Saint Paul, MN
University of St Thomas-Saint Paul

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of St Thomas-Saint Paul

St. Thomas is known for producing graduates with a well-rounded education and strong skills that will benefit them in the workplace. We are innovative and hard-working. Our Business School is well-known and highly accredited. Also we have great professors, who are all highly educated in their fields. Students and staff at St. Thomas are known for having a strong sense or spirit and pride in the University. Sporting events are highly attended and everyone is cheering on the Tommies. Overall we are very proud of our school and want to show it off to everyone!

St. Thomas is very inclusive and hosts a variety of different people of different interests and backgrounds. I would say that the people who go to St. Thomas are generally ambitious and goal oriented. They care about thier education and progressing towards their future. If a person doesn't have at least one of these qualities, I don't believe that St. Thomas would be a good fit for them. Also, being in Minnesota, if they don't like or cannot handle winter weather, this University is probably not the one for you!

My classmates aim for good grades and strive for sucess, all while enjoying college.

St. Thomas is best known for being a more expensive school that provides a good education.

Don't worry about what others think of you. Put yourself out there; try new things, and meet new people. You never know who you will end up being friends with. The people you hang out with the first week of college aren't typically people you hang out with weeks later. So instead of stressing over fitting in, make the most of your college experience and just be yourself. College is a great experience, and you can meet people that will be your friends years from now.

Annika

The worst part of college is walking to class. In high school the walk from you car to the building is brutal, but after that you are safe inside the building for 8 hours, in college that isn't the case. I make a walk at least 3 times the lenth of the walk from my car to the high school--on a busy day when I had to park in the way back of the parking lot--at least 6 times a day. And in the winter, that is a lot of time spent being cold.

I wish I would have known how to live with other people. I have a sister and we shared a room for years, but throughout all of high school I had the privledge of having my own room, my own space. Not anymore, I have to learn how to share again. I have to learn how to be quiet when other people are sleeping and I have to do work, and I have to learn to sleep while other people are working.

Dear High School Me, You made it. You're finally in college. "How's it going?" you ask. "What's it like?" you ponder. Well, I have your answers. Here are a few things you should know before you take this next step. 1.) You don't need a the big meal plan. I get it, you swim, you get hungry, you like to eat food, but you work in the dining hall. Get the small meal plan and eat all the free food you can. 2.) Buy a nice coat. Walking to class in the winter is cold. Really cold. 3.) That senior boy who keeps talking to-- he's creepy. Run away. He is not interested in being your friend. Make friends with people who will respect you as a person and your body. 4.) You have to try to make friends. I know, you're pretty cool, but future best friends are not going to just find you, you have to try to make friends. Join a club. Go do the stupid on campus activities. Don't just sit in your room with your roommate and watch netflix. Good luck high school me. You can do it.

Ingrid

That this private school is on the lower end of the price for college but it's in a good location.

If I could give advice to myself, I would tell myself that you shouldn't stress out about everything so much. Everything will fall into place and that there is no need to be so serious all the time. You're only a chlid once so enjoy the time where you don't have to work, pay for an education, and just get to have friends. You have your whole life to work so don't fuss about it. When it comes to people, you don't have to bend yourself backwards to get people to like you. Just be yourself and people will come to appreciate it. Also, get a cat in your life. You need one around you at all times. They really help.

Someone who is religious (catholic) and someone who is white.

Jadea

The University of St. Thomas is a fantastic gateway into the real world of enlightened adult thinking and I am so grateful I've been given this opportunity to experience such fine education at such a fine establishment!

I would explain the importance of financial stability. Although, I've been injected with such notions my entire life and here I am, going into my sophomore year, applying for a $5000 scholarship, hoping desperately.... desperately, it becomes mine. Like most youth in today's culture, I understand the importance of financial security, however, experiencing hardship firsthand is what has led me to a deeper understanding and appreciation of l'argent. This chat may be a little paradoxical. I'd also like to tell myself not to worry and RELEASE MY INHIBITIONS! Life is infinitesimal and there is infinite beauty to be found in it! I would hate for something like the price of my Daniel Wellington watch or Michael Kors shoes to keep me from enjoying existence. I must also be grateful for my suffering because it is what truly leads to joy. There is no way to know whether or not I am happy, content, euphoric, enlightened, or accomplished if I lack notion of the opposite, and why harbor such radiant feelings if I am unable to appreciate them? To senior me, I simply say: Live

I don't think there is any "kind" of person who shouldn't attend this school, while it may appear heavily conservative, catholic, and upperclass, students from all demographics could undoubtedly gain a wealth of knowledge and character from the experience, whether theyre in the minority or not. Suggesting the University fits a specific type of person only contributes to the limiting of cultural diversity, cohesivenessand acceptance in the University society.

Daniel

It is best for its business, education, and liberal arts classes. UST also is the most well known Catholic private university in the midwest and top 10 in the country. They have the firm belief that everyone is created equal, and should be treated that way, in the classroom and out. They have great support by the state to help students out financially and personally. Lastly, they have a very good rated career placement program to help graduates make the best out of their degree they worked so very hard for.

UST allows me to be my own person and share what I am good at with others around me and in class. I also get to have a beautiful campus to live and go to class on, but most of all I get to feel not like a student, but like a person. Last, but certainly not least is the opportunity for me to share my faith with everyone and anyone around me and IN a classroom environment.

The best advice I coud give myself is to simply not worry about all the "dumb" things in life. Focus on what is important, and stay positive all throughout college. Keep yourself grounded, and stay true to who you are, and never sway from that, not for anyone or anything. It is important to work hard in school, but have time to destress and be at peace with all the things going on in life and the tough times that could be ahead. Stay strong and move forward, though there may be some speed bumps in the way of life, it is more important to slow down, take them, and move on without looking back. Make good choices, not just morally, but with a great future in mind, and let nothing stand in your way.

Eve

There is a large variety of classes for a smaller private school.

There is a large variety of classes for a smaller private school.

The most important piece of advice that I would give myself going into college would be to say yes! Go meet people, join clubs that interest you, take chances, try out challenging classes, put yourself in new situations! This is the best way that you can make the most of your college experience. You need to be open to new experiences and by doing this you will have an amazing time at college. Don’t be afraid of failing, or messing up, or looking stupid, because you will learn from your mistakes and grow from them. The best part about college is being introduced to new things, and there is never going to be another opportunity to try new things like you will have in college. There can be so much to be gained from broadening your horizons and opening yourself up to the people around you. Don’t take all of these chances for granted, and go try something new!

The cost of tuituion is very high, and I do not think that grants given reflect the true cost of living and attending college.

David

An environment in which wherever you go you see someone you know, yet there are enough people that you don't know everyone.

I wish I would have known better time managment.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself that it's important to be honest with how much I can take on. I think it's important to take things slowly, at first, and gradually increase your workload as you move through the years. In the beginning, I felt extremely overwhelmed and as a result I had to eliminate a lot of things from my life. However, now that I have a handle on how to study I am able to take on a lot more, and still have time to enjoy myself. The take away message is: everything in moderation. If you take on too much you're going to end up falling short in everything. However, if you take on a little, then you always have the opportunity to add more and you allow yourself to have enough time for every aspect of your life.

Rathminee

St. Thomas is a very traditional Catholic school that has benefitted not only myself, but others who are attending, or have attended.

As a high school student, independent and dependent have two very different meanings. As we grow up into adults, we could not be more excited to move out and get away from our parents. But I learned that in college being away from your parents and home isn't all that great. But the advice that I woud give is that, being in college doesn't automatically make you independent and free. It isn't all that great to be out there in the real world without any aid. Ask your parents for help, stay in touch with your parents. Tell them how grateful and blessed you are to have them as your parents. Cause in the end, their the people you want to stay dependent on.

What I wish I knew before coming to St. Thomas was the different opportunities you had once you joined the St. Thomas community. The St. Thomas community is very helpful, inviting and beneficial is beneficial not only to your education; but also they want to help you professionally and personally. I find myself becoming the person whom I'm meant to be because of St. Thomas, and for that I am very grateful.

University of St Thomas-Saint Paul administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.