University of St Thomas-Saint Paul

« See more reviews of University of St Thomas-Saint Paul

I think this school accommodates for a variety of personalities and interests. This liberal arts college allows students to get an education in their field of study while becoming socially aware of other areas like Human Diversity, other languages, and Theology. There is a unique music program at the college. This college offers students so much and we are left to decide which portions to take from it. Any student who wants a well-rounded education at a smaller school and wants to take full advantage of the thousands of opportunities and experiences should choose the University of St. Thomas.

While there are many different types of people who could do well at St. Thomas, I think that diciplined, serious students would thrive academically here. There are wide ranges of courses offer to challenge students intelletually. No matter how smart an individual is, there will always be courses for them to take to increase their wisdom. Students who want to improve academically would do well here. There are fabulous libraries on campus with excellent resourses. With so many other 'fun things' on campus, a student will need to have a focused dedication to their academics to truly thrive.

Any student from different ethnic backgrounds and religious affliations. The University offers study abroad programs in many countries as a way of creating diverse ideas on campus and so students who are interested in international studies and travelling would love St. Thomas. Students who are competitive in sports are encouraged to attend St. Thomas as we have won a conference-best 11 NCAA team championships in six different sports, and have had top-five NCAA team finishes in 18 different sports. For football lovers, our football coach was voted best coach of NCAA Division III football.

The kind of person who should attend the University of St. Thomas is an open minded and determined individual. The person should have high standards for achievement and the integrity to work hard and stay focused through the challenging courses. A strong work ethic and the ability to overcome adversity and obstacles are also key traits of the type of person who should attend UST. The person should be ready to critically think and question aspects of society that seem to be the norm of today. Also, the person should be excited to learn while meeting new entriguing people.

Anyone with a strong drive and motivation to achieve great things. Anyone with a desire for individual attention from professors who really care and want their students to do well. Anyone with hopes of finding work right after graduation from employers happy to hire a UST grad. Anyone who thrives in a small community, with tight knit relationships. Anyone looking for a campus that provides both the excitement of the city and the proximity of a beautiful parks, rivers and outdoor recreation. Anyone looking for a quality education and an exciting social circle.

The University of St. Thomas is a perfect fit for students who are driven learners, looking for a great job in their post-college lives. This university is small enough to allow you to facilitate your own learning style, yet it is large enough to challenge and accomodate all types of students from all types of backgrounds. The university's rich history creates a unique bond between "Tommie" alumni in the career world and current "Tommie" students that cannot be found anywhere else. Simply put, if you want to find a job in these hard times, GO TO ST. THOMAS!

People who seek to reach their highest potential in a community-based learning environment should come to this school. People who are seeking small class sizes, professors who are always available to help you and respond relatively quickly to emails and questions, as well as people who are seeking a campus filled with social activities (and perhaps opportunities for free food!) would enjoy this university very much. Also, students who are seeking a university in an area close to the city but not necessarily in the city would enjoy this school as well.

The kind of person who should attend a school like St. Thomas is someone who is motivated and ambitious. Anyone who believes they can make a change in their own life as well as positively influence another’s life should attend this school. Someone who wants to be involved in the community but may not know where to start belongs at this school. Anyone who is dedicated and passionate about their work in the classroom and outside belongs here as well. Lastly, anyone who seems lost and needs guidance will be led down the right path at St. Thomas.

The person that should attend this school is a person that values athletics on a high level while still wanting to be in an academic instituition. Also, St. Thomas values their business school, therefore, a person wanting to go into the business field is a major plus. St. Thomas values their Catholic tradition while still accepting another religions. You don't have to be Catholic going to a private Catholic university. All in all, St. Thomas is an excellent university of wanting to be in the city, but not in the midldle of the city.

St. Thomas is a great liberal arts school if you enjoy the small class aspect of college. All of my classes are under thirty people with plenty of access to professors. The professors are extremely good and willing to help. The school itself is large for a small school so it has plenty of athletic teams and events as well as many clubs. The orientation at the beginning of the year helps so that you can quickly make friends and get involved. If you want both the pro's of a large and small school, St. Thomas is for you.