Saint Paul, MN
University of St Thomas-Saint Paul

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of St Thomas-Saint Paul

Helen

Academically an excellent institution. The professors are involved and the class sizes are ideal for learning. The campus lacks a little in diversity. I feel that the institution is still working on how to balance their catholic social teachings with social justice. But at least they recognize their areas for growth.

Maddie

It's a great school if you like things to be small. Don't expect much to go on at night or on the weekends, the campus is pretty much a ghost town. You will see the same faces all the time and there are few options for on campus housing. However, the school itself is beautiful. The facilities are kept up well and the options for classes are never ending. The school also offers wonderful scholarships. Probably because no one could afford it otherwise.

Meghan
University of St. Thomas

University of St. Thomas

St. Thomas has allowed me to grow and flourish academically. The professors in the English department take a personal interest in their students to encourage and support them in all endeavors, both in and outside the classroom.

Blake
St. Thomas

St. Thomas

Attending St. Thomas has been a wonderful and cultivating experience for me. The community allows all types of individuals to flourish in a variety of ways. The educational experience has been rewarding beyond words. The overall atmosphere has been safe and welcoming.

Laura
GO Tommies

GO Tommies

The University of St. Thomas provides the full college experience. I receive hands on instruction and assistance from professors, and intellectual discussions with my classmates. The extensive alumni network provides countless opportunities to network and find internships. With all of the clubs and activities on campus, it's very easy to be involved and connect with other students. All in all, I chose St. Thomas for its community aspect and the welcoming presence on campus both in and out of the classroom.

Derek

Take classes you hate early on... load up in the fall... work out more before hockey season.. take up golf earlier.

someone with a chip on their shoulder, people are mostly nice and inviting. Noone sticks out more than someone who think's they're a badass.

St. Thomas is best known for its well-connected business school, its highly thought of education program, and for having a cohort of young women who only wear Uggs and Northface jackets. They're usually blonde but not always.

Apply for more colleges, apply for as many scholarships as you can, and study abroad! You are smarter than you realize, more resilient than you think, and can figure out how adapt to almost any setting. Take chances now by applying to the programs you really want to apply to no matter how far away from home they are. Take steps now to avoid paying off loans by applying for all those small and weird scholarships. Someone's got to win them, right? And be sure to study somewhere completely foriegn. This is the one thing you'll regret- not going abroad- and it's the one thing you could've made happen super easily. That's the thing about college- it's way easier to study abroad than people think. You just have to put yourself out there and apply.

The school has a very homogenous atmosphere. It's difficult to find that right niche to fit into. During my graduation ceremony, the student speaker talked about how everyone had made their best friends during the first week of school. This was incredibly alienating for me who never really fit in and didn't find that group of friends that he thought everyone had.

Austin

My classmates are intelligent, passionate, and generally carry the same moral values that I believe to be good.

I like to share with my friends my passion for 3D printing. I have two of my own 3D printers, one in which I build myself. Since this is a rare interest for an eighteen year old, I like to talk about it to others. Most friends think it is pretty cool and it is an area of interest I can "brag" about that others find intriguing. I am hoping that my interest in 3D printing and materials leads to a future career, so while "bragging," it is cool when I find others that are interested too.

If I had the opportunity to go back to my high school self, I would tell him that it will be a harder transition than he would ever imagine. Listen to your mother would be my first lesson. Every time she tells you that habits are hard to break and start working on good study habits, I would make sure that high school Austin listened. Living on campus allows for so much extra free time with no one reminding what needs to be done. I would have mastered getting up with an alarm clock and learning to prioritize and be efficient with time. College classes are harder and there is a need to understand how to be an independent learner; something I didn’t comprehend until experiencing my first semester in college. I thought I was much smarter than I actually am! I had no idea the amount of work that I would need to put into my studies. Overall, listen to your Mom when she says to learn to work harder, because you will need to practice it first to become an efficient and effective learner in college.

Breanna

The transition between high school and college wasn't quite as easy as I thought that it would be. If I could I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself three things. First, I would tell myself to be confident and to remember that everyone else is just as nervous as I am. I would tell myself to be social and open to starting conversations in order to make many new friends. Next, I would tell myself that I shouldn't expect to be able to do all of the activities offered on campus. There is just no way to participate in every acticity that I want to and also get schoolwork done in a timely manner. Finally, I would tell myself that I need to care about my schoolwork and grades, but I can't stress about them. I would remind myself that the first semester of college is tough for practically everyone, and I shouldn't expect to ace all of my courses. I would tell myself that the most important thing is to put my best effort forward and not get discouraged.

The worst thing about my school is that there are few tunnels for students to walk in during the winter. I think that this is a problem because winters in Minnesota can be very cold, and although my school has a relatively small campus, on very cold days it is possible to get frost bite in as little as 10 minutes; it can take longer than 10 minutes to get to some of the buildings on campus.

The kind of person who should not attend this school is someone who is struggling financially. This kind of person should not attend this school because although scholarships are given out, it is a pricy school to attend. If someone strongly wants to attend my school but does not have the financial means to do so, I believe that it would be a better idea to attend a community college first and then transfer to my school.

University of St Thomas-Saint Paul administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.