Saint Paul, MN
University of St Thomas-Saint Paul

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of St Thomas-Saint Paul

Meghan

St. Thomas is a place where you will gain knowledge, life-time friends and a degree from a very prestigious and well-known university.

Choosing a college that is right for you is extremly difficult. Make sure you make lists of what things you want at your school you will attend and take into account things such as money, classes, majors/minors and the size and location of the school. Make sure you look at a variety of different schools to know which one is truly right for you. Working as hard as you can in high school will help you to be as successful as you poosibly can as long as you work your hardest. Taking AP classes will be very helpful in preparing you for what a college class will be like, but also could save you time and money by earning some college credit before you even graduate high school. Make sure to weigh out every possibility and ask others for advice, talk to people who go to schools you are somewhat interested in, we/they are usually very helpful and more than willing to help. They have been through the same thing and can share their experiences with you.

St. Thomas is unique in the way our campus is set up. We have the same set schedule Tuesdays and Thursdays and the same on Monday Wednesday and Fridays, whereas bigger univeristies seem to be all over the place. We have a huge number and variety of different clubs, sports and intramurals that anyone can join here. There are always ways to get involved and there are always activities and events occurring during the week and on weekends; many include free food!

Sara

My university is a very large family that has its flaws but is a place where one can see themselves succeeding in.

In high school i started out with a lot of motivation to do well. However, as the years progressed i lost that motivation that by the time i was ready to graduate I was barely getting by and struggled on getting decent scholarships. If I could go back to hiugh school I would tell myself to actually try and to achieve and go beyond what was expected of me. I would have also been way more involved in the world that surrounded me and got involved in programs that had to do with helping the poor and underprivlaged kids and not be so involved with the drama that engulfed my life in high school. I dont exactly know if I would listen to myself but I know that if someone had drilled that into be a long time ago I would have graduated more proud of myself and more achieved at life experiences.-

The University of St. Thomas isn't a very diverse school. They say that they would like it to be a very intergrated school and yet they hold no events to specifically achieve those goals. Also the student body tends to stick with their own race and so the blacks tend to group up with other blacks and the whites tend to group with other whites. Its not a very warm campus to diversity overall.

Lindsey

Take the "broken leg test" seriously. That is, if you break your leg and cannot play your varsity sport, will you still be happy going to this college? If the answer is no, than find a better place to go, even if that means not playing at the varsity level. In the end, your education is more important, and you can always find other rescources off campus to play the sport you love, and attend the university you love. Become organized! Your life will get busy and, at times, very hard. If you stay organized and keep small goals in your line of sight you will be more successful. Build a strong support system around you for when you are faced with difficulties. It helps to have friends and family who support you when times get tough.

The amount it costs for the education I have recieved from poor quality professors

Maureen

They have a great business and law school and huge alumni basis for after graduation.

As a high school senior there were so many questions and worries I had about coming to college. I regularly sat and pondered what would be in store for me for the coming fall. I was worried about everything from my dorm to the cafeteria food to the classes. My excitement turned into more of a pang of fear everytime the question of my future plans arose. If I could go back in time I would love to tell myself to not worry, not to be fearful. College has by far been the most exiting time of my life thus far and I wish that I hadn't spent so much time worrying about it and making myself sick over it. The things that may have seemed scary turned out to be the most exciting events, a time for me to learn new things about myself and about the world around me. I would tell myself to take the things that are unfamiliar to me and instead of worrying to be ready to take it all in and learn something new from it.

The area it is in is great. There is a ton of stuff to do. The community is pretty tight-knit.

Kevin

My school is located in a big city, but it has a small town feel. The academics are above average, as well as the athletics. It is a tight knit community, yet you see new faces every day. The history can be seen in the architecture, yet they are refreshingly new. It has the perfect balance of new and old, calm and busy, big and small.

If I could go back and give myself advice as a high school senior, I would crack down on my procrastinating nature. It has been very devastating to my college career. I would also tell myself to get out and explore more, in regards to clubs, career choices, and friends. It would have been nice to have a better idea of what I wanted to do before college, instead of being forced to make a quick decision when first entering college. If I could go back, I would take more college preparatory classes, so that the transition into my current college courses would be a little easier. In general, I would go back and tell myself that high school should be more about preparing for college than just "getting by" and graduating.

At St. Thomas, we are required to declare our major by the end of our sophomore year. I was expecting some time to explore different fields and then decide on a specific major. But, in my particular field of study (Mechanical Engineering), you would be way behind if you didn't decide on that major until sophomore year. I wish I had known this so that I would have explored my options more before entering into college.

Kristin

My classmates are hardworking, focused, and very into maximizing their potential.

Knowing what I know now about college life, if I were given the opportunity to go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to become more involved and take more chances. I have been a shy person most of my life, so I would tell myself to put myself out there and don't be afraid. If I were to have known this before, it would have made my first year as a college student a lot easier.

Before I came to this school, I wish I would have known how much different it was from high school. I was very much sheltered growing up, so coming to this campus was a really big step and a big change for me.

Jason

My classmates are all people who love Minnesota and ideally would not like to leave the state.

Jason, College is jsut aroud the corner. You have heard so much from family and friends about what to expect and how different life will be. Well, I've been through it and I can tell you what you need to know. Keep your eyes open. You need to let go of your high school ideas, notions, and relationships. It's time to grow by learning new things and meeting new people. Make sure you study hard every week so as not to limit your option at the end of school. Go out and date new people. Date people that are different than your high school girlfriend and people who are different than your family. No matter what happens though, keep your mind open to new things and take in everything that St. Thomas has to offer. Seize oppurtunity as it comes your way. Try new foods, visit new places, get a job that you wouldn't take. Stay close with your family and learn to cook! But, the most important thing is, go have fun, your youth is almost over, enjoy the end of it.

The school tends to very clique oriented. Also, the school is not great for majors besides business or some science.

Jim

Friendly, out-going, charming, fun, etc. There are a lot of interesting people and most of my classmates are willing help each other and work together.

1. study abroad 2. date more, and more relationship-based stuff 3. network often 4. joined a good club 5. engaged in at least one massive, clever, harmless prank 6. understand what social class is and how it affects every interaction on campus, especially with the chicks. 7. have no regrets, absorb everything from everyone

How much it would cost to get a good education at a great school. Otherwise, I think I was well prepared and had opportunities in high school to be on my own a couple of times. I probably could have used a little more knowledge on organization, but after the first semester it wasn't a problem.

Giang

University of St. Thomas is life changing in a very positive way.

University of St. Thomas is life changing in a very positive way.

Going to the University of St. Thomas is a completely different world from high school and community college. It's an academically, socially, and healthy excelling atmosphere. Have more confidence in your decision because you're not making a mistake.

Everyone at school is extremely friendly but i mainly surround myself around familiar faces.

Morgan

I would give myself the advice of taking more Advanced Placement classes so that I could have come into college with more credits and experience under my belt. It also makes things much cheaper! St. Thomas is getting more and more expensive and my family and I are becoming more and more unable to provide the money to pay for how much it is. I would also tell myself to keep my GPA as high as possible, because a lot of your scholarships depend on your high school GPA.

Its much smaller than the other schools I considered, but I really enjoy that aspect!

The best thing about my school is how the classes opperate and how many students are in each class. This entails the professors help, work load, fairness, etc.

University of St Thomas-Saint Paul administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.