Saint Paul, MN
University of St Thomas-Saint Paul

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of St Thomas-Saint Paul

Ngoc Thoa

The food at my University can get a little more help. It is not teribble, it just not good. There is not enough soup, main course always run out first, do not have the comfort food, etc.

As a high school senior, really try to get the A in AP Macroeconomics. It carries over and you do have ot waste time later. It's true that senior year supposed to be fun and all, but those fun does not carry much over when you are in college. Also, you will not have a lot of scholarships, and you know that your family will not create a fund for your studies, so the safest way is to get a job during the summer, instead of going to the camp to make friends at St. Thomas, though I know you will be the only one from Humboldt to go to St. Thomas. Be more outgoing. People do not bite. Just be yourself, be nice, and enjoy college when you get here. Best regards.

Time management. There is so many fun events on campus, so the focus of going to school can be distracted.

Laura

Moving away from home is hard. I know you have heard how awesome it is to live on campus, and how living in a dorm will help you make connections and feel at home, but that simply isn't the case. There are benefits to being close to campus resources for sure, but living in a dorm setting will be challenging. Meal plans are the worst. Know going in that you will have meals left over. Don't stress about trying to eat three meals a day on campus. It is going to be a blessing to go home on weekends and periodically during the week. Don't muddy that blessing with worrying about how to get through all the meals. You wont. Don't worry about how hard college will be. It is challenging, but understand that you are smart and you can do it. The things you will have to do for class in the fall won't be as hard as trying to find the time to do them. Spend an hour daily this summer working on Spanish. It will make you more confident in class, and will propel you into your major with a firm foundation.

The greatest service The University of St. Thomas offers students, is the opprotunity to develop a lifelong relationship with their professors. Every professor I have had there, regardless of their area of expertise or how engaging their courses were, cares deeply about their students. Having talked with upperclassmen and Tommie alumni, I know that it is a normal occurance to stay in contact with professors long after the course has ended. I know without a doubt that I will stay in touch with several of my professors. They go above and beyond and truly care about their student's lives.

While there are many different types of people who could do well at St. Thomas, I think that diciplined, serious students would thrive academically here. There are wide ranges of courses offer to challenge students intelletually. No matter how smart an individual is, there will always be courses for them to take to increase their wisdom. Students who want to improve academically would do well here. There are fabulous libraries on campus with excellent resourses. With so many other 'fun things' on campus, a student will need to have a focused dedication to their academics to truly thrive.

Marissa

The lack of a student social life. Most people here commute so making friends is not likely unless you happen to live in the same area.

It is okay to be fearful. Whether it's the fear of failure or the anxiety you feel in crowded places. You will fail several times; accept that you made mistakes and learn from them. That anxiety you feel is manufactured. Let yourself be consumed by it. You will realize that you are stronger than you think you are. It is natural to be fearful of seemingly threatening situations. Don't associate it with weakness.

I wouldn't brag about my school at all. It is a community college and provides the necessary classes needed for associates degrees or if you plan to transfer to university. Most people commute so there isn't really a burgeoning social life. It gets you where you want to go and can save you money in the long run.

Abigail

If I could go back and talk to my high school self, I would start off by saying: don't worry about what these people think of you, it never did matter and it never will. There are so many greater things in this world than what some classmates think of you; you probably won't ever see them again anyway. Everyone says the next four years will be the best ones of your life and they are right, but something they don't tell you is they are also the worst four years of your life. High school was hard work, I know, but college is harder and it is okay to be stressed out sometimes and it is okay to cry. Everyone that is here with you is in the exact same boat. They are just as stressed as you and just as scared. It's okay to be scared and it's okay to struggle in college but you don't have to do it alone. There are so many people out there that are willing to help you. You will find your closest friends in college and build lifelong relationships. College will change your life.

The worst thing about my school is the amount of cliques that are here. I know it's something that happens everywhere but it seems a lot like high school because of how cliquey this school is. I would say if anyone can avoid the cliques then St. Thomas would be the best school ever!

Somebody should attend the University of St. Thomas if they are looking for a great job someday. I think St. Thomas has wonderful connections and so many opportunities for all of their students. If somebody wants to have a job after they graduate college then St. Thomas is a wonderful school to consider.

My classmates are strong and independent students who strive to be the best they can be, no matter what the final grade turns out to be.

There are two main things St Thomas is known for. The first is the school of business. We are known to prepare students to become successful leaders in a business setting. In addition, St Thomas is known for is producing well-rounded student, no matter what their major. This is attributed to our heavy core curriculum, and it gives companies confidence in our graduates' abilities to look beyond the subject matter they studied.

As a high school senior, there were many things I would have liked to have heard from my future self. The first piece of advice I would give to the high school me is to do your best and accept whatever the outcome may be. Life is hard enough as it is, so don't let yourself get caught up in final grade on your transcripts. While it is important to do your best, your worth does not come from your grades. They absolutely do not define you. As a person, you are defined by the effort you put into any given situation, not the results themselves. While this doesn't always apply to your worth to a company or a school, it will always apply to you in your personhood. In addition to this, the number on piece of advice I would give to my former self is to be yourself in every situation. Don't let yourself be controlled by your past and who others have tried to make you be. You are you, and you have the ability to show that to everyone you meet.

St. Thomas is known for producing graduates with a well-rounded education and strong skills that will benefit them in the workplace. We are innovative and hard-working. Our Business School is well-known and highly accredited. Also we have great professors, who are all highly educated in their fields. Students and staff at St. Thomas are known for having a strong sense or spirit and pride in the University. Sporting events are highly attended and everyone is cheering on the Tommies. Overall we are very proud of our school and want to show it off to everyone!

St. Thomas is very inclusive and hosts a variety of different people of different interests and backgrounds. I would say that the people who go to St. Thomas are generally ambitious and goal oriented. They care about thier education and progressing towards their future. If a person doesn't have at least one of these qualities, I don't believe that St. Thomas would be a good fit for them. Also, being in Minnesota, if they don't like or cannot handle winter weather, this University is probably not the one for you!

My classmates aim for good grades and strive for sucess, all while enjoying college.

St. Thomas is best known for being a more expensive school that provides a good education.

Don't worry about what others think of you. Put yourself out there; try new things, and meet new people. You never know who you will end up being friends with. The people you hang out with the first week of college aren't typically people you hang out with weeks later. So instead of stressing over fitting in, make the most of your college experience and just be yourself. College is a great experience, and you can meet people that will be your friends years from now.

Annika

The worst part of college is walking to class. In high school the walk from you car to the building is brutal, but after that you are safe inside the building for 8 hours, in college that isn't the case. I make a walk at least 3 times the lenth of the walk from my car to the high school--on a busy day when I had to park in the way back of the parking lot--at least 6 times a day. And in the winter, that is a lot of time spent being cold.

I wish I would have known how to live with other people. I have a sister and we shared a room for years, but throughout all of high school I had the privledge of having my own room, my own space. Not anymore, I have to learn how to share again. I have to learn how to be quiet when other people are sleeping and I have to do work, and I have to learn to sleep while other people are working.

Dear High School Me, You made it. You're finally in college. "How's it going?" you ask. "What's it like?" you ponder. Well, I have your answers. Here are a few things you should know before you take this next step. 1.) You don't need a the big meal plan. I get it, you swim, you get hungry, you like to eat food, but you work in the dining hall. Get the small meal plan and eat all the free food you can. 2.) Buy a nice coat. Walking to class in the winter is cold. Really cold. 3.) That senior boy who keeps talking to-- he's creepy. Run away. He is not interested in being your friend. Make friends with people who will respect you as a person and your body. 4.) You have to try to make friends. I know, you're pretty cool, but future best friends are not going to just find you, you have to try to make friends. Join a club. Go do the stupid on campus activities. Don't just sit in your room with your roommate and watch netflix. Good luck high school me. You can do it.

Ingrid

That this private school is on the lower end of the price for college but it's in a good location.

If I could give advice to myself, I would tell myself that you shouldn't stress out about everything so much. Everything will fall into place and that there is no need to be so serious all the time. You're only a chlid once so enjoy the time where you don't have to work, pay for an education, and just get to have friends. You have your whole life to work so don't fuss about it. When it comes to people, you don't have to bend yourself backwards to get people to like you. Just be yourself and people will come to appreciate it. Also, get a cat in your life. You need one around you at all times. They really help.

Someone who is religious (catholic) and someone who is white.

University of St Thomas-Saint Paul administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.