Saint Paul, MN
University of St Thomas-Saint Paul

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of St Thomas-Saint Paul

We are best known for our business majors. Companies come to St. Thomas to find students to work for them. It is an awesome program.

I would tell myself to work hard to make friends. To put myself out there and try to meet new people. Other students in your classes and who live around you are great people to make friends with. Every freshman is in the same position as you. They are trying to make friends, and by you making the first move, you can come accross as very friendly. I would also tell myself to take advantage of all the activites the school has to offer. They plan events on the weekends and offer discount tickets to events in the area. I would tell myself to explor and have more fun outside of the school setting.

Parking is terrible, but it is awesome living in the twin cities. There is so much to do here.

Nhi

If I could go back to high school and talk to myself as a senior, some things I would discuss are dorm life, academic work load and independence. I feel that these things are a big part that should be known to transition into college life. When I arrived at the Univeristy of St. Thomas, dorm life was something so different to me. I felt at first lonely, and uncomfortable and was unhappy with not having privacy to myself. But, I later figured out how to manage school work to have my alone time. Also, I looked at dorm life positively and by talking to people, getting to know them, they immediately became my new family. Another factor that is pretty major is the academic part. I must say it is no longer high school. The thinking level is so much higher and each student is solely responsible for their work and the professors take no slack or excuses. Managing your time to study and get help is a big part and it affects free time and personal health as well. Lastly, independence here in college is amazing because it lets you learn on your own and discover new things.

There are many special things about the University of St. Thomas, but the one thing that makes this school unique is its unity. It is so amazing how this school has many programs, events and clubs to make everyone feel welcome. During my first week, I immediately felt welcomed because the people here would come up and talk to me and let me be apart of what they were doing. It is great how every week, there is always something new and an interesting activity to take part in. That is the the most unique thing about St. Thomas.

Before coming to the Univeristy of St. Thomas, I wish I would have known or did more research about my school and what courses it has to offer. But when I got more situated here, I found out that its major courses are business, education and theology. Although I am not planning to enter any of thsoe fields, I am very pleased with this univeristy and am glad that I am a part of this institution.

Alexandra

My school is a faith based college, with many opportunities for me, in whatever major I choose, and almost any activity I am interested in.

My classmates for the majority are from all around minnesota, and I have been able to get to know many with the small class sizes; there is some diversity between classmates but most are white.

I would say go to a college that you know fits your personality. If you are very independent and don't get homesick often, then going far from home would be a good option. If you like special attention and get lot of help from teachers, then a smaller school may be best. PIck a school tht best fits you and your major, and don't go to a school based on any other person. Start applying for scholarship right away, and don't let lack of money stop you form going to your dream school, becuase there ar so many ways to get help and the college experience is worth every dollar.

Margo

A place where students can meet new people, be academically challenged, and achieve the goals they want to.

Making the life transition from high school to college can be a difficult one, and is different for each person. You could go near or far from home, big or small school, public or private, but no matter where you go, you will need to be prepared. If I were to give myself advice before I came to college I would tell myself to BE PREPARED. Be prepared for lots of hard work, tests, finals, and stress. I would try to teach myself better study skills and ways to help me better focus. Without my parents there telling me to get to work and finish my homework, with the pull of friends, facebook, and other distractors, it is much hard to get things accomplished. Time management is key when you are preparing for college. One other piece of advice that I would give myself in highschool was to work hard and make money. Being a college student it is hard to find a job and life away from home can get expensive!

A person that should attend University of St. Thomas is someone who is driven. This school academically challenges you to learn a lot and achieve what you want. This person should want a medium sized school with a smaller student to teacher ratio. This person should be outgoing and hopefully has some money, because its expensive! The person who comes here should be ready for a fun college experience and should like getting involved with school activities.

Katie

My classmates at St Thomas are very diverse and enthusiastic, yet stick to their core friendship groups,

I would first reassure myself that everything would be ok and I would be able to adjust just fine. Believe it or not, living on your own isn't as difficult as you might have imagined. Just remember to focus during class, and keep yourself organized. Also, be open to meeting people-all different people, even ones you wouldn't have hung out with in high school. Those may be the ones you become closest with. There's a whole new world waiting for you at college, don't be afraid-go forward with confidence and excitement.

I brag about the amazing campus and education along with the many opportunities we have here.

I would tell myself to always go the extra mile in all I do. It gets noticed by everyone when you show up every day for an 8am class when most drop it within the first week. Would also say that while hanging out with friends is really important, you need to remember to study for finals. On that note, study for my math exams.....it will make it easier when you have to take a math course and you already know the basic material.

Maivncais

I would adivse myself to have a better time mangement because in college you really need to know how to mange your time well because you have so much free time and no one to tell you when to do your homework that you can get quickly caught up doing something unproductive and then cause yourself to stress out and stay up late to catch up. This is the biggest problem that I have right now, although it's not that bad for me, I still believe I could do better with the time that I have.

I don't really know. Well may be a person who doesn't really want to work hard in school. I say this because this schoolo makes you work to your up most best. They challenge their students in a positive way to help them achieve their highest potentails. Plus the school is pretty expensive, although St. Thomas do give out good scholarship and financial help.

I consider the best thing about my school is that the majority of the professors make time to know and help their students. They really get to know their students and I really mean it. The professors that I know and a couple more professors through my friends will actually give out there cell phone numbers or home phone numbers to the students in case they have any questions or comments. This to me shows that the teachers really do care and they really do want to help their students to achieve their goals.

Pamela

Outsiders generally sterotype us by our catholic affiliation. But within the school there is not much emphasis on religious affiliation. There is a lot of diversity here and all of the professors respect that, even the theology professors! We are required to take three theology courses, but they teach it as fact and don't try to persuade you to believe one way or the other. Professors only want you to gain a thorough understanding of the different religions in the world.

I would tell myself not to go to go to a large state university first, as I did, and then transfer to St. Thomas. You must go directly to St. Thomas. Stay on campus in a dorm, because as terrible as it sounds it is a great way to connect with other students. If you don't stay on campus for at least two years you will regret it. Don't worry about not having a car the first year. It may seem as if you're stranded but you're not! There are so many places within walking distance that a car isn't even necessary. Also the school hosts different activities that will provide a bus - take advantage of these! Get involved in a sport right away and stay commited to it. You made it through six years of swimming in high school, you can make it in college too! It is yet another way to connect with more friends and grow within the St. Thomas community. And lastly, take pride in your school and show it off!!

I love the dedication of the professors. They truly enjoy teaching students and seeing them understand and enjoy the subject. I've never gotten the feeling that a professor didn't want to be in class and teach us any day.

Katelyn

The biggest thing I would tell myself was the fact that I had a plethora of options when choosing a college. When I first looked at colleges I only looked at the ones in Minnesota. The reason I did this was because I believed that financially staying in state would be a cheaper option. However, I never considered that college is also supposed to be an experience. It means I could have looked at colleges all over the country and opened myself up to new experiences. I would have a different kind of perspective than I gained from my time at Saint Thomas. I would have met more people from many other states. While I do not regret my decision to attend Saint Thomas, I think that college should be about taking risks. Risks that lead to truth, friendship and pave a path for my future.

Our campus atmoshphere on the weekends. Many students choose to leave every weekend so that they can go drink at parties. However, those of us who stay on campus have a great time with the campus activites. However when everyone chooses to leave campus versus staying those activties get cut from the budget.

Students who do not want a school foucused on business careers. People who do not want liberal arts education. Those who like an impersonal academic expereience.

Tyler

Saint thomas has a very nice campus with a big focus on academics. It is very expensive to go to school here. All people here have good intentions of learning or teaching.

Saint Thomas is known for its busniness programm as well as academics in general. Business's in the area relly think highly of saint thomas.

I would say that I should keep working hard and learn as much as possible. I should be prepared to workhard and studying a couple hours a day. Have as much fun now because college life is a lot of responsiblities and is a totally different experience than college. I believe high school has prepared you for college academics and the ability to succeeed. It's not all fun and exciting but stressful and disappointing at times. Do your best and everything should workout well.

University of St Thomas-Saint Paul administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.