University of St Thomas-Saint Paul

« See more reviews of University of St Thomas-Saint Paul

The greatest service The University of St. Thomas offers students, is the opprotunity to develop a lifelong relationship with their professors. Every professor I have had there, regardless of their area of expertise or how engaging their courses were, cares deeply about their students. Having talked with upperclassmen and Tommie alumni, I know that it is a normal occurance to stay in contact with professors long after the course has ended. I know without a doubt that I will stay in touch with several of my professors. They go above and beyond and truly care about their student's lives.

I am very pleased with my choice of coming to St. Thomas University in St. Paul Minnesota for numerous reasons. To narrow my list down and choice the best aspect of my school is difficult but I would have to say the student body here and resources available. For example almost every student no matter the age or race is more than happy to help you when in need or provide information to younger students. The resources around the city and through the University are impecable; including the public safety, library workers, professors, residence staff, bus company, catering services, etc.

I think the best thing about St. Thomas is the overwhelming feeling of community in a faith life. Growing up in a public school, pursuing a relationship with God was not necessarily encouraged, and I think that hindered my abilities when it came to living out a Christian faith. However, St. Thomas really provides so many ways and opportunities for students to develop and pursue a faith life whether it be through different groups or clubs or even a job through campus ministry like myself. Having something such as faith in common as a University is such a blessing.

The best thing about my school are the professors. They all are well educated, always available and really want thier students to do well. I have had professors call me when I am home sick to see how I am doing. I think they really care. All of my professors have been understanding of my situation( being a nontraditional student). St. Thomas also has a great financial aid package. My tuition is paid for by grants and scholarships. My supplemental loans cover living expences. I do wish my loans were available sooner, but otherwise great financial aid.

I feel that the best part about St. Thomas is how many opportunties it offers. It offers everything from intramural sports, to student leadership opportunities, student government, volunteer opportunities and a wide array of clubs and organizations. St. Thomas faculty and staff are extremely helpful to students, helping us to succeed and graduate on time. There are also services offered on campus for any question or problem you may have about academics, jobs and internships, or future careers. It is very comforting to know that help is always available.

The best part about St. Thomas is the relatively small campus: literally size, as well as student body and class sizes. I have never felt like "just a number" at UST because my professors know my name and my largest class was an introductory biology lecture that had approximately sixty students. Furthermore, living in the dorms, I could leave my room ten minutes before class and arrive with time to spare. While UST is the largest private school in Minnesota, it still has a sense of community and you recognize smiling faces where ever you go!

St. Thomas is the best school at offering their students the opportunity to have the wonderful, personal experience of knowing everyone while at the same time being a big enough school to give the full college experience. With Hamline, St. Kate's, U of M, Macalester, Concordia- St. Paul within a couple miles, the college atmosphere is a presence and taken pride in. Every day I walk through campus with a pride and passion that is, as I now see, a commonality among every Tommie here. UST is a great place to be, but an even greater place to grow.

The best thing about the University of St. Thomas is the personal feel I get during each interaction throughout my school day. Every professor cares about mysuccess, and is willing to consult with me regarding any part of my education or life. During a walk on campus, people left and right will say hello, whether or not they have met you before. Everyone will offer to help you with any problem you may have. Overall, the best thing about St. Thomas that I would share with others is the friendliness and helpfulness of everyone on campus.

The best thing about St. Thomas is that even though you are surrounded by people who are from the same economic statuses, similar backgrounds, and dress the same way, there is still room for you to learn something from each person. Each person here is different, but it takes a little more than a first glance to realize this. You must take the initiative to get to know each and every person and realize that even though people may appear to be the same, each person is an individual with their own characteristics, views, and talents.

I would recommend the University of St. Thomas to almost all current high school students. I love this college for many reasons but my favorite thing is the professors. I have only been attending the university for less than a year but I love all of my professors. I feel comfortable going to their office hours to meet one-on-one with them. I also go to them for advice for which classes to take and other questions I may have. The small class sizes allow students to really get to know the professor at the University of St. Thomas.