Saint Paul, MN
University of St Thomas-Saint Paul

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of St Thomas-Saint Paul

Edward

I actually have thought about this after my first year of college, and I came up with some things i would have liked to change. I would tell myself not to room with my best friends from high school. Not because we didnt get along but because i should have stepped more out of my comfort zone and roomed with someone else. I should have taken the whole college experience on and roomed with someone i didnt know and had a chance to meet a group whole new people.

I like how it is so close to home, and be able to feel like am away from home also. I can get my college experience but also go home if i need to.

Sometimes about how well our sports teams are doing. In the recent years our sports organization has done very well.

Ashton

They are friendly and always available to help you out in school.

They are friendly and always available to help you out in school.

I would tell myself to imagine walking through each and every campus on a daily basis and ask myself "Do I feel comfortable here?" "Can I see myself succeeding in this environment?" I failed to ask myself these questions before I actually moved into my dorm room. Luckily, I made the correct choice in picking a college whereas my high school friends did not. They based their choice right upon the cheapest they could get. Yes, the college I am attending is a bit pricey, but I know this is exactly where I want to be. I love everything about this campus. I love the fact there are always activities and clubs going on and their is never a moment to be bored here. I would have told myself to visit the campus more than just once to get the feel for being there. You can't get an idea of being there unless you experience the campus first hand. I fortunately made the right choice but I feel anywhere else I would not be as happy.

Someone looking for a strong interconnected school where there is always something to do other than party every weekend.

Daniel

It's hard to find words that would encompass all the things that I've learned about life through college experience, but perhaps that is because there is so much left to learn. As a high school student I, as many do, had a personal idea of what college would be. You do you're best to prepare yourself for that particular idea, but when you get to the real deal it turns out to be completely different. That being said, I would tell myself things like "get organized and stay organized", "always work hard and to high standards", and "never back off what you believe." I think points like these are things teachers, parents, and mentors have always tried to hit home. Because when its said and done, nobody can prepare you for your specific college experience, all they can do is prepare you in how to handle experiences and react to situations that are thrown at you. Which may be one of the best life lessons of all.

That is hard to graduate in 4 years with the required liberal arts curriculum and an intensive Engineering degree. In fact is near impossible. Also that it is a very expensive school for living and education.

It is a really personally based learning experience with small classes and hands on opportunities. I have been able to learn a lot in my classes and really have come a long way, but not a day goes by where I don't feel like I should be feeling more for the amount of money that is going into my education.

Annyetta

The advice that I would give myself as a second year college student, having experienced the college life, is to get involved. All throughout high school I was so focused on grades and studying. Coming to college, I now know how important it is to put yourself out there. I am not by any means saying studying isn't important, because after all, it is why you enter into college, but the friends that you make and relationships you form have the potential to be lifelong. Achieveing academic goals have always been and still should be the number one priority! In the same respect, I now realize just how much I gained from joining a club and going to on-campus events. You are now not in college to just gain factual knowledge, but to get to know who you are as a person. Campus life is an unforgetable experience and it would be unfortunate to spend all your time in a book when there is a whole wonderful sea of people to get to know. College is one of the best experiences and it should never go to waste, I am so lucky and grateful to have the opportunity.

The kind of person that shoudl attend this University, is one who wants to learn and get far in life with a solid carrer. They have to be fully willing to work hard. This university provides so many activites to get everyoen involved so someone who is willign to step out of their shell to experience new things with new people will greatly benefit from attending this university. There is no social pressure to fit in with "clicks" so as long as you are accepting, everyoen is goign to accept you!

I LOVE the fact that the main undergraduate campus is in a safe neighborhood setting where there is no fear for safety reasons, but then we have an easily accesible shuttle to take us to our second campus downtown. It is the best of both worlds! So not only do I live on a beautiful campus, I live with amazing people, who become friends for life!

Katherine

My classmates are fun, energetic students who are preparing themselves for the future by getting a great education.

Looking back at my college career, I realize that things are not always as they seem. Things that I thought were important at the time are not as important now that I look again. With that said, I think I would tell myself now that while you're in the moment, be cautious of the future. Look at your future and make sure that the decisions you're making now are going to make a positive influence in your future. Work hard so that the people who get to make the decisions about your future easier. While working hard in the classroom, make sure to allow yourself to have fun with those who you surround yourself with. I promise the more fun you have with friends, will make your entire college experience better. The better your experience, the more you will enjoy your classes. Some of the biggest stressors in college are the ones you make youself. You're (usually) only in college once, don't fill it with regret.

The type of person that should attend the University of St. Thomas is the type of person looking to acquire knowledge to prepare them for the future. While obtaining the knowledge necessary for the future, St. Thomas allows students to become as involved as they want by providing many clubs, organizations and entertainment for an enjoyable social life.

Will

Trust your instincts, you've taken the time to visit and evaluate the colleges your deciding from. When you get to school take time to get to know the other people on your floor, there's a good chance some of them will become your best friends. Take time to get to know your roomate before move-in in the fall, it's nice to know at least one person when you arrive on campus. Be open to new things! You never know what you might try doing and fall in love with that activity. Take time to get to know your professors every semester, this way when you're in a bind there's someone to help you out. Have a social life, but don't let your social life affect your schoolwork. Last have fun! Take time to stop and smell the roses once and awhile because the time goes fast!

A student interesting in pursuing a higher education while furthering their faith and continuing to develop socially. Those who fit in the best tend to be business or science majors who are Catholic and come from upper middle class families.

Someone who is very liberal and focusing on the arts.

I would tell myself to get into better study habits. I realized that allthough I did study in high school. I did not study to my full potential and I did not get into habits of studying. I would also tell myself to treasure the days that I had with my friends as we all split up to go to college and we all have different experiences and change. Even the friend who came to the same college and I ahve changed in different ways.

My School has a catholic envirnoment to go along with being catholic in name. It has great community and great professors. It has only professors teaching. It is also in the big city but does not have the big city feel. It allows for people from everywhere to come and find a place to feel at home. It also allows for many great opportunities that go alone with the big city.

There are many different types of people here so that any person will feel welcome here if they give it a chance. There are people here from all different parts of the United States and also a lot of foreign exchange students from many different countries. There are poeple who are from bigger cities and also people here who come from place where their town only has five people. Everyone should attend this school.

Clare

Its Catholic Tradition is incredibly unique and it can offer a refreshing perspective on many current events.

C, You may not feel it but love high school while you?re there. Study for the ACT and take it a second time. A smile makes all the difference when presenting yourself- enjoy those friendships that it makes. Rowing gets easier, so put in the hard work now and your perfomance will amaze you. Your life gets more confident but more complicated. Be happy in the ease of day to day things such as homecooked meals, car rides from parents and school events. You are beautiful and the people who are always there are the Family. Spend time with them now. God is good. Volunteer. -Clare

People who will just sit in class and never talk, those that roll their eyes if the teacher gets off topic or complain everytime their grade is below average. Baically apathetic people should not be allowed. Neither should people whose vocabular consists of vulgar language every other word.

Alison

Get involved! Get to know people besides your roommates! You are going to meet your best friends in these clubs! Don't forget to take deep breaths and LIVE!

The location is great! We have our own little community that is right in the heart of the city. Which makes it great and flexible for any type of student. There are many small buisnesses surrounding the campus that students get involvled with.

Any type of person can attend St.Thomas. We area very versatile and open to all sorts of students. We have students from over 25 countries and we are a liberal school. A student who wants to get involved is a perfect type. We have over 100 clubs to get involved with. For example, I am on the Green Team, Eastern European Club, and Global Minded Student Assosiation as well as being a Tommie Ambassador!

University of St Thomas-Saint Paul administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.