Saint Paul, MN
University of St Thomas-Saint Paul

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of St Thomas-Saint Paul

Kim

I would tell myself not to worry so much. During my senior year in high school I was extremely worried about choosing a college. I fell in love with my current school when I visited it, but I wasn?t sure how I would pay for it and how I would fit in after I had heard certain rumors about the type of students that went to this school. Now that I am at the school, I know that the rumors I heard were not true, and that money is not more important that getting a quality education at a place that feels right. Looking back, I am so glad that I chose to come to my current school despite all of the worries I had, it was the best decision I have ever made.

many students do go home or away from campus on the weekends.

it is in the middle of the twin cities so there is a ton to do, but when you are are in the middle of the quad, it feels like it could be in the middle of no where.

Clayton

The University of St. Thomas is a quality school whose goal is to help the students become successful.

Big location in terms of population and urban setting but the school and class sizes are relatively small.

First of all, everything is going to be okay. There is no need to fear change and the uncertainty of what lies ahead. Enjoy your final year in high school because you will never have an experience like it again. Always remember where you came from. Don't dwell on the accomplishments you've had but continue to set new goals for yourself. Work hard and always have an open mind. Don't forget the people that helped you get to where you are now and most importantly, take some time every single day to simply enjoy life!

Dustin

I would tell myself to take school more seriously during the rest of my senior year and try my hardest to get into a 4 year university as fast as I could. I would also tell myself to look forward to college because it is amazing. It's seriously the experience of a lifetime, I never thought I would love school and getting an education as much as I do.

The total cost to attend the school. Their programs require a little more credits than most courses which means i'm going to be busy busy for the next 2 years to graduate on time. Its' going to be very expensive for these 2 years.

The theology requirements. We ar required to take 3 theology classes, i understand its a Catholic school, but i think 1 theology class would be efficient enough to get their point across. I'm personally not Catholic so its not the easiest for me to get intrigued by the courses, but in the end i think it will be a good experience.

I would make myself take harder classes and make sure that I look at all possabilities of schools and where the best education is but for a more reasonable price.

Some professors really dont try to help us succeed and will not have enough office hours for us to meet and succeed

I think that their isn't much diversity and everybody seems to come from about 20 minutes away and its a pack and go home kind of school.

Amber

If I could go back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to be patient. Making the transition to college, I was very impatient with everything from submitting the applications, finding my financial aid, and just moving away from my small town home. Looking back, I would tell myself to cherish the time in high school and with friends. I know I'll always have my friends, but going back home is never the same after leaving. Getting to college, I was eager to make friends and tried to hurry relationships and and force friendships. While I did make some friends right away, I made truer friends from just relaxing and letting things happen naturally. Overall, letting events run their course and enjoying the ride is the biggest lesson I've learned from the transition to college.

I love the classes I'm taking at the University of St. Thomas. Although they're difficult, I learn so much. The teachers are really helpful and the information is very interesting.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that freshmen aren't allowed to have cars. You can take buses to anywhere you need to go, but it's inconvenient to find the route, the times, and the trip takes a lot longer than it would in a car.

Katie

I would tell myself that I should go to whichever college fits me best, as in the one where I can see myself going to school and meeting people. Although the cost of tuition, room, board, and everything else can be intimidating, debt is all relative. It is better to go to the school that fits best than to listen to the money and where your finances are telling you to attend. I would also say that school is important, but so it a social life. My high school self needed to hear that academics are just as important spending time with friends, especially since the next year everyone goes separate ways.

This school is in the nation's top ten for study abroad programs. UST offers a variety of courses abroad and nationally, and if they do not have a specific program, students can design their own and work with other schools in Minnesota. They are also reasonable priced. As far as private schools go, UST has a large amount of majors and minors available (90+ majors). Students can also take classes at Hamline, St. Cate's, Macalester, and Augsburg.

Students who are liberal and afraid of or intolerable of differing thinkers should not attend this school because it tends to be conservative. There are clubs and organizations on campus for those with liberal opinions; it is just more difficult to make progress here. Students who fear financial loans should also not attend UST because it is rather expensive. The school offers financial aide, but it still costs a lot to attend.

Daniel

I would tell myself to RELAX. I was very nervous about the transition from high school to college, and I had no idea what to expect. All college students have experienced this. Meeting new friends is never a problem, adjusting to a new environment will happen over time, and homesickness will disappear before you know it. I would tell myself to prepare for added responsibility and better time management. You have a lot of free time on your hands at college, and it is up to you to make your activities worthwhile. I would tell myself to enjoy it while it lasts. Your college years will fly by so fast you won't believe it happened.

Kids with lots of money who like easy A's in classes.

Someone that is hard-strapped for cash or that wants really challenging academic work.

Most of my classmates are caucasian, christian, men and women with a strong desire to promote a positive learning environment. They generally find themselves concerned with others and do their part to generate a strong, collective impact upon the local area by volunteering at local libraries, schools, and churches.

Mike, The best preparation you can make for college is this: Remain flexible and vigilant in class. Keep an open mind in your studies; sometimes even "boring" general classes can be engaging and enlightening. Don't take for granted the fact that you have the opportunity to gain an education, and pursue your dreams to the fullest. Maintain a positive attitude when you are faced with a challenging or uninteresting class. Take pride in your work. Your professors will appreciate it and you will have a strong sense of confidence and happiness with your academic pursuits. Look for interesting opportunities to socialize with your peers: college is about more than academics, it is about becoming a personable citizen.

<Individuals who describe themselves with some of these words/phrases should attend the University of Saint Thomas: "well-rounded", "service-oriented", "academically motivated", or "leader".

Jackie

St. Thomas is absolutely beautiful and an incredibly easy place to have fun, learn and make friends.

I would tell myself not to be nervous because college work is not that different than high school work. My high school prepared me really well. I would tell myself to not let procrastination get the better of me and use good time management skills. I'd tell myself not to be so nervous about meeting new people and to go out on the weekends and introduce myself instead of sticking with the people that I already knew all the time. Most importantly, I would tell myself not to let everything stress me out and just be happy with what I have going for me.

The most frustrating thing for me is that most of the on-campus jobs require applicants to qualify for work-study, which I do not.

University of St Thomas-Saint Paul administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.