus both in and out of the classroom.

Derek

Take classes you hate early on... load up in the fall... work out more before hockey season.. take up golf earlier.

someone with a chip on their shoulder, people are mostly nice and inviting. Noone sticks out more than someone who think's they're a badass.

St. Thomas is best known for its well-connected business school, its highly thought of education program, and for having a cohort of young women who only wear Uggs and Northface jackets. They're usually blonde but not always.

Apply for more colleges, apply for as many scholarships as you can, and study abroad! You are smarter than you realize, more resilient than you think, and can figure out how adapt to almost any setting. Take chances now by applying to the programs you really want to apply to no matter how far away from home they are. Take steps now to avoid paying off loans by applying for all those small and weird scholarships. Someone's got to win them, right? And be sure to study somewhere completely foriegn. This is the one thing you'll regret- not going abroad- and it's the one thing you could've made happen super easily. That's the thing about college- it's way easier to study abroad than people think. You just have to put yourself out there and apply.

The school has a very homogenous atmosphere. It's difficult to find that right niche to fit into. During my graduation ceremony, the student speaker talked about how everyone had made their best friends during the first week of school. This was incredibly alienating for me who never really fit in and didn't find that group of friends that he thought everyone had.

Austin

My classmates are intelligent, passionate, and generally carry the same moral values that I believe to be good.

I like to share with my friends my passion for 3D printing. I have two of my own 3D printers, one in which I build myself. Since this is a rare interest for an eighteen year old, I like to talk about it to others. Most friends think it is pretty cool and it is an area of interest I can "brag" about that others find intriguing. I am hoping that my interest in 3D printing and materials leads to a future career, so while "bragging," it is cool when I find others that are interested too.

If I had the opportunity to go back to my high school self, I would tell him that it will be a harder transition than he would ever imagine. Listen to your mother would be my first lesson. Every time she tells you that habits are hard to break and start working on good study habits, I would make sure that high school Austin listened. Living on campus allows for so much extra free time with no one reminding what needs to be done. I would have mastered getting up with an alarm clock and learning to prioritize and be efficient with time. College classes are harder and there is a need to understand how to be an independent learner; something I didn’t comprehend until experiencing my first semester in college. I thought I was much smarter than I actually am! I had no idea the amount of work that I would need to put into my studies. Overall, listen to your Mom when she says to learn to work harder, because you will need to practice it first to become an efficient and effective learner in college.

Breanna

The transition between high school and college wasn't quite as easy as I thought that it would be. If I could I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself three things. First, I would tell myself to be confident and to remember that everyone else is just as nervous as I am. I would tell myself to be social and open to starting conversations in order to make many new friends. Next, I would tell myself that I shouldn't expect to be able to do all of the activities offered on campus. There is just no way to participate in every acticity that I want to and also get schoolwork done in a timely manner. Finally, I would tell myself that I need to care about my schoolwork and grades, but I can't stress about them. I would remind myself that the first semester of college is tough for practically everyone, and I shouldn't expect to ace all of my courses. I would tell myself that the most important thing is to put my best effort forward and not get discouraged.

The worst thing about my school is that there are few tunnels for students to walk in during the winter. I think that this is a problem because winters in Minnesota can be very cold, and although my school has a relatively small campus, on very cold days it is possible to get frost bite in as little as 10 minutes; it can take longer than 10 minutes to get to some of the buildings on campus.

The kind of person who should not attend this school is someone who is struggling financially. This kind of person should not attend this school because although scholarships are given out, it is a pricy school to attend. If someone strongly wants to attend my school but does not have the financial means to do so, I believe that it would be a better idea to attend a community college first and then transfer to my school.

We are a community of original souls from different walks in life discovering who we want to be while masquerading as a frat of wealthy white kids.

A lot of people at the University of St. Thomas are very closed off. As you walk across campus, no one talks or smiles at you unless you know them. I was terrified walking across campus on the first day of classes because no one was smiling. As you get to know people, like at any school, interactions improve, but it is still a frusteration for me. I wish we had a more obviously welcoming environment. However, people are very nice once you get to know them.

There is a lot of good advice out there for incoming college freshman: Be yourself. Meet new people. Try new things. Get involved on campus. All are good strategies to navigate the craziness of college life. But why do we put ourselves through this craziness? Ultimately, we get a degree. If that were all, then the only advice needed would be to get good grades. But it's not. College is more than getting a degree. College gives you a place where you can learn how to live successfully in the "real world" without being directly in the "real world." College is a place where you are challeneged and grow to become the adult you arguably will be for the rest of your life. So live like it. Figure out how to be yourself in the world. Figure out how to balance work and play. Figure out why you believe what you believe. Make mistakes, but learn from them. Learn how to handle new people, new things, and new ideas. College is a journey towards endless possibilities. All the advice gives you means of travelling, but remembering the "why" gives you control over where you go.

Leah

The Univeristy of St. Thomas is best known for its beautiful campus and small class sizes.

As a senior, I had life all figured out. I maintained a 4.0 GPA and was in many clubs that padded my college applications. I've always been known for being a high achiever. As soon as someone tells me I can't do something, I set my sights and don't stop until I overcome that obstacle. I was set to attend the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis in the fall. This would mean going from a school of 300 to 50,000. Many people doubted my decision to go to such a large school and that only fueled my desire to prove them wrong. I lasted just 10 days at U of M before realizing it wasn't for me. Luckily, I still had a spot for me at St. Thomas, the only other school I was considering. The adivce I would give the hard-headed person I was last year is that it's okay to take the path of less resistance. Just because I can handle the challenge doesn't mean I have to. I am overjoyed to be a student at St. Thomas now that I realized what I wanted from my school.

The only thing I dislike about St. Thomas is the private school tuition price tag. It is more expensive than any state school, but the college gives out scholarship awards to 95% of students.

Katherine

My classmates are supportive, creative, and inspirational so that it encourages me to be better.

Through the value of growth, you will realize how important it is to make decisions, even when difficult, in order to do what is right for you, others, and your community. When you follow what you believe, you will achieve growth and success. You will begin to see these changes in many ways, some internal and some more concrete. First, you will be a better person when you make decisions that solidify your beliefs. This can be challenging when it means going against what others or society say in contradication. Through the process you will find confidence in yourself and your decsisions. Next, others will see the confidence you have, and they will come to you so that they can grow along side you and make a change in the world. Confidence is contageous. Finally, when you chose to serve your community and address a need, you may have to sacrifice self-serving desires but you will find fulfillment and this will benefit everyone involved, including yourself. Find out what you are passioante about, establish values, and live by them. Now, conluding 2014, you have achieved so much, and it has created a lens to see more opportunities to flourish.

The main frustration I have found at the Univeristy of St. Thomas is that there are so many extra-curriculars and opportunities that I am unable to participate in every activity that I am interested in. It is a great problem to have, but I wish I had more time to be in multople places at once!

University of St Thomas-Saint Paul administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.