University of St Thomas-Saint Paul

« See more reviews of University of St Thomas-Saint Paul

The main aspect St. Thomas has to offer its students is the ability to receive individual academic attention due to small class sizes. St. Thomas provides numerous courses with thirty students or less, giving you the tools necessary to excel both before and after graduation. Few schools have that key advantage to offer. This makes St. Thomas significantly more unique. You get to know your teachers and classmates on a personal level--you feel comfortable asking for help or advice. You also form relationships with professors who can provide crucial connections in highly competitive job and internship markets.

One thing I love about the University of St. Thomas (UST) is the individual attention we receive from professors. UST values high academic achievement/performance, and as such, provides its students with smaller class sizes and a small student to faculty ratio – about 15:1 on average. With easy access to professors, and the opportunity to build great student-professor relationships and friendships with students that share similar academic interests, students at UST are provided with an enhanced learning environment and an overall enriching college experience that can’t be found any place else.

St. Thomas has an undergraduate student body of a little over 6,000 students which makes class sizes small allowing for greater interaction between professors and their students. This was very important to me because I learn much better in an environment where I can ask questions if I am confused or if I would like clarification on a particular topic. While tourning the school everyone I met was friendly, upbeat, and seemed very active. This was another reason I chose St. Thomas. Finally, St. Thomas offers many scholoarships to students making it affordable for many budget ranges.

The University of St. Thomas not only was the most beautiful campus I toured, but as I did my research and especially now that I attend classes here, I've learned that the professors are really very intelligent and come from all around the states to teach at St. Thomas. The classes are small, but that gives the opportunity to get personalized feedback and create relationships with your professors. Also, the course material is specialized and in depth which makes the classes interesting. Compared to other colleges, St. Thomas is a safe and positve environment to learn and live in.

The University of Saint Thomas is very unique, mostly due to the Christian basis of the campus and of the incredible academics. There is a seminary, chapel, and multiple Christian organizations and clubs that are readily available on campus. I am currently involved in a Bible Study, Gospel Choir, and a worship service called Ignite. Also, the class sizes are quite small, which provides an excellent education for students as a result of the individual attention that is able to be provided. It is a very safe and clean campus, with many wonderful activities to participate in.

St. Thomas' faculty and professors care about the students first. Anytime a student has a question they are readily available, are more than happy to help, and always insure that we understand the material when we seek help. All of the chemistry professors here (my major) know me by my first name and we are on a very personal basis. Any one of them would gladly write me a letter of recommendation. Plus research is very easy to get into, and looks great on a resumé. Academics come first. Plus class sizes are small (21 on average per class).

When considering the rest of my college career, I had to look at a variety of aspects. Looking at the the town, the genuity of the people, and what the school could bring me in my future, all led to what choice I would make. The University of St. Thomas had different unique qualities that the other schools I applied to did not. This school is full of creative minds, people with full hearts that are truly interested in the betterment of their future, ad finally, this school had the atmosphere of a family that would not let others down.

The only other school I considered was UW Madison. The two schools are not alike in any way. Madison has such an incredibly large campus, and is right in the middle of the city. St. Thomas, on the other hand, is nearby downtown St. Paul, but the area still feels somewhat suburban. What's interesting about St. Thomas is that while the main campus functions like this, there is also a campus in downtown Minneapolis, and the University provides a shuttle for students to go back and forth. The size is also much smaller at Saint Thomas.

There are many special things about the University of St. Thomas, but the one thing that makes this school unique is its unity. It is so amazing how this school has many programs, events and clubs to make everyone feel welcome. During my first week, I immediately felt welcomed because the people here would come up and talk to me and let me be apart of what they were doing. It is great how every week, there is always something new and an interesting activity to take part in. That is the the most unique thing about St. Thomas.

From friends and neighbors that attended the University of St. Thomas, I've only heard great things. I had an idea towards the end of high school that I wanted to go into business and found out St. Thomas has a strong business program. On top of being an excellent school, they have the funding for new and exciting things. Not only are they building a new student center and athletic complex, they gave me the most scholarship money, but I still need help. I am getting a private school education at a state school price.