University of the Cumberlands Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of the Cumberlands

Camorree

If you are looking for diversity, this is NOT the place for you. Unfortunately, I was lured in with false promises. There is very little to do off campus and it is in the middle of nowhere. There is nothing that really makes this school special. Only come if you are interested in sports, the ministries, or close to home.

Mary

Studying, work and classes sums up my usual week. There’s a lot of homework to be found at any point in the semester and some of the teachers are incredibly demanding. The on campus housing is good in some dorms, bad in others; for instance, in a dorm called “Asher” the sinks are caving in, but in a dorm called “archer” They recently put in good heating and air conditioners. It’s like that everywhere on campus, the older the building, the worse it is, but they do try to rennovate in a timely manner. As for the food options, there’s not many on or around campus. We do have a new Chick Fil A and Tossed in what we call “the grill,” located on the first floor of the Boswell student center, Starbucks is located on the second floor and we have a dining hall on campus that makes the best dinner rolls. For recreation, we have a large swimming pool that has certain times to be used and we have the new Wellness Center that features workout equipment, ping pong tables, pool tables, an Xbox, and most Monday’s have a smoothie night. Off campus there’s practically nothing to do and students spend most of their time at Walmart on the weekends or in Corbin, the next town over, where there is a movie theatre and a few good places to shop. There are some fun activities on campus, usually taking place at the beginning and end of the semester, but for the most part there’s a general focus on studying. That’s UC in a nut shell, it can be an interesting place to go, certainly if you are spiritual in any way shape or form.

Mary

I moved to Kentucky to come to school here and it was a leap of faith but I have not been disappointed. There may not be much to do in Williamsburg itself but Knoxville and Lexington are so close! This is the perfect school for students that are outdoorsy. When the weather allows you'll find half the campus is out hiking the mountains and walking trails. The academics are top rate, tuition isn't bad, class sizes are small, and you can always find help. On top of all that- this campus just feels like home.

Alysia

The campus is a very beautiful, small campus. Saturday nights are pretty quiet on campus, most people go home or to Knoxville, Tn. Class sizes are small and intimate, it almost feels like high school classrooms with less students in them. The only thing I hate about this school is the women's wrestling team, but that's because of personal things.

If I could go back and do it all over I still probably would have ended up at the Cumberlands however I don't think that I would recommend it to people. I came in a dual sport athlete and both of my coaches left after my freshmen year. One coach was a step up and treated the athletes better for the most part while the other coach did the opposite; clearly had favorites, treated others poorly, and was unable to stick to his word.

ashley

i really love the campus and the people are all very nice and respectable. They all will help no matter what or when, and they are very helpful to beat it. You can always count on your adviser or you teachers to really help you out when you don't know what to do or when you need the help.

Autumn

I have gone to two other colleges, but nothing has compared to my experience at UC. They have a phenomenal staff that is willing to work with you at any time. Their academics push students to go beyond the standards of most colleges. It is amazing to be a part of a wonderful family that actually encourages its students to thrive in the world outside.

UC has been an excellent choice for my online graduate degree. The cost of courses is very competitive with other online programs. The courses have been rigorous, interesting, and have continued my love for learning into a content area that I was unsure about finding intriguing. The professors have been very helpful and understanding while offering a challenging atmosphere to push my knowledge further. With a combination of synchronous and asynchronous courses, they have created an online environment that is like an in-seat classroom, but in the comfort of my own home. This experience, at a small, private, liberal-arts institution, has been comparable to my classes at a large, state, research institution.

Makayla

I love it, I feel at home. From the moment I stepped on campus just to visit I knew that is where I wanted to get the best possible education and make life long friendships. University of the Cumberlands is a blessing in my life, I’m truly thankful to go to such an amazing school.

Harriett

The U of the Cumberlands is a great school. The school is very affordable and beautiful, located in Kentucky. The academics are excellent, not to mention the accessibility of the faculty. I encourage anyone to go and visit the campus, talk to students, and faculty.

Breanna

For the longest time I had no idea where I wanted to go to college. Cumberlands was always an option, but I never looked into them that much. I wish I would have gotten more involved with them earlier in high school. I attend there now and I can say so far in my life it is one of the best choices I have made in my life. This university is very great academics and in athletics or anything you look at really, I haven’t seen one down thing about going here.

Kaitlin

University of the Cumberlands has been a wonderful experience. Faculty, advisors and professors respond quickly to any questions or concerns you may have.